Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Did your parents want you?

Type
    INTP
    I was an accident. Everything around my conception is Lifetime movie material or Jerry Springer shit.

Type
    ENTP
    I am told I was wanted. I'm not sure I buy it. My older sister is 10 years older than I am. I understand there was a miscarriage a few years after her. Then a 6.5 year gap before me. Hmm.

On the other hand, I'm not sure it makes a difference. I was at a leadership camp my senior year of high school, and there was a public speaker who told an oft-repeated story, about the way you were once a sperm, racing against countless others, for a one-in-a-million shot at winning the race to exist. And you did it. You beat all the others. Your very life is a tribute to the unlikely miracle of winning that lottery.

Who cares why.
    We didn't land on Plymouth Rock. Plymouth Rock landed on us.

wetback Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    infj
    I've never been given a straight answer but the story with the best backing leads to me being accidental. Turns out contraceptive sponges don't work too well.

ain't no sponge stoppin' this splooge.

Type
    InTP
    I was wanted but I guess I ruined my moms vagina on the way out because she had a few miscarriages after me and after 14 years ended up adopting my sister.

I was aware that my mom was preoccupied with having more kids and was sad that she couldn't but I never really internalized it like I wasnt good enough for them or anything like that.
    "A new immortal appeared in front of you. Would you like preparations of inception?"

aka HappyNoodleBoy

Type
    INTP
    I don't fucking know.

They claim they did. But I was an accident due to condom friction and ignorance.

Perhaps the best way to answer is this: they were expecting a boy, I was not. I am more of a man than most men I know. Yes it affected my self-esteem but they did a better job with that than anything else, even the world. I might have been eventually "wanted", but I was more used, and more "loved" for what I provided in terms of a scapegoat for their fucked up baggage.

You asked ^-^.

Wait - did you get downs or not? This post is ambiguous.
    No spoiler zone! I will take this secret to my grave.

Type
    INTP
    I was one pump past ending up as a stain in a set of cheap hotel linen.

Type
    INFP
    Planned by one of them via a pin hole in a condom, only to be resented from there on out for preventing them from living the life they wanted and being nothing like they had hoped.

Much earlier than expected by the other parent and ultimately wanted.
    Oh fuck it, Its the 90's.

Type
    INTP
    My mom was 16 when she was pregnant with me. My father 21/22. She was forced to go on drug runs with my dad, who was a friend of her step-father, which is how they met

When she found out she was pregnant, she was kidnapped from her group home and trafficked to another state, where her step-father coerced her to marry my father. They lied on her marriage certificate. Eventually, my parents moved to a trailer park in NC while she was pregnant. He said he was going out for milk and cigarettes and never came back, instead traveling back home to NH. She somehow returned to NH and she had to up get back together with him.

Then I was born.

I was wanted. My mother told me for the first time in her life, she cared if she lived or died. She also panicked a lot after I was born, worrying I was going to die because I couldn't survive outside of her. She had a hard life.

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    I gather I was the result of intentional procreation. Family members used to talk about how I came about as attempt number 2 or 3 at a successful pregnancy, so...

I can't say that knowledge of this has had any effect on my internal self-evaluations, as pertains to self-esteem or otherwise. Honestly, I never game much of a damn what my parents wanted of/for/from me.
    He stared with a knowing look and an eager smile.

Coyly she smiled. After a few moments, she broke the spell in the culmination of desire she said voice breathy and sensual, "Let's go make a Ptah..."
    Last edited by LordLatch; 04-09-2015 at 05:31 PM.
    Stand clear of the closing doors, please.