Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Town Parade

Type
    INTP

The Town Parade

You have just arrived at a new town, and you've heard stories. In fact, that's why you're here. Today is the day of the annual parade, and you're going to check it out.

1) You walk out of your hotel and head for the main road. After several blocks, you realize you forgot something back at the hotel. What was it?

2) You continue on your way, and hear music in the distance, growing louder. It gives you an overwhelming feeling - which feeling?

3) You finally arrive at the main road and see a mass of people. Everyone is dancing, and it isn't long before a masked woman seductively invites you to dance with her. What do you do?

4) People keep pouring into the street and you're soon swept up in the mass of people. As you stumble along, someone standing very still on the side of the road catches your eye. Why?

5) Someone from behind suddenly pushes you so hard that you lose your glasses. You begin to look for them, what did they look like?

6) As you're crouched on the ground, searching, you feel a hand on your shoulder. Instinctively, you ________________ . Who is that person?

7) Suddenly, the music screeches to a halt. What happened?

Thanks for joining the town parade. Interpretations will roll in as soon as enough people have participated, and hopefully before night falls. You can disagree with the interpretations and call them dumb - but I'm going to err on the side of caution and explain my reasoning. It's highly unlikely you'll answer these wrong if you're townie.

@lethe
    @Light Leak
    @ferrus
    @P-O
    @Utisz
    @LowIQLogan
    @Osito Polar
    @Lud
    @mhc
    @GnarlFox
    @prometheus
    @Animals
    @Noir
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Mens bona regnum possidet ferrus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    1. Orders to deport the population of this town
    2. That this town is doomed due to their inability to accept scientific and rationalistic method of sociological crime fighting (c.f. counter-organised crime theory)
    3. Feel depressed that they folly will see them all massacred by thugs
    4. It is lethe, spreading reactionary propoganda
    5. Like google glass. But cooler.
    6. Reflect that this is the first physical contact with another human for some years
    7. The mafia just shot someone who wasn't able to pay the protection racket money
    Die Logik ist keine Lehre, sondern ein Spiegelbild der Welt. Die Logik ist transcendental. - Wittgenstein

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrus View Post
    1. Orders to deport the population of this town
    2. That this town is doomed due to their inability to accept scientific and rationalistic method of sociological crime fighting (c.f. counter-organised crime theory)
    3. Feel depressed that they folly will see them all massacred by thugs
    4. It is lethe, spreading reactionary propoganda
    5. Like google glass. But cooler.
    6. Reflect that this is the first physical contact with another human for some years
    7. The mafia just shot someone who wasn't able to pay the protection racket money
    I laughed through that whole thing.

You forgot one of these two:

3) You finally arrive at the main road and see a mass of people. Everyone is dancing, and it isn't long before a masked woman seductively invites you to dance with her. What do you do?

4) People keep pouring into the street and you're soon swept up in the mass of people. As you stumble along, someone standing very still on the side of the road catches your eye. Why?
    I don't know if lethe is the one asking you to dance or the one standing by the road.

Type
    INTP
    Oh sorry yes, 3. It is Oso in drag, being a nuisance as usual to distract the masses whilst 4. lethe spreads propoganda
    Die Logik ist keine Lehre, sondern ein Spiegelbild der Welt. Die Logik ist transcendental. - Wittgenstein

Type
    INtP
    1) You walk out of your hotel and head for the main road. After several blocks, you realize you forgot something back at the hotel. What was it?
    The extra money I meant to bring just in case a game of bingo occurred is still lying on my table. I hope that there is a Wells Fargo ATM outside of the Wizardry district.

2) You continue on your way, and hear music in the distance, growing louder. It gives you an overwhelming feeling - which feeling?
    Happiness. It's nice to know that free music can still be had even if it is a bit too jovial.

I ask her whether she is wearing one mask or two. I turn my head slightly waiting for an answer. She takes a step forward then crosses my path. I look at her, and walk past.

Because he is looking for someone and the gaze is as intense as it is detached from his surroundings.

5) Someone from behind suddenly pushes you so hard that you lose your glasses. You begin to look for them, what did they look like?
    A slimy little runt who either had too much alcohol, was in the profession of robbery or both.

6) As you're crouched on the ground, searching, you feel a hand on your shoulder. Instinctively, you ________________ . Who is that person?
    Turn, removing the hand from my shoulder in time. It's my old uncle Fred who I haven't scene for a good part of a year. He is friendly as usual, but I wonder why he is here and why I haven't heard from him in so long.

It looks as if the one who was perched at the side of the road has stolen the microphone. Everyone stares. His eyes seem peculiar in a familiar way but I don't know why.
    The idea is quite.

Type
    INTP
    My ID. I hope I don't get carded when I buy a drink.

Anxious... I hope I can get a drink to calm my nerves.

Decline. I have to be drunk to consider dancing.

It's a guy dressed in all gray and wearing facepaint. He changes positions and stands very still in another pose. He must be part of the parade... like a human statue or something.

My favorite sunglasses. They have green rims.

Jerk away and turn to look at the person. It's an acquaintance of mine. She told me about this parade.. she's wondering why I'm on the ground.

Two of the musicians seem to have gotten in an argument. A crowd is gathering to watch. I think I'm just going to go home. This parade turned out to be a disaster.

Type
    INFP
    I'm bored and I want to write one but at the same time I'm too tired. Maybe later. I'm not mafia anyway.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    I'm bored and I want to write one but at the same time I'm too tired. Maybe later. I'm not mafia anyway.
    No, you're worse, you're God. The cosmic mafioso.

Type
    INxP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    You have just arrived at a new town, and you've heard stories. In fact, that's why you're here. Today is the day of the annual parade, and you're going to check it out.

A cigarette lighter. Fuck.

Like I'm walking through a depressing train terminal.

Ask her for a light.

They look like they might have a light.

Some girl ... she has a light.

The train finally arrived.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Utisz View Post
    The train finally arrived.
    Spoiler: I'm not posting the interpretations yet, but

And those of you who are reading the thread and not posting, the sooner you post the sooner I can post the interpretations with the explanations. I will apply the same reasoning to everyone's answers.