Thread: Forgetting shopping again...

Cynical Facetious Heckler mancroft's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

Forgetting shopping again...

Went to the shops today with a list of three items in my brain and returned with one of the items and three other different items having totally forgotten about the other two. Sad thing is, I do this all the time.

INTPC UK Photos ... MBTI Guide

Baaaraaack Obaaamaaa.

Type
    INTP
    Sometimes I like to remember the number of items I need and if I don't get that many I know to walk down the isles until I find that many items that I need. But that wouldn't have worked for you this time.

Type
    INFP
    Mine's Laundry.

I'm always reminding myself I need to do laundry, discovering the machines in use and then forgetting until the next day when I'm in need of clean clothes. Then doing it again a couple days later, ad infinitum.
    Oh fuck it, Its the 90's.

Type
    INTP
    It's not beyond the realm of possibility for me to go shopping with one specific item in mind and forget what it was by the time I have arrived. I'll be standing in the aisle thinking "I need something specific, now what was that?" and trying to relive my pre trip steps trying to recall what triggered the mission in the first place.

I should also note I have never in my entire life made a written grocery list, and probably never will.

Type
    INTP
    Yes, I do this all the time. It's made worse by the fact that I buy most of my groceries on the high street rather than the supermarket and there are specific shops to get the best price on specific things... If I can remember what things I set out to get.

It doesn't help that the local Tesco never consistently has the same things. So I'll go to buy something that I consider to be a basic staple like canned tomatoes or tomato paste and they will only have it in maybe thirty percent of the time.