Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast

Thread: Science microthreads

Type
    INTP
    ^ I just read I Contain Multitudes and it was super interesting. If you want an interesting, science-y read, I recommend it.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by starla View Post
    ^ I just read I Contain Multitudes and it was super interesting. If you want an interesting, science-y read, I recommend it.
    Will do, thanks

Type
    eNTP
    That sounds right up my alley too. Thanks for the recommendation.
    I'm suspicious of people who say they'll die for a flag but won't wear a mask for their neighbor.

Societal egress and ennui Catoptric's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    It's repeatable and a Physicist is receiving a Nobel Prize.

"X17 could be a particle, which connects our visible world with the dark matter," he said in an email.

'A 'no-brainer Nobel Prize': Hungarian scientists may have found a fifth force of nature'

The ‘X17’ particle: Scientists may have discovered the fifth force of nature

Type
    INTP

Type
    INTP
    DEEP Sea diagram to scroll through (it will take awhile, though to get perspective on it, it's necessary.)

Type
    INTP
    HUMANS ARE STILL EVOLVING: 3 EXAMPLES OF RECENT ADAPTATIONS

If someone has a third nipple or an extra testicle, I will suppress my envy; the same for an extra chromosome. . . To be serious, many of the things they mention could be environmental; they mention diet as one thing, but also it's worth considering physical activity plays a role in bone density, along with age. Often these reports come out but they seem to glare over some obvious considerations, and often repeat bad info (such an example could be claiming that Christopher Columbus contracted syphilis from the natives of the Caribbean when plenty of documented cases of it existing within European populations were readily present in studies.) Things such as diets could likewise differ and should not be assumed that what is expressed in the human genome are not epigenetic expressions due to differing environmental conditions, but rather a regression of adaptions caused by changes to lifestyle (similar to taking a domesticated animal and putting it back out into the wild.)

Type
    INTP
    “Sitting in a car or in front of a desk is not what we have evolved to do.”

That's true, but it's what we need to evolve to do. Same goes for the natural diet, those days are over. Time to start to adapt to processed foods.