Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

Senior Member Tetris Champion notdavidlynch's Avatar
    Type
    INXP

Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

Okay. I admit it. I'm a sensor.

While I've always been interested in boxing, the announcement of a fight of this magnitude drives me into an obsessive frenzy. I've watched about a dozen full fights per day ever since the announcement. Getting myself ready. Preparing my angus.

As I see it, there are only 3 "all-time great" fighters active and still relevant today, and 2 of them will be in this fight, having never met before. The other is Klitschko, but he's too damn big. If only we could shrink him down to fight both of the others. It's a shame that there's no other great heavyweight.

Unlike most others, I think this fight was timed perfectly.. To make a lot of money. I also believe that Floyd is scared, but his trepidation is what makes him a great fighter. Probably a smart approach too, considering CTE and all.

I might post some vids that'll help you develop some love/hate for either of these guys.

Not picking a winner.

DOA Space Invaders Champion Neville's Avatar
    Type
    Taur
    I usually end up watching the fights with my dad and I know nothing about boxing but I absolutely hate the way Mayweather fights. It's boring. The idiots just beat on his shoulder until he gets the opportunity to bitch punch them to victory.
    “Then there you lie like the one warm spark in the heart of an arctic crystal.”

Senior Member Tetris Champion notdavidlynch's Avatar
    Type
    INXP
    Quote Originally Posted by ent View Post
    The idiots just beat on his shoulder until he gets the opportunity to bitch punch them to victory.
    Ah, yes, the shoulder roll.

Type
    INTP
    I don't know much about paquiao but mayweather is too slippery. If i was betting, I'd bet on him winning.
    Violence is never the right answer, unless used against heathens and monsters.

Type
    InTP
    I usually end up watching the fights with my dad and I know nothing about boxing but I absolutely hate the way Mayweather fights. It's boring. The idiots just beat on his shoulder until he gets the opportunity to bitch punch them to victory.
    Theres nothing boring about winning and when your opponent has had 40+ concussions and is for all intents and purposes a retard, well you already know it works.
    "A new immortal appeared in front of you. Would you like preparations of inception?"

aka HappyNoodleBoy

Type
    INTj
    Mayweather's brain has taken too much damage. My money is on Pacquiao.

DOA Space Invaders Champion Neville's Avatar
    Type
    Taur
    Quote Originally Posted by LowIQLogan View Post
    Theres nothing boring about winning and when your opponent has had 40+ concussions and is for all intents and purposes a retard, well you already know it works.
    Have you watched his fights? block block block block block bitch punch block block block block block bitch punch block block block block block bitch punch block block block block block bitch punch block block block block block bitch punch block block block block block bitch punch

They're boring to watch. Just because it's a winning strategy doesn't make it any less boring.
    “Then there you lie like the one warm spark in the heart of an arctic crystal.”

Type
    InTP
    Have you watched his fights? block block block block block bitch punch block block block block block bitch punch block block block block block bitch punch block block block block block bitch punch block block block block block bitch punch block block block block block bitch punch

They're boring to watch. Just because it's a winning strategy doesn't make it any less boring.
    I have never watched a boxing match in my life so ya the subtle differences in how interesting a match is based on how many times the punches hit a guy's face is lost on me. I do understand (along with most everyone) how someone being the best boxer is interesting though.
    "A new immortal appeared in front of you. Would you like preparations of inception?"

aka HappyNoodleBoy

Type
    ENTP
    Mayweather would never, ever, ever have agreed to this match if he or his team believed there was any chance he'd lose. That obviously doesn't mean he can't lose anyway - I'm just saying that even this quantity of money isn't enough to persuade him to jeopardize his perfect record.

The only way this assumption is incorrect is if the gamblers somehow fix this. Or in other words, if Pacquiao wins, I will assume the fix was in.
    We didn't land on Plymouth Rock. Plymouth Rock landed on us.

Type
    INTP
    I wanted to see this fight a decade ago. This really should be Pac-May III. I'll still watch but it'll be like one of those Super Bowls where I don't care who wins. I just got an invite from a Filipino couple to come watch the fight at their place. I'm sure it'll be a huge gathering. The food will be amazing but I'll be going for Mayweather. I just wish they didn't live 45 miles away. I'm hoping someone closer, with promise of equally good spread, comes through in calling me over. Even if I collect money from people, I can't see feeding their greed and paying $100 to host it myself.

MMA is too violent for me. I was more into boxing as a kid. I'd check in on bigger fights but I'll tell you the Chavez-Whitaker fight was really when boxing died for me. Good heavens, that was over 20 years ago?! I don't know if I'll watch another boxing match until the summer olympics and then 2020 may be the next time I watch again. Sad.