Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556

Thread: Science microthreads

Type
    INTP
    An interesting theory. I wonder if there will be such daring space missions. I mean, is there going to be any equipment sent to investigate things like that?
    Two years ago, the IXPE dispatch was announced in April 2021. The current uncertainty in the activities of many companies and agencies may make this mission a priority.
    I wonder how much such equipment could change our knowledge.

Societal egress and ennui Catoptric's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Dark Energy and Noether's Theorem (A postulation that symmetry in nature should suggest a universal constant must exist throughout the cosmos.)

My comment: I've had to try and reflect on this a bit as I would still be unfamiliar with any deeper understanding of it due to my limited knowledge of quantum mechanics, and I don't want to rush into a topic I haven't been as knowledgeable of, as I would like.

As an empirical observation of time dilation, regarding the incongruity found within physics--caused by redshift and densities in matter--often theory get relegated to being subject to a Kuhnian Incommensurability ( https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/i...s%20throughout ), whereby the underlying facet of observation are expecting an ontological framework--ergo Noether's Theorem must justify a universal constant--for which all laws of physics appear commiserate with observation as would be expected to conform.

Noether's theory of symmetry and variations of it work in conjunction with Ward-Takahashi identities to give some dialectical framework for confirmation of what is observed in Quantum Theory. ex. https://arxiv.org/pdf/hep-th/9709090.pdf

Science wants to be finite in merely observing data points while eschewing with symmetry (that people like Jakob Bohme attempted to hypothesize with his fractal--dualistic--cosmological framework for the universe,) indifferent to whether, conserving a dualistic approach to natural order works as observed outside of our worldview; albeit this is the observation we make from localization, as a fixed a priori position in space. Both Grand Unified Theory and a hypothetical Theory of Everything presupposes a Fine Structure Constant on the Plank Scale.

As observed in Olbers' paradox, the reason for why looking up into the night sky does not illuminate like the enveloping light from the sun, is due to redshift and the light beginning to ebb away until it then becomes what appears to be an invisible spectrum. On a Planck's constant this is affected by the motion in space, and the variance in dark matter energy (which physics is still coming to grasp with.)

The notion of symmetry often indicates a form of beauty expected within nature; that when subject to the uncertainty of heterogenous space confluence is rendered somewhat mercurial. I suspect that over time the process of interpreting symmetry will make more sense to the cosmic balance, though for the time being, science tends to remain irrational, as per this argument: https://aeon.co/essays/an-irrational...modern-science

Decided to check out

Quote Originally Posted by TommyJ View Post
    An interesting theory. I wonder if there will be such daring space missions. I mean, is there going to be any equipment sent to investigate things like that?
    Two years ago, the IXPE dispatch was announced in April 2021. The current uncertainty in the activities of many companies and agencies may make this mission a priority.
    I wonder how much such equipment could change our knowledge.
    No doubt physics--despite tremendous progress--has a lot more to figure out. It seems to be a constant reinterpretation of the nature of the universe (that as soon as one theory get's adopted it becomes evident we really don't know the full extent of discovery.)

I suspect it's entirely probably that I don't know what I'm understanding on the subject, though I do realize that physics really doesn't have all the answers, and their are some profound revelations to make from what we don't understand.

Last edited by Catoptric; 01-27-2021 at 06:48 PM.

Type
    INTP
    Thanks for the answer. And also for the video.
    I'm wondering how close you can get to the event horizon with existing technology? It is unlikely that we will ever be able to build a probe, or a rocket, that can transmit data from a black hole. For this, the speed of signal must exceed c.

Now, when we cannot agree on whether it is necessary to use space tugs to remove space debris and service satellites, such a signal transmission rate looks fantastic.
    And according to existing theories, this is impossible.
    So, perhaps, we will never know what is there.

Type
    INTP

Type
    INTP
    The Man Who Put His Head Inside a Particle Accelerator – and Survived

Apparently, getting paralyzed on one side of the face reduces wrinkles, however, it is strongly advised not to stick your head in a particle accelerator.