Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia 3 Day 1

Type
    INFP

Mafia 3 Day 1

• Only bolded votes count.
    • You can change your vote at any time before the day phase ends.
    • Sunset will fall exactly 48 hours after the time of this post.
    • any of the roles from this list may be in play.

Spoiler: Rules
    summary

There are 2 teams: mafia and townies. Mafiosos want to kill townies; townies want to kill mafiosos. You'll be told whether you're a townie or mafia in a pm at the start of the game. If you're a townie, you won't know which of the other players are townies and which ones are mafia. If you're mafia, you'll be told (via pm) who the other mafiosos and townies are.

The game is divided into "days" (48 hours each) and "nights" (12 hours each).

Every day, one player can die. During this time, every player - mafia and townie - has the option of discussing suspects/brewing paranoia in the game thread and then bolding the name of his/her prime target, the person they most want to kill. At the end of the day, the person whose name has been bolded by the most players dies (they drift away to the graveyard thread and can't comment on the game anymore). Then, I will publicly reveal the real identity of that person. If they turn out to be a mafioso, yay for the townies. If you're a townie, you'll be shooting in the dark for the first couple of rounds, because there won't be many clues about who the mafiosos are, but slip-ups and insights will accumulate in the thread over time.

Every night, the townies have to go completely silent and cover their eyes, and the mafia gets to kill a townie. They discuss and vote in pm's (and then send the mod the name of the agreed-upon townie). This has to happen by the end of the night. In the next day phase, I will reveal the name of the murdered townie, and discussion in the game thread can resume, with this new evidence in hand.

There are also special roles, which complicate the game. If you have a special role, you'll be told so in the first pm.

The game ends when the townies manage to kill all the mafia, or when the mafia outnumbers the townies.

“Oh, MAN that is such a good idea. But how are we going to get a herd of alpacas into the Gryffindor common room?” asked Ferrus.

“Exactly how many are in a herd, anyway? Like, six?” asked Light Leak.

“I think a standard herd is eleven alpacas.” said LowIQLogan.

“Is that the same if it’s a metric herd?” asked Lud.

“Shut up, Lud.” said Utisz.

“Fucking Americans.” said Madrigal and shook her head.

“Okay, so here’s the plan — I can borrow a portable hole from my uncle and we can put the alpacas into it. I’ll roll up the hole, you guys provide a distraction, I’ll sneak in, dump out the alpacas and once I’m out I’ll book it, you guys wait a little while then follow me.” said Logan.

“Easy peasey, mate.” said GnarlFox.

“Yeah, that sounds amazing.” said Noir.

“Do alpacas poop a lot?” asked LowIQLogan.

“I’m not sure. But I do think they’ll eat just about anything” said Madrigal.

“Like freshmen?” asked mhc.

“Nah, pretty sure they’re herbivores. But they’ll definitely eat the curtains, maybe some of the furniture. Maybe some of the paintings. Hopefully only the annoying ones.” said Madrigal.

“Amrose Swott. I hope they eat that old weirdo.” said P-O.

“Yeah, he creeps me out. He’s like sixty percent made of ginger beard.” said Ferrus.

“Okay, I’ll go to my uncle’s tonight and get the portable hole.” said LowIQLogan.

“Alright, I’ll buy eleven alpacas and meet you at Diagon Alley tomorrow morning.” said Animals.

“Right on. We’ll come up with a good distraction.” said Lethe.

The next day, everything went swimmingly until LowIQLogan was emptying the portable hole in the middle of the Gryffindor common room. Eight traumatized alpacas came pouring out (as planned) but then as he shook the hole up and down to get out the last few, out fell a severed arm.

“What the — “ muttered LowIQLogan.

The remaining three alpacas fell out on the floor immediately afterwards along with the rest of Polemarch. He limply flopped out on the carpet, naked except for a banana hammock and a brightly colored butterfly tramp stamp. And dead. Polemarch was very, very dead.

“OH FUCK.” thought LowIQLogan, crinkling his nose as the smell hit him. He picked up the arm and dropped it back in the portable hole. He tried to pick up Polemarch, but found him to be both smelly, ungainly, and difficult to stuff back in the hole.

“GODDAMMIT.” he cursed under his breath. He could hear some Gryffindors in the adjoining rooms, currently occupied but bound at any second to notice the sound of eleven irritable alpacas stirring around in their common room trying to decide which piece of furniture to eat first.

LowIQLogan considered his chances. Hey, *HE* hadn’t killed Polemarch. He was innocent here. Fuck it. Like previously planned, he just rolled up the hole, stuffed it in his back pocket and slipped out of the common room as nonchalantly as possible.

“Hey, uncle MacGuffin. I sorta borrowed your portable hole last night. And umm. Well, you might want to message me back when you get this. There’s a thing I need to ask you about. Thanks.” LowIQLogan finished recording the note, strapped it to his owl E. Honda and sent him on his way.

He was pacing the room anxiously when the others piled into the Ravenclaw dorm.

“Hey, the distraction worked like a charm. How did it go on your end?” asked Lethe.

LowIQLogan’s face said everything.

“Oh fucking hell. What happened?” asked Utisz.

-Osito Polar®

Mens bona regnum possidet ferrus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    BTW I am House Slytherin. Fo' real.
    Die Logik ist keine Lehre, sondern ein Spiegelbild der Welt. Die Logik ist transcendental. - Wittgenstein

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrus View Post
    BTW I am House Slytherin. Fo' real.
    Is this just because you have the hots for Alan Rickman?
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Osito Polar View Post
    Is this just because you have the hots for Alan Rickman?
    No, although I do foresee myself as a Snape like tragic figure bad guy who was really good in this drama.
    Die Logik ist keine Lehre, sondern ein Spiegelbild der Welt. Die Logik ist transcendental. - Wittgenstein

Type
    INTP
    How did we end up in the Ravenclaw dorm at the end of this? I'm confused. Where am I?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Leak View Post
    How did we end up in the Ravenclaw dorm at the end of this? I'm confused. Where am I?
    Floo powder, I think.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrus View Post
    Floo powder, I think.
    Right... of course. How stupid of me.

Type
    InTP
    Im was dissappointed that all these 'msg is banned decorations!' I made are going to go to waste but as the main character in the fluff story I must move past this.

Can we get an official list of players in this thread and also can everyone please state whether they are townie or mafia

I am a townie.
    "A new immortal appeared in front of you. Would you like preparations of inception?"

Type
    INFP
    Also!

• Do not quote, screenshot, or echo my PMs in any way, shape, or form.

Player list:
    Madrigal
    lethe
    Light Leak
    ferrus
    P-O
    Utisz
    LowIQLogan
    Osito Polar
    Lud
    mhc
    GnarlFox