Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: US Internment Camps: Why not?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Type
    intp
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,432

    US Internment Camps: Why not?

    General Wesley Clark advocates internment camps for "radicalized" Americans

    The coffin containing American democracy is pretty much just made of nails at this point. This general isn't just some ex-military crackpot either, he's been fairly active in the past presidential campaign, and was a strong Hillary Clinton supporter. I was curious about this, so I did a few searches, and holy shit, this Jade Helm stuff isn't just crazy conspiracy theorists. They're mainly the ones talking about it, but the actual facts that they're citing are frightening alone even without speculation.

    New York National Guard conducts training at simulated detainee facility as fears of internment camps in America continue to rise

    Why are the only people talking about this the far right? If this happened in many other countries they'd have a fucking revolution by now and give the government a chance to get some real hands-on experience rather than just play pretend.

  2. #2
    a fool on a journey pensive_pilgrim's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,477
    Well we've already got an absolutely huge portion of our population imprisoned for victimless "crimes". I don't know why we'd need to change the model and have more secrecy if we really wanted to do more of this, although I can't imagine why. "Radicalized" Americans can already be declared terrorists and locked up just fine, and it doesn't look there are large populations of these threatening federal hegemony. It's incredibly easy to convince the public that we should hate them and want even harsher things done to them, just put someone in prison and call him a criminal and most will stop seeing him as human.

    Also, your sources seem to be written by people who don't understand that "prison guard" is a normal job to have in pretty much any modern military.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Makers!*'s Avatar
    Type
    XXXX
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Blackfeet Country
    Posts
    1,499
    With the proliferation of the internet and Netflix it's much easier to keep people interned inside their own homes.

  4. #4
    was here.. LordLatch's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7,142
    INTPx Award Winner
    I'll die from beheading in fema camp. I'm on that list six ways from Sunday.
    This just in: I'm accepting all friend requests too unless you're a fricken jerk and I can't stand your existence and inane drivel. If that's the case, then I'll accept your friend request so I can keep an eye on your ass unless you don't hold any interest for me; then only the threat of keeping my eye on you stands. feces

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Type
    intp
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,432
    Quote Originally Posted by pathogenetic_peripatetic View Post
    Well we've already got an absolutely huge portion of our population imprisoned for victimless "crimes". I don't know why we'd need to change the model and have more secrecy if we really wanted to do more of this, although I can't imagine why. "Radicalized" Americans can already be declared terrorists and locked up just fine, and it doesn't look there are large populations of these threatening federal hegemony. It's incredibly easy to convince the public that we should hate them and want even harsher things done to them, just put someone in prison and call him a criminal and most will stop seeing him as human.

    Also, your sources seem to be written by people who don't understand that "prison guard" is a normal job to have in pretty much any modern military.
    They're not changing the model so much as expanding it. Guantanamo Bay has been a good prototype, now they're getting ready to open up similar sites across the US. I have no doubt that the powers that be have considered full well the possibility of mass uprisings in the event that some natural or economic disaster occurs. Why else have the police been getting so militarized? These would be built for the purpose of detaining thousands of people at a time.

    Quote Originally Posted by LordLatch View Post
    I'll die from beheading in fema camp. I'm on that list six ways from Sunday.
    Not FEMA camps, actual "detention centers". Check out the photos in the second link.

  6. #6
    The Experience Catoptric's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    1187 at Hundertwasser
    Posts
    4,724
    INTPx Award Winner
    I find it kind of odd that Clark would suggest this, when he just recently reported we created ISIS/ISIL? Is he of the opinion that we need false organizations to counteract the "inevitable" confrontation, or that perhaps an outbreak of chaos (planned with "necessary" world population reduction?) would set the stage for establishing said camps (which already exist and are ready?) for a greater blanketed threat towards the reality of it occurring as planned?

    U.S. General: West Created ISIS

    He might have just been giving a generic statement, similar to how Al Qaeda was started by us as well. . .

    The worst shit immaginable is always planned well in advance, and is not exclusive to that planned by "the enemy." The enemy is just a convenient phrase for people being used to oppose life, in favor of their own self-preservation identity (country, family, background, bullshit afterlife fantasy.)

  7. #7
    Senior Member Makers!*'s Avatar
    Type
    XXXX
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Blackfeet Country
    Posts
    1,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Lud View Post
    They're not changing the model so much as expanding it. Guantanamo Bay has been a good prototype, now they're getting ready to open up similar sites across the US. I have no doubt that the powers that be have considered full well the possibility of mass uprisings in the event that some natural or economic disaster occurs. Why else have the police been getting so militarized? These would be built for the purpose of detaining thousands of people at a time.
    A lot of the police militarization is the result of the Fed selling off its military surplus from a 10 year war to local and state governments. Setting up detainment camps seems like a pretty standard Military police training procedure. In the event there was a natural or economic disaster, martial law is needed to maintain stability. Otherwise, you'll have hoopleheads, who probably should be detained, running around all over the place looting the remaining resources, which you'd need a strong government force to redistribute. People, especially those who've spent their whole lives blissfully unprepared, should probably be thankful for that.

    The general's comments are stupid, though. If anything like he proposes actually happened outside the event of natural or economic disaster, I'd hope the media would jump on it. Guatanamo, alone, received and still receives heavy criticism. Opening more like it is not good politics, at least I wouldn't think. Americans do due tend to live in a false climate of fear, making such measures not unforeseeable.

  8. #8
    was here.. LordLatch's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7,142
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lud View Post
    Not FEMA camps, actual "detention centers". Check out the photos in the second link.
    What it says on the sign outside the razor wire is irrelevant. It could say:

    Detention center
    FEMA camp
    taco stand
    Wal-Mart
    This just in: I'm accepting all friend requests too unless you're a fricken jerk and I can't stand your existence and inane drivel. If that's the case, then I'll accept your friend request so I can keep an eye on your ass unless you don't hold any interest for me; then only the threat of keeping my eye on you stands. feces

  9. #9
    a fool on a journey pensive_pilgrim's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Lud View Post
    They're not changing the model so much as expanding it. Guantanamo Bay has been a good prototype, now they're getting ready to open up similar sites across the US. I have no doubt that the powers that be have considered full well the possibility of mass uprisings in the event that some natural or economic disaster occurs. Why else have the police been getting so militarized? These would be built for the purpose of detaining thousands of people at a time.
    We don't need gitmo as a model, we've been locking up shitloads of people for decades. You know what's better than locking up thousands of people in response to mass uprisings? Locking up a few people with the potential to initiate mass uprisings before they ever get the chance. Just say they're pedophiles or something and nobody will have a problem with it.

  10. #10
    singularity precursor Limey's Avatar
    Type
    INTJ
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Mid Atlantic USA
    Posts
    5,842
    INTPx Award Winner
    hmm, it would be a good strategy to make the NRA/Christian right fearful of losing their guns if the Muslim extremist threat is used as a cover for legislation and/or an amendment. Threaten to take automatic and semi automatic rifles away, so that they react by preventing the muslim problem that they now have in Europe, from spreading to the US.
    I like it.

Similar Threads

  1. Education, Wealth Disparity, and "The Work Camps"
    By Polemarch in forum News, Culture & History
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 06-23-2014, 05:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •