Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chameleons and Octopuses

-
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    (...) Bottom is ISTJ, because they're idiots and they're dead inside. Honestly, what are they good for?
    Football, engineering and being the butt of jokes for all other nations types.

Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    INTT.

I'm ok with being introverted. I think being extroverted sounds like a lot of hassle. Besides, I get to pretend to be extroverted when in public interacting with people. Being introverted is the best of both worlds.

I like being iNtuitive. I think it's way more fun than being a Sensor, just based on how much ST enjoy the stuff that comes out my N. Not that they aren't amazing in their way, I just think my way is more fun, and I've come to terms with my failings as a person otherwise. I can almost keep up on laundry and dishes at the same time now!

I clearly like being a Thinker. Feelers seem to get more joy in general, when the get joy--they get more of whatever and by comparison, in may scenarios I am insensate. But, god their emotional decisions are fucking dumb. You just kinda wish they were a small mortally wounded animal because then you'd know how to end their misery, but as it stands, their humanity leaves you feeling like your hands are too... real. And being an NT, I get to enjoy the irony of admiring their ability to feel and bemoaning their beholdeness to that same feeling.

I have no use for being P, or J. My Pness gets me in all kinds of trouble, and at the same time leaves me too risk averse to seize success. I think I'd be better of without it. I really have no use for being J. Seems like too much work, and being me is already exhausting. I get so tired of it, I have to sleep, like, erry day.

I don't want to double up on I's, though at first glance, that seems like a great idea. I'm already practically a shut-in if left to my own devices, and most of the time in public I wear a "Do Not Disturb" mask. If I were more introverted I'd probably starve to death because I just never bothered to leave the house. I'd get delivery, but that would still involve opening the door, and I don't have a mail slot.

I think having an 'E' would be confusing. I'd provide an example, but it would be ironic. I.e, the sentence would start with the letters in question.

Doubling up on the N's is pretty scary. I already find myself discovering that other people have found me unintelligible a fair portion of the time. If I doubled up on the N's I probably would have been speaking a personal conlang built as I was learning English and identifying what I felt were serious flaws in the whole system. I'd then spend my entire life speaking in this private language, exasperated that no one was learning from me the way I'd learned from them.

I'd probably have a Ph.D. in Philosophy, and a having a Doctorate of Philosophy in Philosophy... has a ring to it. But it is a bit silly. I mean, how do you get employed with it? Said underemployed the Maths major. Curses. Petards, petards, everywhere.

I think having two T's in my personality type would be the best upgrade. I like to think that if I thought a bit more, I might develop better solutions and keep myself out of trouble.
    Ph.D. in Philosophy sounds a bit redundant. but yeah I wonder, how do you get employed with it?

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuff View Post
    if you get on their good side, they've got your back forever no matter how badly you fuck up
    I'll believe it when I see it. I have a lot of confirmed ISTJs in my family

Type
    INTP
    ISxJs are the people who show up to work on time every day and do their jobs thoroughly the way they've been trained to. They keep the lights on and the trains running, and they will do what they think of as "the right thing" even when it's not easy or doesn't necessarily seem right. My dad is an ISTJ and while he will never "get" me, he has gotten up at 5am every day his entire life without complaining to provide for his family, and he worked hard to teach me the values he was raised with.

They do seem to be mostly boring and humorless, but then so are a lot of INTPs.

One thing SJs seem to do less than INTPs is assume that people who don't share their values are just unintelligent.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by pathogenetic_peripatetic View Post
    ISxJs are the people who show up to work on time every day and do their jobs thoroughly the way they've been trained to. They keep the lights on and the trains running, and they will do what they think of as "the right thing" even when it's not easy or doesn't necessarily seem right. My dad is an ISTJ and while he will never "get" me, he has gotten up at 5am every day his entire life without complaining to provide for his family, and he worked hard to teach me the values he was raised with.

They do seem to be mostly boring and humorless, but then so are a lot of INTPs.

One thing SJs seem to do less than INTPs is assume that people who don't share their values are just unintelligent.
    yeah, they'll do the right thing, and if necessary they're experts at skirting the rules since they've earned all the right connections & know how to get away with it for you if they trust you. they still earn that "teacher's pet" title easily.

i was a massive slacker in high school in most classes and if it wasn't for my istj best friend i would've drowned. she also knew when she could get away with stuff, i.e. ditching. jumping the gate in broad daylight (but always back on time). she was much smarter than me in terms of logistics and practicality and saved my ass in more ways than one. she also gave the best no nonsense advice ever. she liked me cuz talking was like "learning" (without the work of studying i guess).

if she didn't "get" me completely she still got that i'm just the way i am, and she wasn't judgmental about stuff at all. there are things we didn't/don't talk about, like when it comes to values or supernatural beliefs (or lack thereof).
    Last edited by jigglypuff; 06-05-2015 at 07:34 PM.
    I was fine when I came, and fine when I left.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I try to channel Jness into myself sometimes because I'm so disorganized it gets in the way of the things I really want to do. I'd like to remain INTP, but have a little switch into INTJ mode for when I need to put my money where my brain is. Mostly I fail at this, but I do have little pockets of J -- the way I wash my car all the time, the way I take care of things that are valuable to me or to others, and the way I will occasionally go totally J on my thrashed office because I need to be able to find ... well, anything.

I've no desire to be an E or an S or an F. I think being an E and/or F would further erode my ability to achieve that which I find important now because it would change my priorities.
    As for being an S -- I do the vast majority of my thinking on background processors and have learned to just trust what my brain tells me. My conscious mind gets in the way. I rarely know what I'm about to do and I find that prior planning prevents phenomenal perspicacity. I wonder sometimes if my perception of this is ironically limited by how well Ndowed I am.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    INTP
    I have no desire to be an E, very happy in my I zone.
    I would love to be more of a sensor - I'd love to be connected more with my body in a healthy mind-body way or with things like dancing. I would love to push my love for the outdoors further. I'd love to be able to fix and build things. I know there's usually a lot of sensor hate, but I frigging love sensors. (As long as they are P too).
    I'd like to be an X in the T/F spectrum. A balance of both seems optimum to me.
    And I love to be an X in the P/J spectrum. A little more organised and driven, but keeping the laid back, happy with change attitude.

So... IXXX basically.

Type
    INTP
    For practicality's sake, being an ENTJ would be much more conducive to life-ing...

I sort of love being stuck in my own head, but my tendency to indulge in that doesn't get me very far in life.

In some ways, I admire sensors... But mostly they just irk & bore me.. their ways of doing and thinking about things is always tedious, and they always care or are entertainied by things that don't make me bat an eyelid...

Feelers can be fine, so long as they aren't stupid... Thinkers are great, so long as they aren't socially retarded.

I generally prefer P, apart from the procrastinating, I don't like J's tendancy to always be so sure & closed to off possibilities.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    In some ways, I admire sensors... But mostly they just irk & bore me.. their ways of doing and thinking about things is always tedious, and they always care or are entertainied by things that don't make me bat an eyelid...
    I keep on forgetting that about them. I think they are able to channel the "thrill of being alive" or "thrill of living", which is what draws me to them like a moth to flame. But then I forget that as soon as I open my mouth and make an observation about something and am met with a blank, confused look on their face, I feel like I'm a different species altogether, and why bother.

And when I think back to when I lived in places where I was mostly surrounded by sensors, I did feel exceptionally isolated and outcast. Thank goodness for internet forums.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxx View Post
    I'd love to be connected more with my body in a healthy mind-body way or with things like dancing. I would love to push my love for the outdoors further. I'd love to be able to fix and build things. I know there's usually a lot of sensor hate, but I frigging love sensors. (As long as they are P too).
    I'd like to be an X in the T/F spectrum. A balance of both seems optimum to me.
    And I love to be an X in the P/J spectrum. A little more organised and driven, but keeping the laid back, happy with change attitude.
    there's nothing keeping you from being those things.

imo people thinking they're set in their ways after identifying with a one-dimensional type profile might be the worst effect of mbti. being more balanced & more capable of different "modes" is ideal.
    I was fine when I came, and fine when I left.