Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: US Internment Camps: Why not?

Type
    intp

US Internment Camps: Why not?

General Wesley Clark advocates internment camps for "radicalized" Americans

The coffin containing American democracy is pretty much just made of nails at this point. This general isn't just some ex-military crackpot either, he's been fairly active in the past presidential campaign, and was a strong Hillary Clinton supporter. I was curious about this, so I did a few searches, and holy shit, this Jade Helm stuff isn't just crazy conspiracy theorists. They're mainly the ones talking about it, but the actual facts that they're citing are frightening alone even without speculation.

New York National Guard conducts training at simulated detainee facility as fears of internment camps in America continue to rise

Why are the only people talking about this the far right? If this happened in many other countries they'd have a fucking revolution by now and give the government a chance to get some real hands-on experience rather than just play pretend.

a fool on a journey pensive_pilgrim's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Well we've already got an absolutely huge portion of our population imprisoned for victimless "crimes". I don't know why we'd need to change the model and have more secrecy if we really wanted to do more of this, although I can't imagine why. "Radicalized" Americans can already be declared terrorists and locked up just fine, and it doesn't look there are large populations of these threatening federal hegemony. It's incredibly easy to convince the public that we should hate them and want even harsher things done to them, just put someone in prison and call him a criminal and most will stop seeing him as human.

Also, your sources seem to be written by people who don't understand that "prison guard" is a normal job to have in pretty much any modern military.

Type
    XXXX
    With the proliferation of the internet and Netflix it's much easier to keep people interned inside their own homes.

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I'll die from beheading in fema camp. I'm on that list six ways from Sunday.
    This just in: I'm accepting all friend requests too unless you're a fricken jerk and I can't stand your existence and inane drivel. If that's the case, then I'll accept your friend request so I can keep an eye on your ass unless you don't hold any interest for me; then only the threat of keeping my eye on you stands. feces

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by pathogenetic_peripatetic View Post
    Well we've already got an absolutely huge portion of our population imprisoned for victimless "crimes". I don't know why we'd need to change the model and have more secrecy if we really wanted to do more of this, although I can't imagine why. "Radicalized" Americans can already be declared terrorists and locked up just fine, and it doesn't look there are large populations of these threatening federal hegemony. It's incredibly easy to convince the public that we should hate them and want even harsher things done to them, just put someone in prison and call him a criminal and most will stop seeing him as human.

Also, your sources seem to be written by people who don't understand that "prison guard" is a normal job to have in pretty much any modern military.
    They're not changing the model so much as expanding it. Guantanamo Bay has been a good prototype, now they're getting ready to open up similar sites across the US. I have no doubt that the powers that be have considered full well the possibility of mass uprisings in the event that some natural or economic disaster occurs. Why else have the police been getting so militarized? These would be built for the purpose of detaining thousands of people at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by LordLatch View Post
    I'll die from beheading in fema camp. I'm on that list six ways from Sunday.
    Not FEMA camps, actual "detention centers". Check out the photos in the second link.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I find it kind of odd that Clark would suggest this, when he just recently reported we created ISIS/ISIL? Is he of the opinion that we need false organizations to counteract the "inevitable" confrontation, or that perhaps an outbreak of chaos (planned with "necessary" world population reduction?) would set the stage for establishing said camps (which already exist and are ready?) for a greater blanketed threat towards the reality of it occurring as planned?

U.S. General: West Created ISIS

He might have just been giving a generic statement, similar to how Al Qaeda was started by us as well. . .

The worst shit immaginable is always planned well in advance, and is not exclusive to that planned by "the enemy." The enemy is just a convenient phrase for people being used to oppose life, in favor of their own self-preservation identity (country, family, background, bullshit afterlife fantasy.)

Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Lud View Post
    They're not changing the model so much as expanding it. Guantanamo Bay has been a good prototype, now they're getting ready to open up similar sites across the US. I have no doubt that the powers that be have considered full well the possibility of mass uprisings in the event that some natural or economic disaster occurs. Why else have the police been getting so militarized? These would be built for the purpose of detaining thousands of people at a time.
    A lot of the police militarization is the result of the Fed selling off its military surplus from a 10 year war to local and state governments. Setting up detainment camps seems like a pretty standard Military police training procedure. In the event there was a natural or economic disaster, martial law is needed to maintain stability. Otherwise, you'll have hoopleheads, who probably should be detained, running around all over the place looting the remaining resources, which you'd need a strong government force to redistribute. People, especially those who've spent their whole lives blissfully unprepared, should probably be thankful for that.

The general's comments are stupid, though. If anything like he proposes actually happened outside the event of natural or economic disaster, I'd hope the media would jump on it. Guatanamo, alone, received and still receives heavy criticism. Opening more like it is not good politics, at least I wouldn't think. Americans do due tend to live in a false climate of fear, making such measures not unforeseeable.

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Not FEMA camps, actual "detention centers". Check out the photos in the second link.
    What it says on the sign outside the razor wire is irrelevant. It could say:

Detention center
    FEMA camp
    taco stand
    Wal-Mart
    This just in: I'm accepting all friend requests too unless you're a fricken jerk and I can't stand your existence and inane drivel. If that's the case, then I'll accept your friend request so I can keep an eye on your ass unless you don't hold any interest for me; then only the threat of keeping my eye on you stands. feces

a fool on a journey pensive_pilgrim's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    We don't need gitmo as a model, we've been locking up shitloads of people for decades. You know what's better than locking up thousands of people in response to mass uprisings? Locking up a few people with the potential to initiate mass uprisings before they ever get the chance. Just say they're pedophiles or something and nobody will have a problem with it.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    hmm, it would be a good strategy to make the NRA/Christian right fearful of losing their guns if the Muslim extremist threat is used as a cover for legislation and/or an amendment. Threaten to take automatic and semi automatic rifles away, so that they react by preventing the muslim problem that they now have in Europe, from spreading to the US.
    I like it.