Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TV Personality MBTI test

Type
    INTP

Cool TV Personality MBTI test

What’s Your TV Personality Type? Take Our Myers-Briggs–Inspired Test

Are you highbrow or lowbrow? Episodic or serialized? Do you go for cult or mainstream? Comedy or drama? Not sure? We're here to help. Take our Myers-Briggs–inspired TV Personality Test, and through these 31 simple questions, we'll give you your TV personality type — complete with recommendations for shows that are tailored just for you.
    I got:

Drama
    Serialized
    Mainstream
    Highbrow

DSMH

You’re a passionate person with a DVR to match. You wouldn’t dare skip an episode of your favorite show, and you’ll often read TV recaps to make sure you haven’t missed a single detail. You stick to network and cable dramas — the kinds that start watercooler conversation.

Recommendations: Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Mad Men, The West Wing.

Persona Oblongata OrionzRevenge's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    Comedy
    Episodic
    Mainstream
    Highbrow

CEMH

You don’t have the time or patience to watch TV week-to-week, so you want to be able to turn on your favorite show at any time and have a good laugh. Lucky for you, the shows you adore are always, at any moment in time, either streaming or syndicated. Finding something you love to watch is an easy feat.

Recommendations: Curb Your Enthusiasm, Friends, Frasier, The Simpsons, Sports Night.
    Creativity is the residue of time wasted. ~ Albert Einstein

Type
    INFP
    Drama
    Episodic
    Cult
    Highbrow
    DEUH
    You like a good old-fashioned drama, but you don’t have the time or brain space to stay caught up on every single show. You want to be able to turn on the TV and get immediately sucked in. You go for the highbrow stuff — often intellectual and layered. And that’s okay! (That’s why we have the comments sections of TV recaps.) But you also seek out shows not often appreciated by wide audiences, so in this case, for finding new things to binge, streaming services are your BFF. Extreme melodrama is your forte — if they call it camp, it’s in your wheelhouse.

Recommendations: The X-Files, The Twilight Zone, Black Mirror.

chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    Drama
    Serialized
    Cult
    Highbrow

DSUH

You’re a passionate person with a DVR to match. You wouldn’t dare skip an episode of your favorite show, and you’ll often read TV recaps to make sure you haven’t missed a single detail. The TV you like isn’t often appreciated by a mainstream audience; that’s why it’s special and quite often off the beaten path of a typical network drama. You might not know what’s happening at the watercooler, but you’re the type of person whom people ask for TV recommendations. You know your shit! Streaming services are your BFF.

Recommendations: Twin Peaks, The Wire, Battlestar Galactica, Doctor Who, Veronica Mars, Orphan Black.
    i'd probably watch & enjoy tv if i searched out the shows myself, yeah.

Type
    INFP
    ^I enjoyed three of the shows listed in your results. I highly recommend Twin Peaks.

chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    ^I enjoyed three of the shows listed in your results. I highly recommend Twin Peaks.
    i've been meaning to check that out since i've had several people recommend that show to me (generally & personally).

Black Mirror is p good if you haven't checked it out already. i saw two episodes and was impressed

Comedy
    Episodic
    Cult
    Highbrow

CEUH

You don’t have the time or patience to watch TV week-to-week, so you want to be able to turn on your favorite show at any time and have a good laugh. Your type of comedy won’t be on network TV, but try recs from streaming or premium networks. These are the shows that (sadly!) don’t last very long, although people often adore them. Extreme melodrama is your forte — if they call it camp, it’s in your wheelhouse.

Type
    INTP
    Comedy
    Episodic
    Mainstream
    Highbrow
    CEMH

You don’t have the time or patience to watch TV week-to-week, so you want to be able to turn on your favorite show at any time and have a good laugh. Lucky for you, the shows you adore are always, at any moment in time, either streaming or syndicated. Finding something you love to watch is an easy feat.
    Meh.

I don't watch much television. Most of what I do wind up seeing sucks and/or just doesn't interest me. So it goes for all forms of fiction, really.

The last show I really liked, to the point I'd care (and be able) to discuss it/watch it again, was Firefly. Prior to that I can't even remember.

Anyhow, most of the references in those questions I didn't get. I just guessed.

And I certainly lean more serial than episodic.

Test sucks, basically.

Type
    INTP
    Comedy
    Serialized
    Mainstream
    Highbrow

Parks & Rec. Mindy Project, The Office and New Girl were my recs. None of those do I watch religiously. I'd say right now The Americans is my favorite show.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    The last show I really liked, to the point I'd care (and be able) to discuss it/watch it again, was Firefly. Prior to that I can't even remember.
    What did you think of Battlestar Galactica (the remake, obviously)?