Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Retype other members, with their permission

chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody School Daze View Post
    INFP is possible, so's ISFP if we're not doing dichotomies. Maybe INFJ.
    never gotten infp or isfp before, but isfp is my favorite creative type. i've gotten infj before, interesting.

from your avatars, i would guess entp.
    FUCK SHIT

Type
    XNTP
    Never been sure of my type, always lingers between intp and entp. sometimes i get emotional i tend to think maybe i am enxp. so intp-entp-enfp, this never ends. ask me something, test me. btw i am from india from a traditional family.

INFj-Ne (EII) / 9w1 sourpatchkid!'s Avatar
    Type
    INFP
    anyone want to retype me?
    It's a new art form
    showing people how little
    we care

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by sourpatchkid! View Post
    anyone want to retype me?
    ENFJ
    All truth passes through three stages:

First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

INFj-Ne (EII) / 9w1 sourpatchkid!'s Avatar
    Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    ENFJ
    oh, dear me! life would be just awful and grand all at the same time.

it was the best of Myers-Briggs types; it was the worst of Myers-Briggs types...
    It's a new art form
    showing people how little
    we care

Type
    istj
    Retype me

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by rokki balbotox View Post
    Retype me
    ISTJ.
    All truth passes through three stages:

First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

Type
    INTP
    Fight me

Senior Member Tetris Champion notdavidlynch's Avatar
    Type
    INFP
    I've already retyped myself. I was an INFP all along. After the realization that I was just an INFP and nothing else, I started having a lot of weird dreams that helped me pinpoint the exact moment in my life where I let go of that and started going down the wrong path ...

You see, when I first tested myself, before I knew anything about MBTI, I came out as an INFP - which was probably more accurate simply because I wasn't aware of the other types. When I first went to college shortly after that I was trying to create a custom major that mixed psychology & visual arts, but the then head of the art department had to sign off on it and she wouldn't. Looking back, I think they were just trying to cut down on the number of non BFA students in art classes because there were too many non-art school students taking up spots. Anyways, I kind of spiraled out of control after that and fell into cognitive science & computer science, where I was interested in the material but had a miserable time dealing with professors, TAs, and other students ... Then I dropped out.

For the longest while after that I continued to think that, "I can't be an INFP, I'm too smart & logical! (derp)". What finally made me re-realize who I am is this type description, specifically the stuff about the INFPs use of Te.

So I should probably get out of you'ze guyzes hair and go hang out more on r/INFP. They seem to quickly get a lot of the weird ideas I have.

I should offload more of the decision-making in my life ... From my business to taxes to paying back student loans to my diet and my exercise routine ... It all drains me very quickly and leaves me with very little Te left to do my work.

When one of their values comes under attack, they have no problem using a direct, matter-of-fact Te communication style to defend what they feel is right. When they feel so strongly about a subject that they know they must take action on it, they tap into this part of themselves that is powerful and commanding to take a stand for that what they believe is right.
    An FiNe who is forced to act out of this Te problem-solving, critiquing side of their persona for a large portion of their time (for work, or parenting, etc) is likely to become burnt out, and might experience decision fatigue very quickly. They generally do best when they can allow someone else to take over the decision-making in at least part of their life. If they must make all the decisions in their job, and all the parenting decisions, and all the relationship decisions, etc., then when it comes time for simple, self care decisions like deciding what to eat for dinner or what route to take home from work, they are already exhausted and will struggle to know what they want.
    FiNe’s best use their Te when there is already a system in place, as it is easiest for them to use the simplest version of Te - critiquing and refining. When something is already in place and needs improvement, it can be easier to analyze it and see the solution. When starting from scratch, FiNe’s might have lots of ideas, but the act of putting systems and and structures of efficiency into place is harder for them.
    These were the parts that rung the truest for me, and were always a side of myself that I had a very hard time reconciling under the belief that I was an INTP. Here are a few more parts that were dead on:

FiNe’s can get lost in their own world of trying to figure out what a stranger, who is sitting 20 feet away from them in a coffee shop, is thinking, how their day is going, what their life must be like, etc. They love people watching, but aren’t typically interesting in getting up close and personal with most people as they feel pressured to react and respond appropriately in real interactions. They may even Imagine a conversation with someone rather than actually speaking to them in real life, as imaginary people don’t have demands or expectations of them.
    Something like 50-60% of my entire life has been me having imaginary conversations with 1 or more people in imaginary situations. I basically just sit around and daydream all day. I should get back into writing more, or to start writing fiction.

... And the part that probably resonates the most with those closest to me:

healthy FiNe’s know that they cannot effectively care for others unless they first care for themselves. They know their limits and aren’t usually afraid of saying ‘no’ when they aren’t able to do something or fit something into their lives
    Last edited by notdavidlynch; 10-07-2019 at 02:11 AM.

Senior Member Tetris Champion notdavidlynch's Avatar
    Type
    INFP
    There's also a smart INTP lady (chemistry degree from CalTech) that I work with a lot who pegged me as INFP when I asked her.