Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you Dance?

Type
    XXXX

Do you Dance?

I learned how to Two-Step from some Georgia Cowgirls, when I was working on a Scout Ranch a while back. Later, when I lived in El Paso, I often found myself in bars where everyone danced the two-step or line danced. It was fun. Now, I'm pretty decent, and there are some good alt-country bars around here I like to go to. I can get a girl swinging around, laughing, and bugging me to dance more after the first song. With the guy leading the two-step, the girl doesn't even have to know anything but move her feet, so you can ask anyone of them. Most the time anyone of them will agree too. There will be lots of guys just sitting around who can't dance, and you know these girls are wishing someone who can dance would ask them. It's a great way to get numbers and a really fun time.

Does anyone here dance? What kind of dance? Where did you learn? What experiences have you had? Etc..
    "Long live the weeds and the wilderness!"

Buy my book

Type
    XXXX
    These guys play about every weekend and draw a great crowd.

This guy too.

Buy my book

Type
    XXXX
    Also: on the importance of punctuation. I searched the other threads before creating this one and saw "do the intp dance" which I read as an imperative... something like a fluff thread about the "INTP Dance" whatever the hell that would be. Turns out it was a question and the answers mirror what I'm looking for here. So, that's that. Myyyy Bad.

Buy my book

-
    Type
    xxxx
    When I dance, everyone within a 20 metre radius is rendered infertile.

Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by kali View Post
    When I dance, everyone within a 20 metre radius is rendered infertile.
    Better than incontinent.

Buy my book

Type
    INFP
    Pretty much every time I've danced has been a woman rubbing her butt against my crotch, which sends me into a Protestant coma.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Mens bona regnum possidet ferrus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyJungle View Post
    Pretty much every time I've danced has been a woman rubbing her butt against my crotch, which sends me into a Protestant coma.
    Wut? I can't say this has ever happened more than hmm... once perhaps - at last year's Christmas work party with my recently divorced boss's boss extremely drunk new girlfriend, and I wasn't the one in a Protestant coma.

I only ever "dance" when half-cut to epic levels. Much hand flailing and humiliation results. Not that doing it sober would result in any difference of outcome - only I can consciously avoid it.

Meh, I think I prefer the parties where you can sit in a corner, get drunk and/or stoned and become a sage for the night.
    Die Logik ist keine Lehre, sondern ein Spiegelbild der Welt. Die Logik ist transcendental. - Wittgenstein

Dance Central, Golden Stars... #thuglife

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyJungle View Post
    Pretty much every time I've danced has been a woman rubbing her butt against my crotch,
    When I went to 18+ clubs and those in my early 20s, on lucky rare occasions, there'd be some sorta knife & fork grinding on the dance floor. I enjoyed it. There were times I was astonished by how quickly that would happen. Literally, complete strangers. I prolly said only five-six words to her, and then squeezing each other and rubbing up and down each other's thighs. I probably should've been concerned as I look back at it. What kind of psychos were we?! Once the songs of that tempo ended or she'd get too tired, we'd walk off the floor and that was pretty much it. They might've just enjoyed the thrill of the encounter, the boldness of it all. I'd walk out pretty much on cloud 9, then drive my boys to Village Inn for 1 AM breakfast. Talk about an INTP missing the obvious flirting signs!! I think I barely went out w/anyone I met grinding on the dance floor. What was wrong w/me??

I do like to dance. Absolutely not country. I'm not any good, just some "club moves." Those all pretty much dated as well. I learned at bars & clubs you could go to at 18, so basically my senior year of high school. I did a little bit of dancing at this bar earlier in the week. I have some female friends who are in their mid 30s who'll invite me w/them when they go dancing maybe 2 times a year. They go more often, but once or twice a year, they'll be kind enough to let me join them. Like Chris Rock said, "no one wants to be the old guy at the club." Often the places we'll end up at will have people from late teens into their 60s dancing. Almost like a wedding, everyone's gets out there. This is fine by me. Just want to enjoy the music and memories and the moment right then.

I've had friends who were doormen at some really nice clubs and I never took them up on going to see them. It may be kinda nice to see how the other half lives but those girls are pros. Even if I could get over the self consciousness part of the age difference, even years ago when it wouldn't have been so much, I just wouldn't enjoy the mutual predator vibe though out, I think.

Type
    INXX
    I dance around questions I don't want to answer so it seems, but he real truth is I'm trying to answer as accurately as possible.

Also I don't understand kali's metric measurements.
    That's my poop stirrin' stick- Don't touch it! You don't know which end is the handle..