Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to connect deeply with anyone (in 5 minutes)!!!!!!!!

Married Mouth-breather JohnClay's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Spoiler: Spoiler...
    The cube is yellow and not very shiny. It is about 4 feet along the edge. I’m not sure what it is made of since I am imagining this as a rendered computer graphics scene. I guess the material would be called plastic or rubber. It is straight ahead and fairly close.
    The ladder is red and is leaning on the cube on the left side. It is made of a similar looking material - plastic. Since it is leaning it is slightly taller than the cube so it is a bit longer than 4 feet.
    The horse is brown and is hanging around near the left side of the cube and ladder. It is a normal sized horse and it is looking around and sometimes going to graze even though there is no grass.
    The flowers are medium sized, pink with yellow centres. They are in front of the cube and other objects. There is a bunch of flowers and they are in an area of about 1 square foot. They are also about 1 foot tall. There is no green, just the pink and yellow of the flowers. On second thoughts the stems are probably green.
    The storm is behind the objects. It is small and fairly close. It doesn’t affect any of the objects and isn’t moving.

I wasn't open to weird ideas. I imagined the cube in the way that was most familiar to me - as part of the CGI rendered scene.

I don't think anyone would deeply connect with me at all because on my response. "It’s an incredible tool for getting to know someone" ?

When I was thinking it up I imagined turning to the side and being in my chair and having things appear right in front of me.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I finally read how to interpret it. I was thinking of the size of abstract statues I've seen in choosing the size of the cube. Also, I wanted it to stand out to a certain extent so I can see it decently and I wanted to take advantage of the vast space of the desert that I was given to work with so I didn't want it right next to me. The ladder leaning on the cube is kind of a "work in progress" thing and works are most often not in progress which I think is why I didn't have it leaning on the cube. I don't know why I made the storm inconsequential and far.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

Type
    iNtP
    Idaho... this sometimes changes withought planning...
    INTPx Award Winner
    Spoiler: cube things
    Your first task is to describe the cube. What does it look like? How large is it? What is it made of? Where exactly is it?

*the cube is about three stories tall and made of large, smooth logs... one corner is sunken into the sand, and the angle between the upper most corner to the buried one is perfectly perpendicular to the ground...

As you look at the desert and your cube, you notice there is also a ladder. Your second task (there are just five) is to describe the ladder. What is it made of? How big is it? Where is it, in relation to the cube?

*the ladder is made of rope and hangs down from the uppermost corner of the cube... between the two hanging ropes are wooden slats that makeup the individual rungs... unlike the logs, the slats are stained and finished...

Now imagine that in the scene there is a horse. (Yes, horse. I didn’t say this desert made sense). Your third task: describe the horse. Most importantly: where is the horse, and what is it doing? Where, if anywhere, is it going?

*the horse is inside the cube... it is a black arabian mare... it's mane is braided into dozen's of small braids... daisies are woven in each braid creating a carpet of flowers on it's left side...

We’re nearly there now. In the scene before you are flowers. Your penultimate task: describe the flowers. How many are there? What do they look like? Where are they, in relation to the horse, cube, ladder and sand?

*the ladder leads into the sand... where the bottom corner of the cube ought to be buried is a cement ring that extends forty feet into the sand... the ladder ends three feet below water... the water stretches out thirty feet or more in any given direction... at the edges of the water are thousands of daisies... the chamber below forms a circle with a hundred and fifty foot diameter... there are echoes of water dripping, though the source is hidden...

Final question. In the desert there is a storm. Describe the storm. What type of storm is it? Is it near, or far? What direction is it headed? Does it affect the horse, flowers, cube or ladder?

*the storm is intense... there are seven large funnels dancing their way closer to the cube... lightning flashes between and out of the funnels... the sand being thrown from the funnels is capable of stripping the flesh from bone in less than a minute... it is hard to say how tall the funnels are... it looks as though it is several miles to the top... the storm frightens the horse, so it jumps into the pool of water below creating a large splash... it hides against the wall of the chamber and eats a flower... when the storm passes, the cube isn't destroyed, but interesting patterns are etched into the wood (in places deep grooves were cut)... the lightning formed masses of glass weighing several tons where it touches the sand near the cube... the ladder however was torn away, presumably eaten by the sand...
    Last edited by Obfuscate; 01-08-2017 at 07:09 PM.
    "The vanity of intelligence is that the intelligent man is often more committed to 'one-upping' his opponent than being truthful. When the idea of intelligence, rather than intelligence itself, becomes a staple, there is no wisdom in it."
    Criss Jami

"When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion."
    "Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving."
    Dale Carnegie

Type
    INTP
    lol @Dot this thread

Spoiler: mine

that plus a rubix cube
    Too bad, Lady Une. You were far too lenient.
    As a soldier, yes. But as a civilian I lived an austere life.

facta non verba interprétation erronée's Avatar
    Type
    INxx
    I connect with people telepathically. In high school I used to play this number game, with cards. I'd give people a deck of cards and ask them to look at the cards and I'd look them in the eyes as they did and tell them the exact answer corresponding to the number on the cards. I usually got to about 6 in a row. The running joke was that I was looking at the reflection in their eyes. But in reality I wasn't. Just kidding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    Jan Bonclay
    “If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.” ― Malcolm X