Thread: mhc forum novel - A work in progress

Type
    iNtP

mhc forum novel - A work in progress

I Feel like writing. Feel free to read, comment - or not. Once read however, the ability to unread may be difficult.
    Just look at the blue sky

Type
    iNtP

I couldn’t recall the exact moment I fell asleep, though I do recall thinking about the way the soft pillow pushed against my face as I laid my head down upon it. It was at that moment I realised that I couldn’t recollect withdrawing myself out from such a comforting position, or for that matter, how I had come to be sitting out in the foyer.

The more I became aware of the fact I had entered this situation without remembering how - much like those times during car trips where by entire stretches or parts of a journey had happened without in fact being consciously aware of those parts at the time - the more detail I become consciously aware of. And much like a river bursting its banks, the detail’s or properties of reality brought to my conscious and thus my focus aroused the butterflies in my stomach, and as I swirled the ice in my drink, I pondered for a second how I came to know that I was holding it, and after gazing at It, I realised that at that moment of gaze, the segment of time before now, nothing else existed apart from it. that is, all the detail that had overwhelmingly started to flood my consciousness dissipated momentarily into a single awareness - that of my desire to feel that sweet burn of watered down alcohol on my lips and in my throat, a feeling I had often used to find a sense of calming reassurance in my moments of uncertainty, not unlike the way I would reach for my stuffed bear in the middle of the night as a child.

Last edited by mhc; 04-04-2015 at 02:19 PM.

Type
    iNtP
    As the alcohol warmed me from the inside out, the all too familiar burn helped to provide an anchoring point of reassurance, reassurance found in not just the familiar, but the planned and expected focus shifting sensation and cause and effect experience, creating a perhaps somewhat false sense of control - my control over not just the situation, but control of my ability to direct my own focus and therefore consciousness. I guess with the sense of relief that i had found, I was able to ask myself how I had gone from retiring for the night, to where I now was, in the foyer of the hotel In which I was staying. Like a movie playing in my mind, I scanned back through the events which I could recall before now. The comforting burn, the ice, the drink, the foyer and the pillow. Vividly, in my mind I enjoyed the feeling again of burying my face in the pillow. Not only was this pillow the stand out detail of the king size bed, it was the first pillow I had enjoyed made from that stuff which moulds and gently caresses you as you slowly sink into it - memory foam. As I remembered the way the cotton pillow cover resisted my memory foam caressed eye lids as I had started to close my eyes in an attempt to fall asleep, my focus shifted back to the uncertainty of not being able to recall how I had made my way to the foyer, or more concerning, why. Just as I took another sip from my glass, with the liquid reassurance flowing past my lips and over my tongue, and at that exact moment when it turned into the warm sensation within me, I heard the most comforting voice that I had ever experienced. It was a woman’s voice, and it took me a moment to understand the sounds of her comfort, and in that moment I felt compelled to entrust to her and that voice that sense of control and reassurance that I had placed in being able to shift my focus to the self propagated experience of alcohol.

Last edited by mhc; 04-04-2015 at 02:31 PM.

Type
    iNtP
    The deep sense of undeniable trust and comfort I found in her voice made understanding her difficult, and the way the warmth of her breath lingered on the side of my face intensified as she continued to speak.

Her words were now an experience hard for me to resist - the particulars of which I found unimportant in the state of comforting reliance she had me in - which I had allowed. Suddenly I panicked, what was going on, what was she talking about. Thoughts like these raced through my mind. She placed her hand on my face - it was warm, then amidst the confusion I heard her

‘You have to go, you can not stay here’

I didn’t want to leave, how could I leave an experience such as this, so profound. I had never experienced anything like it before this moment. I went to speak, to talk to her, and as I felt my lips start to move, I noticed the resistance from the cotton lined pillow that supported my face.

Last edited by mhc; 04-05-2015 at 08:16 AM.

Type
    iNtP

I tried harder to gather my thoughts and express them as words through my mouth, yet the more my mouth tried to express them, the more I noticed that what I thought was cotton on my lips was not cotton. Still half asleep, I stopped trying to talk and instead tried to recognise what it was that had my mouth reduced to motions rather than vocal expressions. The pillow was warm and wet, and for a moment I thought that I must have been drooling in my sleep. Then I heard it. The sound of that voice which had comforted me earlier - with one distinct difference - the barely legible dialogue of the sounds of her voice where instead replaced with euphoric echoes of lustful desires. The warmth of her hand on my face had been replaced by the squeezing of her thighs on either sides, as her arched body hugged its legs around my face with an un-wielding, relentless desire fuelled union of me and her. Momentarily, I tried to resist the thoughts which were now starting to flow into my mind - those of how this could be.
    After conjuring the will power, I stood, ending the union of lust. I looked up as I stood and I startled as I found her in front of me with a gaze fixed upon me. She looked somewhat different than before, yet familiar - and her red hair even more striking, and even though her lips did not move, the sound of her voice filled my mind.

‘Do not be afraid, neither here nor while your in that other place, for nothing there can take away from that which you are’

Type
    iNtP
    Before I could even think, the vibrating noise of my phone’s alarm plucked my attention, and near instantly I awoke, finding myself in my bed and in the last place that I could actually recall physically and consciously being. I sat up and rubbed my eyes before I clutched for the screen of my phone to stop the alarm. I looked to the window and could see that the sun was just stating to come up, its rays slowly starting to shine through and fill my room.

Type
    iNtP

The reflection of the glistening morning sunlight made reading my phone’s screen difficult and coupled with my morning eyes and shaken perception of reality, ascertaining the time was difficult. Non the less I knew it must have been around quarter to six, as long as my alarm had not been blearing at me for too long before finally rousing me to.

Quickly putting my hand to my lips, I could not feel any of her passions lingering, nor could I taste them in my mouth. I knew that I had been in a dream, but not only was it incredibly vivid, I was fully conscious, the only doubt within me was of that how I managed to experience that which I did. Was it something I had done, or was it the doings of the red haired woman or something else entirely. My mind raced on the thought of her being someone real and not just a conjuring of my dreamed mind.

Type
    iNtP
    Still in a dreamy daze and mustering most of my will power, I dragged myself out of bed and staggered my way to the bathroom,

hoping that a hot shower might help clear my senses.