Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia 3 Day 3

Type
    INFP

Mafia 3 Day 3

• Only bold votes count.
    • You can change your vote at any time before the day phase ends.
    • Sun will set around 36 hours after the time of this post.
    • Any of the special roles/described content/etc from this list may be in play.
    • Don't echo my pm's.
    • Have fun

Player list:
    Madrigal
    lethe
    Light Leak
    ferrus
    P-O, town cop
    Utisz
    LowIQLogan
    Osito Polar
    Lud
    mhc, vanilla townie
    GnarlFox
    prometheus, vanilla townie
    Animals
    Noir

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Oh crap. Mafia just got pretty frickin lucky or P-O tipped his hand somehow and I totally missed his tell.

Anyone have any theories or anything?
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

Type
    Xxxx
    P-O was set on noir but doubted he could vote him out at this point.
    Then claimed he was suspicious of ferrus. And at last was going to build a case against light leak. Him being a town cop, how seriously do you think we should take his accusations? And which ones? A town cop by this point can usually investigate how many players?

Type
    INxP
    Shheiiit. Now we're fucked. :/

Hmm okay, so P-O mentioned the following just before he died:

Quote Originally Posted by P-O View Post
    Prime suspect: Light Leak
    Quote Originally Posted by P-O View Post
    Will build a case tomorrow
    This was after the day ended and came quite suddenly. The only new information he did/might have had at that point:

1) Light Leak was waiting around until the end of the vote again.
    2) He got his cop result back. (Strictly speaking he shouldn't have shared if that were the case.)

Now as Osito says, either the mafia got lucky, or more likely, they got a read on him. The accusation of Light Leak looks like a big read. Likewise it doesn't look like a double-bluff in that P-O was the cop.

So Light Leak.

Type
    Xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Utisz View Post
    Shheiiit. Now we're fucked. :/

Hmm okay, so P-O mentioned the following just before he died:

This was after the day ended and came quite suddenly. The only new information he did/might have had at that point:

1) Light Leak was waiting around until the end of the vote again.
    2) He got his cop result back. (Strictly speaking he shouldn't have shared if that were the case.)

Now as Osito says, either the mafia got lucky, or more likely, they got a read on him. The accusation of Light Leak looks like a big read. Likewise it doesn't look like a double-bluff in that P-O was the cop.

So Light Leak.
    My only problem is that suspected too many players for a town cop, i'd expect a cop to minimize his accusations until he gets a result. That way even if he was killed off, we could be certain in our votes. (Unless he could have investigated more players, still waiting for someone to confirm that possibility)

Now the timing and suddenness for accusing light leak is quite suspect.

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    "Will build a case tomorrow" seems like he was trying to hint about his role (cops build cases). It almost sounds like he was saying that he'd investigate her next, but it makes no sense for the cop to announce who he'd investigate. Then again, maybe it was just random wording. Are we allowed to ask dead players question?? This is hogwarts after all, we can talk to ghosts, figure out who he has investigated and what the result was.

Type
    INxP
    Quote Originally Posted by Animals View Post
    My only problem is that suspected too many players for a town cop, i'd expect a cop to minimize his accusations until he gets a result. That way even if he was killed off, we could be certain in our votes. (Unless he could have investigated more players, still waiting for someone to confirm that possibility)

Now the timing and suddenness for accusing light leak is quite suspect.
    Yep, also the mafia would have to know that Light Leak would look really suspect if she were mafia and they killed P-O and he was the cop.

But she would look suspect anyways assuming P-O would fight for her and then get lynched in the next day. So they had no other good alternative than to kill the cop now.

As for why P-O came out so suddenly, it might just have been a rush of blood to the head. He might have been worried about not making it through the night and he might have been excited to share the news. Likewise the way he just made the accusation and then in a second post said he'd justify it later really fits with acting quickly on a sudden cop read.

If that's what he did, it was probably against the rules (Dot, I'd suggest do all the night results together) and probably not a good idea in that he painted a huge target on himself. On the other hand, he's a pretty smart player ... once he targeted Light Leak Day 3, he knew he would be painting the same target on himself and so he probably figured it was worth the risk to name her already in case he was killed randomly in the night.

Type
    INxP
    Quote Originally Posted by Lud View Post
    Are we allowed to ask dead players question?? This is hogwarts after all, we can talk to ghosts, figure out who he has investigated and what the result was.
    Nah, no communication from dead players.

Type
    INxP
    Also there's this:

Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    Dot looks annoyed about something she can't talk about ... maybe someone made a night play against the rules in the second round after she had banned night-talk in the first round.

Anyways ... even if P-O did break the rules, it wasn't really a huge margin on either side. If he kept quiet, the mafia were unlikely to get P-O this round, he would have accused Light Leak and then he would have been killed and she would have been killed.

Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Utisz View Post
    (Dot, I'd suggest do all the night results together)
    Night actions in this game occur in the same order/hierarchy as they always have; I wait(ed) for all night actions from players before taking any mod actions.

Dot looks annoyed about something she can't talk about ... maybe someone made a night play against the rules in the second round after she had banned night-talk in the first round.
    I'm not annoyed about anything I can't talk about.