Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Writings about INTPs

Type
    INTP

Post Writings about INTPs

Find something about INTPs in your trips across the vast intertubes? Post it here!

First the funny:

Don't Give Up on the INTPs

One of the biggest challenges coaching youth baseball can be managing INTPs, who are not naturally athletic, and have a tendency to play with the dirt, and drift off during practice. When it gets bad, their lack of attention will infect other players, and pretty soon you've got an infield full of kids making sand castles around the bases.
    http://mbtisports.blogspot.com/2010/...-on-intps.html

Then the sad:

The researchers also found that female feeling types (mostly ESFJs) were married the longest and that female thinking types (mostly INTP) were married the fewest number of years.
    Women were dissatisfied with the marriage most often (33 percent) when they were married to a man who was an INTP
    http://www.jmm.org.au/articles/5006.htm

Type
    INTP
    That described my experience with youth baseball perfectly. I had zero investment in the game. I'd only wanted to play because all my friends had signed up and I thought it would be fun to play with them. It was great at first because I was on the same team as my best friend. But the coach took one practice to decide the best way to coach me was to bump me to a more junior league, so I "wouldn't get hurt". Fooled him. I got hurt anyway. And embarrassed and gave up on the whole thing.

I did way better with league bowling. That is fun.
    For some, "how", not "why", is the fundamental unit of measure for curiosity. This divergence is neither parallel, nor straight. Where one might have a "why?-5" problem, it might only be a "how?-2" question. But then, there are also many things where the "why?" is immediately obvious but the "how?" is best measured in centuries of perpetual wonder. Both approaches have their drawbacks.

If one is superior, the other is unaware of it.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Oh God. I was always in detention during PE because I wouldn't bring my gym uniform. It's just that they played some horrible shit called "rounders" which reminded me of baseball without bats, and you had to throw the ball at the person's body while they were trying to make it to the next base. For some reason they would throw it really hard at me. We were all girls but I swear some of them threw like guys. I'd hear, "Whitey!!!" and bam, that fucking ball. It was bad enough I never really understood the rules or who was even on my team, or who was going to throw that ball at me.

Type
    INTP
    The youth baseball quote hits pretty close to home for me as well. My P.E coaches would routinely call my mother and tell her I was taking, as they'd so eloquently described, "zombified nature walks" when I was supposed to be running the mile, because I'd usually get caught up on my own train of thought and wasn't really driven by the pseudo competitiveness of displaying how fast I was at running just because some overweight douche with a whistle in a 2XL Nike Jumpsuit said so.

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    The youth baseball quote hits pretty close to home for me as well. My P.E coaches would routinely call my mother and tell her I was taking, as they'd so eloquently described, "zombified nature walks" when I was supposed to be running the mile, because I'd usually get caught up on my own train of thought and wasn't really driven by the pseudo competitiveness of displaying how fast I was at running just because some overweight douche with a whistle in a 2XL Nike Jumpsuit said so.
    I played with sand rather than follow the ball.

And is just me, or do INTP women hate dating INTP guys? What's up with that? I got tired of going on dates with other INTPs that all went the same. I can never tell on any of these dates if they think I'm the most awesome person on the planet, or the most loathsome boring creature in existence. Probably because both might be true.

Fe doms are surprising cool, though.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    And is just me, or do INTP women hate dating INTP guys? What's up with that? I got tired of going on dates with other INTPs that all went the same. I can never tell on any of these dates if they think I'm the most awesome person on the planet, or the most loathsome boring creature in existence. Probably because both might be true.

Fe doms are surprising cool, though.
    FTFY

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    ESFJs seem to like dating INTPs guys. Maybe the one I'm thinking of is an ENFJ, though. Don't know, don't care that much. I do get the sense though that she isn't looking for my "hidden depths"... i.e. (introverted feeling).

What I know is that the conversations actually interest me, and I get to talk about things that usually end up being brushed off. The enthusiasm is infectious, and it's easy enough for me to let my guard down. Also, I feel as though I have a clear understanding, for once, of what is expected of me.

Maybe all the INTP women want really want an ESFJ guy.
    Last edited by msg_v2; 12-31-2013 at 06:04 PM.

Type
    INTP
    The stuff about non-athleticism in INTPs is news to me. All the INTPs I know in person are athletic. I suspect though that the athletic INTPs are probably well-suited to coaching though.
    Granted, baseball is a pretty lame sport. Sports like Basketball and Hockey are probably a little better at keeping us engaged.

Type
    INTP
    female thinking types (mostly INTP) were married the fewest number of years.
    There is very little place in the world for INTP women in general, so I'm not surprised by this, but I do wonder which types the INTP women in the study were married to. For that matter, how many INTP women could have been subjects in a study of only 852 people?

31 percent were dissatisfied when they were married to an INFS
    wut?

Was anyone able to find the original paper online? feminism.org doesn't seem to be working and Dr. Marioles is not on the faculty of St. Mary's.

https://www.stmarytx.edu/academics/humanities/faculty/
    Yes, I smell like a horse. No, I don't consider that a problem.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    ESFJs seem to like dating INTPs guys. Maybe the one I'm thinking of is an ENFJ, though. Don't know, don't care that much. I do get the sense though that she isn't looking for my "hidden depths"... i.e. (introverted feeling).
    It can work so long as the INTP can tolerate the patronizing tone being used when being spoken to about anything involving social norms/etiquette. Also, get used to hearing "You aren't really wearing that with that, are you?" a lot.