Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Moral Alignment Test

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Hey, what about those of us who scored chaotic or neutral good?

Also, I don't see the problem with neutrality.
    Neutral Good is ok with Lawful Good, but Chaotic Good is more than one step away so you can expect problems.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    i wanna be on the chaotic good team, assuming i can get on with what you're about, and if you can sorta leave me alone and trust that i'm on your side. and you can go ahead and kill me if i fuck up or if i'm a liability but i'll try to argue my way first if i have any hope of saving myself. i just don't wanna be a waste of space. and i'll only be a spy for chaotic good cuz i freakin love you guys and will try to understand you until/unless i feel i'm definitely being fucked over and everything gets all complicated. :/
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    ^^^I'd say Chaotic Good represents my ideals, but Chaotic Neutral more closely resembles what I manage to be.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan26 View Post
    Lawful Good, Beechez!

In case of natural disaster, I'll know to sleep with one eye open w/any of you around.
    Spoiler: You do that

Quote Originally Posted by tele View Post
    i wanna be on the chaotic good team, assuming i can get on with what you're about, and if you can sorta leave me alone and trust that i'm on your side. and you can go ahead and kill me if i fuck up or if i'm a liability but i'll try to argue my way first if i have any hope of saving myself. i just don't wanna be a waste of space. and i'll only be a spy for chaotic good cuz i freakin love you guys and will try to understand you until/unless i feel i'm definitely being fucked over and everything gets all complicated. :/
    You seem chaotic good to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Banned
    Type
    INTP

I think this is pretty good, except I think Stannis should be Lawful Neutral. Varys is too much of a wild card for me still to know what he is; I don't think he fits as a legalist Lawful Neutral type, though. Anyone object to Bobby B as chaotic neutral?

Finally, Littlefinger is not Lawful Evil. I'd put him as Neutral Evil.

true neutral.

Spoiler:

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I think this is pretty good, except I think Stannis should be Lawful Neutral. Varys is too much of a wild card for me still to know what he is; I don't think he fits as a legalist Lawful Neutral type, though. Anyone object to Bobby B as chaotic neutral?

Finally, Littlefinger is not Lawful Evil. I'd put him as Neutral Evil.
    I disagree. I think Stannis is prototypical Lawful Good. Rigid and steadfast in adherence to the law, and merciless in applying justice as the law demands it. Nevermind that he's technically the law in that he should have the power over all manner of decree and interpretation, but he doesn't use this to take it on himself to make a kinder set of rules.

Varys is a wildcard, and I agree, I don't think there's enough info to place him--save by deduction. Definitely not Lawful Good or Lawful Evil. Seems Lawful--and I bet that's where they stopped. I'm ok with saying "Seems Lawful" doesn't mean "Is Lawful". So I'm ok with saying hes not lawful at all. Ironically, that's about as far as I can go though.

Bobby B is a terrible chaotic neutral. I'd call him Lawful Neutral. He adheres to the law, wants it upheld. Believes in the law to the point of Law, so that he was willing to fight his king. But morally... yeah, he's a stone cold childkiller and total slut. Not exactly evil considering who was married to, so Lawful Neutral.

Finrally, Littlefinger is a bang on Lawful Evil. He's a master manipulator of law and court intrigue. But more to the point, he's pimp who ascended to real power. He's utterly unabashed about the source of his immense wealth. He's unbothered by the thought of how others think of him because they are fucking irrelevant. He already owns them. They hate him because that's what he wanted them to do. That, sir, is what Lawful Evil is all about.

That said, I can see a case for Roose. Or his Bastard.

Now, I've left a hole in the board when I moved Bobby. Who would fit Chaotic Neutral? How about Mance? He's a former Crow, turned barbarian king. I'd go on but, spoiler alert.

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    I disagree. I think Stannis is prototypical Lawful Good. Rigid and steadfast in adherence to the law, and merciless in applying justice as the law demands it. Nevermind that he's technically the law in that he should have the power over all manner of decree and interpretation, but he doesn't use this to take it on himself to make a kinder set of rules.

Varys is a wildcard, and I agree, I don't think there's enough info to place him--save by deduction. Definitely not Lawful Good or Lawful Evil. Seems Lawful--and I bet that's where they stopped. I'm ok with saying "Seems Lawful" doesn't mean "Is Lawful". So I'm ok with saying hes not lawful at all. Ironically, that's about as far as I can go though.

Bobby B is a terrible chaotic neutral. I'd call him Lawful Neutral. He adheres to the law, wants it upheld. Believes in the law to the point of Law, so that he was willing to fight his king. But morally... yeah, he's a stone cold childkiller and total slut. Not exactly evil considering who was married to, so Lawful Neutral.
    He led a rebellion because someone allegedly kidnapped his betrothed, whom he probably didn't even care about that much. How is that lawful?

Finrally, Littlefinger is a bang on Lawful Evil. He's a master manipulator of law and court intrigue. But more to the point, he's pimp who ascended to real power. He's utterly unabashed about the source of his immense wealth. He's unbothered by the thought of how others think of him because they are fucking irrelevant. He already owns them. They hate him because that's what he wanted them to do. That, sir, is what Lawful Evil is all about.
    But, he helps the Lannisters and just as quickly turns on them when it suits his own ends (not that the Lannisters know that). It doesn't seem lawful, unless Lawful just refers to adhering to a system. Would you say that a better definition of lawful is adherence to a system, which may not be the law of the land?

That said, I can see a case for Roose. Or his Bastard.
    Ramsay is pure Chaotic Evil. Roose might be Neutral Evil; he's cruel, but he's careful about his cruelty to make sure it doesn't backfire on him. He thinks his bastard is a moron.

Now, I've left a hole in the board when I moved Bobby. Who would fit Chaotic Neutral? How about Mance? He's a former Crow, turned barbarian king. I'd go on but, spoiler alert.

Better?

One of my favorite characters.
    Last edited by msg_v2; 03-19-2015 at 03:59 AM.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    He led a rebellion because someone allegedly kidnapped his betrothed, whom he probably didn't even care about that much. How is that lawful?

But, he helps the Lannisters and just as quickly turns on them when it suits his own ends (not that the Lannisters know that). It doesn't seem lawful, unless Lawful just refers to adhering to a system. Would you say that a better definition of lawful is adherence to a system, which may not be the law of the land?

Ramsay is pure Chaotic Evil. Roose might be Neutral Evil; he's cruel, but he's careful about his cruelty to make sure it doesn't backfire on him. He thinks his bastard is a moron.

Better?

One of my favorite characters.
    Regarding Lawful, Lawful does stress adhering to a system--generally the system is that of codified Law--or at least, Lawful types are the sort inclined to codify conduct and enforce said code on whomever they find it applicable--as they find applicable.

In a way, responding to a threat on a filial obligation, especially when they don't care about them that much, is a Lawful reaction. It would be chaotic to just ignore it and move on.

Littlefinger's machinations are well within the realm of Lawful Evil. He's working the system to his advantage. Lawful Evil types will do any sort of betrayal if it advances their cause and they can stay on squeaky safe side of prosecution. It doesn't mean they don't take risks or wont make enemies, it's just that they cherry pick the laws that favor them, and avoid ever being caught with their fingers in the cookie jar.

I agree, Ramsay is a better fit for Chaotic Evil--I was mostly thinking of his methodical nature, but his rules are too capricious. I realize that seems parallel if not the same as talking about cherry picking rules, but it's different. Lawful would be pretty consistent. Their rules would likely actually be codified in some manner. Ramsay just makes it up as he goes.

I'm not convinced Roose is Neutral Evil, because he plays the game too well. I think you almost have to be Lawful to successfully play the game--because that's kind of what the game is. The Law.

Sandor Clegane is also a good choice for Chaotic Neutral. I think they both fit.

Type
    IXTP
    I usually get true neutral or chaotic neutral on these tests. I guess this time I'm chaotic neutral.

Chaotic Neutral

Chaotic Neutral- A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn't strive to protect others' freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions. A chaotic neutral character does not intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be motivated either by good (and a desire to liberate others) or evil (and a desire to make those different from himself suffer). A chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it. Chaotic neutral is the best alignment you can be because it represents true freedom from both society's restrictions and a do-gooder's zeal. However, chaotic neutral can be a dangerous alignment when it seeks to eliminate all authority, harmony, and order in society.

Detailed Results:

Alignment:
    Lawful Good ----- XXX (3)
    Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
    Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
    Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
    True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (20)
    Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (21)
    Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXX (9)
    Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (17)
    Chaotic Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (18)

Law & Chaos:
    Law ----- X (1)
    Neutral - XXXXXXXXX (9)
    Chaos --- XXXXXXXXXX (10)

Good & Evil:
    Good ---- XX (2)
    Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
    Evil ---- XXXXXXXX (8)