Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Female INTP married to male ESTJ for (what seems like) forever. Let me help you.

Type
    INTP

Lightbulb Female INTP married to male ESTJ for (what seems like) forever. Let me help you.

I am damn near three decades into this relationship and so far neither of us has killed the other. On the internet this qualifies me as a professional relationship counselor for this particular type-match. It's a true story. Google it.
    I'm not saying I am good at this or that I have any desire to help you muddle through the the fucking blazing pain and torment that any long-term relationship is destined to become, but I do know stuff. Lots of stuff. You should ask me questions.

Type
    INTP
    ISTJ >>>> ESTJ

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ISTJ >>>> ESTJ
    Me>>>>>>You

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I am damn near three decades into this relationship and so far neither of us has killed the other.
    OTOH, you do have a really beautiful collection of minerals, if my memory serves me well.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevenin View Post
    OTOH, you do have a really beautiful collection of minerals, if my memory serves me well.
    I do. It is one of the things that allows him to keep living and keep me sane....ish.

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    You should ask me questions.
    How did you learn to speak the language of the ESTJ? Do you have to groom your ESTJ? Do you participate in their sky religion?

Is it worth it? How is the sex?
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Osito Polar View Post
    How did you learn to speak the language of the ESTJ? Do you have to groom your ESTJ? Do you participate in their sky religion?

Is it worth it? How is the sex?
    The language was particularly difficult, it seems to consist of a random series of inaudible (very judgmental) grunts and looks, interspersed with loud noises and shouting. None of my magic decoder rings could crack the code. What I have found is that the quieter I am, the louder it gets. The lack of response seems to agitate the beast. On the other hand, if I get loud, it gets louder still. It seems a scientific impossibility to achieve louder than loud, yet repeated testing has verified the results. I have found the best ways to quiet the creature is to feed it or fuck it. It will not be ignored. *sad bunny*
    I do not participate, discuss, or in any way entertain any discussion of their bizarre religious practices, all of which seem to revolve around large gatherings of loud people, and in the case of the male of the species, various measuring devices and posturing.
    It is. Sex. Good. (ESTJ speak)

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ISTJ >>>> ESTJ
    Get outta here.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    Get outta here.
    Best bouncer ever.