Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Little things you hate that don't deserve their own thread.

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxx View Post
    Leaving work and it's dark out.

It was dark out when I left work last night... but then it was 10 pm.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by jyng1 View Post
    It was dark out when I left work last night... but then it was 10 pm.
    Pipe dream #107: to have a home in the Southern Hemisphere and the Northern Hemisphere.

Type
    intp
    Pipe dream #107: to have a home in the Southern Hemisphere and the Northern Hemisphere.

Think of your carbon footprint Our brand new government has just banned non residents/citizens from buying homes here so it'll have to be some other part of the Southern Hemisphere.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by jyng1 View Post
    Think of your carbon footprint Our brand new government has just banned non residents/citizens from buying homes here so it'll have to be some other part of the Southern Hemisphere.
    South Africa should have done that years ago. They had a bunch of foreigners buying up all the prime housing in prime locations, driving up prices to where anyone earning Rands could never afford them. Similar to certain parts of London now I guess.

Type
    intp
    South Africa should have done that years ago. They had a bunch of foreigners buying up all the prime housing in prime locations, driving up prices to where anyone earning Rands could never afford them. Similar to certain parts of London now I guess.

I think the best guess estimate of foreign buyers was between 3 and 48%. They were going to have a register of foreign buyers... but I guess it's too late now.

Interesting article in the gruniad saying a survey found 85% of MP's in the UK didn't know that money was created each time a bank made a new loan and 70% thought that only central banks could create new money.

Imagine the poor laws that are created when the lawmakers don't know how the magic money tree works? Or that banks are in the business of driving up property values and the creation of new debt grows the economy and increases GDP.

Our Reserve Bank put loan to value ratios on new loans that have restricted the Auckland housing market a little since Christmas (putting the clamps on the banks). The new Government has also indicated exemptions from capital gains tax for private homes will be lifted from having to own it for 2 to having to own it for 5 years (likely to put the brakes on the middle class flippers like the ones in the US that are suspected of causing the 2007 financial crisis).

Interesting to try and get a clearer picture of housing and finance and understand whether the Government can control the market without crashing it and turning the whole economy inside out...

Type
    INTP
    And these are the same clowns who are supposed to steer the UK through Brexit.

Type
    INFJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    People whose sit unnecessarily close to you on the bus when terr are a LOT of empty seats that put some more distance between passengers. What even the fffk.
    stupid pancakes.

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    indiana, arkansas, missouri, oklahoma, and some parts of ohio