Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chameleons and Octopuses

Chameleons and Octopuses

If you can change your personality type into something else, what would it be and why? What type would be at the bottom of your list?

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    In stress mode I can go ENTJ, when I'm happy I have ENFP tendencies. I like them both but I wish I could switch to the former without losing my mind at the end of it.

I can't say I know what my type is anymore.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

No Thank You
    Type
    INFP
    Some sort of extrovert. I think ENTP is at the top of my list.

At the bottom: ISFP. They seem like they might be prone to loneliness.

Type
    xxxx
    INTPx Award Winner
    Top: ENFP / ENTP

Bottom: ISTJ / ISFJ
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Type
    INTP
    I have a very strong INFJ-ish side to me, and I'm proud to exercise it; but I still prefer INTP, as evidenced by the fact that my type preference, as tested, remains INTP. Dunno what else to do about that. I'm just a softy when it comes to helping people. (As long as they're not dickheads.)

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    INTT.

I'm ok with being introverted. I think being extroverted sounds like a lot of hassle. Besides, I get to pretend to be extroverted when in public interacting with people. Being introverted is the best of both worlds.

I like being iNtuitive. I think it's way more fun than being a Sensor, just based on how much ST enjoy the stuff that comes out my N. Not that they aren't amazing in their way, I just think my way is more fun, and I've come to terms with my failings as a person otherwise. I can almost keep up on laundry and dishes at the same time now!

I clearly like being a Thinker. Feelers seem to get more joy in general, when the get joy--they get more of whatever and by comparison, in may scenarios I am insensate. But, god their emotional decisions are fucking dumb. You just kinda wish they were a small mortally wounded animal because then you'd know how to end their misery, but as it stands, their humanity leaves you feeling like your hands are too... real. And being an NT, I get to enjoy the irony of admiring their ability to feel and bemoaning their beholdeness to that same feeling.

I have no use for being P, or J. My Pness gets me in all kinds of trouble, and at the same time leaves me too risk averse to seize success. I think I'd be better of without it. I really have no use for being J. Seems like too much work, and being me is already exhausting. I get so tired of it, I have to sleep, like, erry day.

I don't want to double up on I's, though at first glance, that seems like a great idea. I'm already practically a shut-in if left to my own devices, and most of the time in public I wear a "Do Not Disturb" mask. If I were more introverted I'd probably starve to death because I just never bothered to leave the house. I'd get delivery, but that would still involve opening the door, and I don't have a mail slot.

I think having an 'E' would be confusing. I'd provide an example, but it would be ironic. I.e, the sentence would start with the letters in question.

Doubling up on the N's is pretty scary. I already find myself discovering that other people have found me unintelligible a fair portion of the time. If I doubled up on the N's I probably would have been speaking a personal conlang built as I was learning English and identifying what I felt were serious flaws in the whole system. I'd then spend my entire life speaking in this private language, exasperated that no one was learning from me the way I'd learned from them.

I'd probably have a Ph.D. in Philosophy, and a having a Doctorate of Philosophy in Philosophy... has a ring to it. But it is a bit silly. I mean, how do you get employed with it? Said underemployed the Maths major. Curses. Petards, petards, everywhere.

I think having two T's in my personality type would be the best upgrade. I like to think that if I thought a bit more, I might develop better solutions and keep myself out of trouble.
    You winsome, you loathsome.
    --Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    yes: entp, isfp/istp & infj for social comfort / communication skills, creativity, task focus, passion, making dreams a reality

no: sj anything. it just has nothing to do with me

somewhere out there somebody wishes they were intp hahah. weird.
    the clouds in the sky caress my mind so tenderly

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuff View Post
    somewhere out there somebody wishes they were intp hahah. weird.
    Do not try this at home.

Type
    INTP
    I would love to be an ENFJ. There's a lot of reasons, but mainly I think they have a more pleasant experience of life than other types. They genuinely enjoy other people, I've always wondered what that's like to experience on the level they experience it.

We can all dream.

Bottom is ISTJ, because they're idiots and they're dead inside. Honestly, what are they good for?

chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    Bottom is ISTJ, because they're idiots and they're dead inside. Honestly, what are they good for?
    if you get on their good side, they've got your back forever no matter how badly you fuck up

loyalty like that is hard to find
    the clouds in the sky caress my mind so tenderly