Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Movie Lines

Type
    INFP

Favorite Movie Lines

I quote Brad Pitt saying "what's in the box?!" from the movie Se7en constantly. Pretty much every time I'm unclear of the contents of a box or when a cat sits in a box.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I have many and I will share as I remember them but these days I say,"Chrow it in da wash! It'll be grand!" from Leap Year a lot.

And

Dr. Evil mocking Scott with, "I don't know. Who am I?" whenever I see a doof.
    This just in: I'm accepting all friend requests too unless you're a fricken jerk and I can't stand your existence and inane drivel. If that's the case, then I'll accept your friend request so I can keep an eye on your ass unless you don't hold any interest for me; then only the threat of keeping my eye on you stands. feces

Type
    xxxx
    I'll share one from something I just watched:

"Look in my throat. It's as red as the Daily Worker and twice as sore!", Ball of Fire.

Type
    INFP
    (It's harder for me to pick out quotes than good scenes so some of these might be hard to get without context)

You are more beautiful than Cinderella! You smell like pine needles, and have a face like sunshine! - Bridesmaids

This is so awkward. I really want you to leave, but I don't know how to say it without sounding like a dick. - Bridesmaids

There's nothing sadder than a puppet without a ghost, especially the kind with red blood running through them. - Ghost in the Shell

To make a fighter you gotta strip them down to bare wood: you can't just tell 'em to forget everything you know if you gotta make 'em forget even their bones... make 'em so tired they only listen to you, only hear your voice, only do what you say and nothing else... show 'em how to keep their balance and take it away from the other guy... how to generate momentum off their right toe and how to flex your knees when you fire a jab... how to fight backin' up so that the other guy doesn't want to come after you. Then you gotta show 'em all over again. Over and over and over... till they think they're born that way. - Million Dollar Baby (shudder)

Kinda funny-lookin'. Just in a general way. - Fargo

Great grandfather Lukas instead of staying home he went to see the workers and made fun of hard working men, so every year grandpa Lukas would get beat somewhere. And in 1930 great grandfather boasted in front of stone cutters whose quarry had just been closed and they beat him so badly he died. - Closely Watched Trains

It's that thing when you're with someone, and you love them and they know it, and they love you and you know it... but it's a party... and you're both talking to other people, and you're laughing and shining... and you look across the room and catch each other's eyes... but - but not because you're possessive, or it's precisely sexual... but because... that is your person in this life. And it's funny and sad, but only because this life will end, and it's this secret world that exists right there in public, unnoticed, that no one else knows about. It's sort of like how they say that other dimensions exist all around us, but we don't have the ability to perceive them. That's - That's what I want out of a relationship. Or just life, I guess. - Frances Ha

Did he just throw my cat out of the window? - The Grand Budapest Hotel
    "Better not to feel too much until the crisis ends—and if it never ends, at least we’ll have suffered a little less, developed a useful dullness...The constant—and very real—fear of being hurt, the fear of death, of intolerable loss, or even of “mere” humiliation, leads each of us, the citizens and prisoners of the conflict, to dampen our own vitality, our emotional and intellectual range, and to cloak ourselves in more and more protective layers until we suffocate." - Toni Morrison

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    I am a trafficker of information, I know everything I can.
    - Merovingian

I'll tell you the problem with the scientific power that you're using here: it didn't require any discipline to attain it. You read what others had done and you took the next step. You didn't earn the knowledge for yourselves, so you don't take any responsibility... for it. You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could and before you even knew what you had you patented it and packaged it and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now [pounds table with fists]
    - Michael Crichton/Jurassic Park

Eight [bosses], Bob. That's my only real motivation is not to be hassled; that, and the fear of losing my job. But you know, Bob, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired.
    -Office Space

It was one of those days when it's a minute away from snowing and there's this electricity in the air, you can almost hear it. And this bag was, like, dancing with me. Like a little kid begging me to play with it. For fifteen minutes. And that's the day I realized there was this entire life behind things, and... this incredibly benevolent force, that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever. Video's a poor excuse, I know. But it helps me remember... and I need to remember..
    -American Beauty
    Last edited by Limey; 05-20-2015 at 11:08 PM.

Type
    XXXX

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Two killer sets of lines back to back, like an INTJ going in and you think it's a flawless victory and deconstruction and the ESFP is in pieces, but he comes right back, untouched and rising. Classic scene

Neil: You know everything is not an anecdote. You have to discriminate. You choose things that are funny or mildly amusing or interesting. You're a miracle! Your stories have NONE of that. They're not even amusing ACCIDENTALLY! "Honey, I'd like you to meet Del Griffith, he's got some amusing anecodotes for you. Oh and here's a gun so you can blow your brains out. You'll thank me for it." I could tolerate any insurance seminar. For days I could sit there and listen to them go on and on with a big smile on my face. They'd say, "How can you stand it?" I'd say, "'Cause I've been with Del Griffith. I can take ANYTHING." You know what they'd say? They'd say, "I know what you mean. The shower curtain ring guy. Woah." It's like going on a date with a Chatty Cathy doll. I expect you have a little string on your chest, you know, that I pull out and have to snap back. Except I wouldn't pull it out and snap it back - you would. Agh! Agh! Agh! Agh! And by the way, you know, when you're telling these little stories? Here's a good idea - have a POINT. It makes it SO much more interesting for the listener!

Del: You wanna hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel any better. I'm an easy target. Yeah, you're right, I talk too much. I also listen too much. I could be a cold-hearted cynic like you... but I don't like to hurt people's feelings. Well, you think what you want about me; I'm not changing. I like... I like me. My wife likes me. My customers like me. 'Cause I'm the real article. What you see is what you get.

Type
    INTP
    Yeah Dad, I'm glad we didn't go to Hawaii - National Lampoons's Vacation

Can I do your back?
    I've already done my back.
    Can I do your front?
    Go do your own front. - NLV

Ooooh Clarke, this tent smells...
    Aunt Edna, this is your tent! -NLV

Wpheeew... Real tomato catsup Eddie?
    Nothin' but the best,Clarke! -okyougettheidea

Type
    INTP
    "Set a course for ( coordinates)"
    "Where are we going captain?"
    "We are going to kill a friend," Hunt for Red October

"Not just by cutting high prices. Not just by lowering high prices. But by blowing the living sh#t out of high prices." - Used Cars

"Go? Go where?"
    "Away! We gotta go!"
    "Go where?! Where you going to go? Where are you going to run? Where are you going to hide? No where, cuz there's no one like you left" - Meg Tilly in Invasion of the Body Snatchers

"You're going to jail!"
    "I don't think so"
    *Opens safe and pulls out paper to hand to Harrison Ford*
    "The President authorizes Cutty for all actions related to operation Reciprocity. What's this?"
    "That's my get out of jail free card...You don't have one of those, do you, Jack?" - Clear & Present Danger

Going off the top of my head. I think I posted in a thread like this at Central. Apologies for being slightly off on some of the wordings.