Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Windows 10 ... do you have your update, and if so, what do you think?

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Windows 10 is, at its core, a tablet operating system. I tried for about 2 weeks before I ran back to Windows 7 with my tail between my legs. Between all the Metro background non-sense hogging all my RAM in the background of applications, and not having drivers to certain hardware (my samsung SSD didn't have drivers to work with windows 10), I hated it.

Granted that was a few years back when I first gave it a go -- Maybe I'll try it out again in the near future to see if some of the kinks have been worked out. I also didn't switch from Windows XP until I was practically forced, despite giving Vista multiple chances prior to the release of Windows 7.
    They got rid of the forced metro thing. You can opt in or out of that now.
    I don't think windows 7 has directX 12, so if you are a gamer, that could cause some graphics issues.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Third update in three or four days. Am I the only one who got a major Windows update within the last few days?
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.