Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: INFJ experience.

Type
    INTP

INFJ experience.

I know some of you know something, any advice appreciated.

How the hell do I get an INFJ to take care of themselves?

Do I have to give them a questionnaire so they talk about them?

I have a feeling they are never going to change...> >'.

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Aven View Post
    WTF, Aven.

What's your experience that leads you to think a significant number of INFJs need any help taking care of themselves.

The only ones that I know personally don't need any help with that. They'd be very likely to post on INFJx saying "INTPs are hopeless. How can we help them to learn how to take care of themselves?"

However, the INFJs that I know are both women who'd consider INTPs incapable because we don't keep things in organized drawers, don't make our beds neatly enough, don't keep a well-planned and balanced household monthly budget, etc.

The good news is that they can change, though. Earlier this month INFJ and I went on a vacation together and it was all "Let's just fly somewhere and figure out what we want to do when we get there."
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Osito Polar View Post
    WTF, Aven.

What's your experience that leads you to think a significant number of INFJs need any help taking care of themselves.

The only ones that I know personally don't need any help with that. They'd be very likely to post on INFJx saying "INTPs are hopeless. How can we help them to learn how to take care of themselves?"

However, the INFJs that I know are both women who'd consider INTPs incapable because we don't keep things in organized drawers, don't make our beds neatly enough, don't keep a well-planned and balanced household monthly budget, etc.

The good news is that they can change, though. Earlier this month INFJ and I went on a vacation together and it was all "Let's just fly somewhere and figure out what we want to do when we get there."
    Dude! I am surrounded by dude INFJs, it is NOT the same!
    They are not like that at all! I worry for their health a lot. For serious, I don't know how to get through to them.
    Maybe it has nothing to do with type.

I have one female INFJ pal. She checks up on me now and then. She's really nice.
    Anyway, not trying to be a typist, I swear :[.

wetback Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    INFJ

I don't know dude but I know what you mean.

Type
    INTP
    My best friend since I've been 12 years old is an INFJ. A very stereotypical and essentially the epitome of an INFJ and honestly it has never been easy to get her to take care of herself. Honestly, the only advice I can give if you really care about them is to be patient and when it does inevitably totally wear on them be there for them. In my personal experience an INFJ enjoys an INTP's company because we tend to not be such an emotionally overloading experience. At least, that is what has been openly told to me by said friend. And in the opposite side I enjoy being around her because letting out my emotional side never seems to be judged by her and she always seems to understand. Honestly, just be yourself, and let it happen.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithenai View Post
    My best friend since I've been 12 years old is an INFJ. A very stereotypical and essentially the epitome of an INFJ and honestly it has never been easy to get her to take care of herself. Honestly, the only advice I can give if you really care about them is to be patient and when it does inevitably totally wear on them be there for them. In my personal experience an INFJ enjoys an INTP's company because we tend to not be such an emotionally overloading experience. At least, that is what has been openly told to me by said friend. And in the opposite side I enjoy being around her because letting out my emotional side never seems to be judged by her and she always seems to understand. Honestly, just be yourself, and let it happen.
    Very useful advice, thanks :].

Type
    INTP
    Always happy to help and share personal experience. Finding MBTI was something that was rather great for me because it gave me a suitable set of guidelines that I could use to possibly understand people on a certain more categorical level. Even if it isn't totally scientifically proven or anything it seems to be assisting with my interpersonal interactions. The more I study MBTI and people the more I seem to put my foot in my mouth less. Though, I'm not really sure when I put my foot in my mouth, not until after it has been pointed out to me by several people throughout the conversation. That or someone decides to block me because I was being an "asshole".

I got really off track here. Regardless, I hope that advice helps you out.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Aven View Post
    What makes you so sure that these are INFJs and not mistyped INFPs? (happens all the time, as INFPs like to think they're special and are the "rarest" type) it sounds statistically improbable that you're "surrounded" by INFJs.

Type
    INTP
    I would need more information here. My sister is an INFJ and she can totally take care of herself. She just does it in her own way at her own pace and woe unto you if you try to criticize it. The best way to get her to change her course over anything is to discuss it in a non-judgemental fashion and try to tease out any inclinations she might have to want to change. Trying to push her in any particular direction will mean that she does the opposite even moreso just to have her own way.

Type
    INTP
    What do you mean by not caring for themselves? Like, getting wrapped up in things and not eating? Running themselves into the ground over worrying? Let their emotions run them into the ground w/out coming up for air?