Thread: In-game photography?

Formerly PiccoloNamek Lunar Delta's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

In-game photography?

Does anyone else do this? I am a photographer, and a fairly decent one if I do say so myself. But my desire to capture "the shot" doesn't end with the real world. Even in video games, my photographer's eye is always active, always looking for the next great picture. When I am in a video game, my sense of visualization functions no differently than it would if I were standing outside with a real camera in my hands. In some ways, taking a picture in a video game is easier than taking a picture in real life, especially if the game is a PC game with a console, and especially if the game is one that is easy to apply visual modifications to. For example, in Skyrim one can change the camera's field of view at will, with no lens distortion at all! Various mods can apply post-processing to the final image before you even load it up into Photoshop.

I've been playing a bunch of Skyrim lately, with extremely heavy modifications to both the lighting system and the game's textures, which has made for some incredible photographic opportunities. Does anyone else have any awesome screenshots they'd like to share? Certainly I cannot be the only person who does this.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...61515818_o.jpg

Type
    IXTP

Gran Turismo has a really nice photomode in the game. It alows you to position any car however you like in a scene and it gives you full manual control of the virtual camera. You can adjust things like aperture, shutter speed and even iso.

Formerly PiccoloNamek Lunar Delta's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Now that's what I'm talking about. Sounds ultra bad-ass.