Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354

Thread: Science microthreads

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Senseye View Post
    “Sitting in a car or in front of a desk is not what we have evolved to do.”

That's true, but it's what we need to evolve to do. Same goes for the natural diet, those days are over. Time to start to adapt to processed foods.

Conversely, body temperature from lifeforms seems to coincide with potential 24-hour heat-waves by the end of the century.

The compound heatwaves threaten “severe damage” and are a risk to health because the body is not given a chance to cool down at night.
    I blame masturbatory emissions from internet use.

Type
    INTP
    Chess - AlphaZero vs Stockfish

The most powerful chess program that is 100x faster falls to AlphaZero, a program that taught itself chess with zero human input.

Type
    XXXX

plastic no longer a problem, nature beats scientists to solution.

Type
    INTP
    Effects of Kombucha on oxidative stress induced nephrotoxicity in rats

I've sort of been wondering if my scoby culture has been fermenting differently from other ones, as I tend to stress the scoby with how I prepare it (the occasional water with hydrogen peroxide used in storing the RO filtered water, or not fully cooled tea (I'll make it stronger and will dilute it, but it doesn't always not make it warm to the touch.) That or the cell culture was larger for the jar and not floating, so it may end up allowing oxygen to remain in contact with the tea surface. Either way when I peed it had a funny smell and it could be because of drinking the stuff (or I managed to get diabeetus. . .)