Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: Female INTP married to male ESTJ for (what seems like) forever. Let me help you.

  1. #21
    Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    San Francisco, New California Republic
    Posts
    2,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevenin View Post
    She's good at smashing rocks.
    Well, she's good at busting balls anyway.
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

    "When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

    David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Desolation Row
    Posts
    3,942
    Do you think he is better or worse than an ESFJ?

  3. #23
    NC-17 Delilah's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Not Canada
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevenin View Post
    She's good at smashing rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osito Polar View Post
    Well, she's good at busting balls anyway.
    I only bust things if there is the potential of something wonderful inside.

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Would you have preferred him to an ESFJ?
    Oh, god yes. I am not good at dealing with the feelers, it's definitely my weakest link. They actually kind of creep me out and make me very uncomfortable.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Desolation Row
    Posts
    3,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I am not good at dealing with the feelers, it's definitely my weakest link.
    I have a lot of training in that regard.

  5. #25
    Member
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    gone
    Posts
    920
    With four INFJ's in my family, can you imagine what I go through? They think they've trained me to be "more human." Ha! Little do they know…it's all an act. At least my eldest is an INTJ. He's immune to INFJ ministrations even though he's likely to marry his INFJ girlfriend.

  6. #26
    NC-17 Delilah's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Not Canada
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevenin View Post
    With four INFJ's in my family, can you imagine what I go through? They think they've trained me to be "more human." Ha! Little do they know…it's all an act. At least my eldest is an INTJ. He's immune to INFJ ministrations even though he's likely to marry his INFJ girlfriend.
    My two older kids are T's, but the youngest is likely an F. I have no idea how to handle the emotional outbursts, he starts in and I just stare at him, or make jokes. I can tell you from experience the jokes are a bad idea, but apparently staring at him in shock and confusion isn't much better.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Desolation Row
    Posts
    3,942
    I think dating an Extraverted Judging type might actually be a good idea for an INTP, because it's easy to figure out what they want and expect. (and yes, mutual attraction also matters.) I think I'd rather deal with Inferior Ti than Inferior Fi, though, which seems to manifest itself most commonly by blathering about strong religious values and how everyone is damned to hell for abandoning them. ESTJs seem the most likely to engage in that kind of thing, although they probably don't all do it.

  8. #28
    Member
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    gone
    Posts
    920
    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I think dating an Extraverted Judging type might actually be a good idea for an INTP, because it's easy to figure out what they want and expect. (and yes, mutual attraction also matters.) I think I'd rather deal with Inferior Ti than Inferior Fi, though, which seems to manifest itself most commonly by blathering about strong religious values and how everyone is damned to hell for abandoning them. ESTJs seem the most likely to engage in that kind of thing, although they probably don't all do it.
    You end up with whom you end up. And, if you're lucky, you're crazy about each other (and it stays that way regardless of MBTI).

  9. #29
    Banned
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Desolation Row
    Posts
    3,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevenin View Post
    You end up with whom you end up. And, if you're lucky, you're crazy about each other (and it stays that way regardless of MBTI).
    I try to remember to keep that in mind too, alongside my bullshit theorizing.

  10. #30
    NC-17 Delilah's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Not Canada
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevenin View Post
    You end up with whom you end up. And, if you're lucky, you're crazy about each other (and it stays that way regardless of MBTI).
    Yes, I wouldn't use MBTI as a basis for choosing a mate but it can be helpful in dealing with their bullshit and them with mine, and I come with A LOT of bullshit.
    You're using big words right now that you don't know the meaning of and you're capitalizing them. You shouldn't do that. ~Osito

Similar Threads

  1. INTP + INTP couples
    By JollyBard in forum Inter-Type Relationships
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 05-15-2016, 03:33 AM
  2. Female Characters in Video Games
    By Ptah in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-31-2014, 08:10 PM
  3. Female characters in video games
    By gator in forum Rants, Raves & Hot Air
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-02-2014, 09:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •