Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Are You Screwing Up Your Life Today

Type
    INTP

How Are You Screwing Up Your Life Today

So I guess I'll start off with my own issues. My college semester ends in about three days not including one more week of finals. I (being my usual self) have completely screwed myself by procrastinating until the last minute with all of my assignments which include final projects, homework, and one or two tests. I haven't put much effort into college and now am in danger of failing. I have roughly put the things I have to do in 9 different categories not including studying for final exams. The next three days will most likely be absolute hell. So what do I do about it you ask? I go onto INTP Complex and talk about how I am procrastinating on these things. So basically if I fail even one of my classes my father will chew my ear off (it's pretty bad). If it's more than one I am pretty much fucked. It's not that I want to disappoint him it's that I just can't seem to stay focused. I am depressed all the time and just can't seem to make the grade. I am just hoping to get through this all and barely pass all of my classes so I can probably go through this a thousand more times in my future. I guess that's it for now guys, wish me luck. Both advice and everyone else's problems are welcome on this thread.

Type
    ENTP
    You sound EXACTLY like me at age 20. I'd like to tell you that it gets better, but, here I am posting on INTPx instead of doing my actual job. LOL

Anyway, my only advice is to stop thinking about it as all or nothing. Make it a game, where you go in knowing that you can't possibly win, but just for the hell of it you're going to try to get as many of the things done as possible. You procrastinate and avoid doing this stuff because the idea of doing this stuff makes your head hurt. Either from boredom or sheer dislike. So you're going to need to fake yourself out by reframing this into something entertaining. I like to call it "How Many Of The Things Can I Do For The Fuck Of It"
    We didn't land on Plymouth Rock. Plymouth Rock landed on us.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Polemarch View Post
    You sound EXACTLY like me at age 20. I'd like to tell you that it gets better, but, here I am posting on INTPx instead of doing my actual job. LOL

Anyway, my only advice is to stop thinking about it as all or nothing. Make it a game, where you go in knowing that you can't possibly win, but just for the hell of it you're going to try to get as many of the things done as possible. You procrastinate and avoid doing this stuff because the idea of doing this stuff makes your head hurt. Either from boredom or sheer dislike. So you're going to need to fake yourself out by reframing this into something entertaining. I like to call it "How Many Of The Things Can I Do For The Fuck Of It"
    Agreed, it's probably the only thing I can do lol. Thanks for responding, and just out of curiosity where has life taken you?

Type
    ENTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Disease View Post
    Agreed, it's probably the only thing I can do lol. Thanks for responding, and just out of curiosity where has life taken you?
    Purgatory.

I have a good job with a stable, sufficient salary, but it doesn't excite me. I've had a couple of long-term relationships with great women, but where I was ultimately dissatisfied and ended / was complicit in ending them. I'm still working on the process of mastering myself. Don't wait, start now.
    We didn't land on Plymouth Rock. Plymouth Rock landed on us.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Polemarch View Post
    ... I'm still working on the process of mastering myself. Don't wait, start now.
    I would also add, don't do anything for others, just do it for yourself.
    In the end, you only got yourself to feel good about. No matter what your parents tell you, it's your life.

As for me, my tale is sad and full of woe, but most of it is not my doing. Which is funny in a way, although I went through a period where I fucking hated higher education, because it disillusioned me in a big way.
    It's all bullshit and a business, if I see it that way, I am able to realize what I am trying to do and just go for what I really want to do.

chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    screwing up my life with apathy about the thing i'm considering making my life/future/career.

most of the time it's OK but today especially it feels like a choice to care only as much as i have to, which doesn't cut it.
    chatting on discord

wetback Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    INFJ
    I've failed out of school before it sucks but you'll live... the second time sucks infinitely so much more. Just do what @Polemarch tells you to do also if @Sistamatic offers advice on the subject listen to her too . I didn't and the reactor went critical.
    Then why did he put the Devil in me?

Type
    InTP
    A wise man once told me that there are lots of things you can't control in you life that will make it better or worse, but doing your homework is something you can always control. I thought this was pretty good advice but I ended up dropping out anyways and its been p great.

I became much happier afrer I dropped out of college. my father is dissappointed with me but like people who dont dissappoint their fathers are so hard to relate to dont you think?

This exact thread is made every semester.
    "A new immortal appeared in front of you. Would you like preparations of inception?"

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by LowIQLogan View Post
    ... my father is dissappointed with me but like people who dont dissappoint their fathers are so hard to relate to dont you think?

This exact thread is made every semester.
    If I had a nickel for every time I disappointed my father....>_>..

Retired
    Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Disease View Post
    So I guess I'll start off with my own issues. My college semester ends in about three days not including one more week of finals. I (being my usual self) have completely screwed myself by procrastinating until the last minute with all of my assignments which include final projects, homework, and one or two tests. I haven't put much effort into college and now am in danger of failing. I have roughly put the things I have to do in 9 different categories not including studying for final exams. The next three days will most likely be absolute hell. So what do I do about it you ask? I go onto INTP Complex and talk about how I am procrastinating on these things. So basically if I fail even one of my classes my father will chew my ear off (it's pretty bad). If it's more than one I am pretty much fucked. It's not that I want to disappoint him it's that I just can't seem to stay focused. I am depressed all the time and just can't seem to make the grade. I am just hoping to get through this all and barely pass all of my classes so I can probably go through this a thousand more times in my future. I guess that's it for now guys, wish me luck. Both advice and everyone else's problems are welcome on this thread.
    1) Quit studying economics
    2) Politely tell your esteemed father that you're going to become a marine biologist
    3) Become a marine biologist
    4) Live happily ever after