Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who were you in your past lives?

Type
    XXXX

Who were you in your past lives?

Don't believe in reincarnation? check out these links.

Top 10 reasons for reincarnation

Famous quotes on reincarnation

Past life birthmarks

Even if you remain unconvinced, have fun. Postulate. Who or what do you think you might have been in your past lives?

Spoiler:
    A red tail hawk, a spanish priest, a blackfoot indian, a confederate guerilla
    Last edited by Makers!*; 08-03-2015 at 04:32 PM.

Type
    INTP
    Bobby Brown

Type
    INTP
    I've had a sense for a long time that in a past life I was a woman...black, I think...and in that life I had a lot of children...I got the sense that in that life I experienced the essence of motherhood...and perhaps I was a midwife of sorts, or I lived in a community where all the women served a sort of midwifery role to one another.

...could be entirely imagined, though. I have done a lot of research on past lives and reincarnation which has certainly filled my mind with plenty of material with which to craft elaborate narratives.

I suppose that whether it is simply a product of one's sub-conscious, or if it were a real phenomenon, one could still derive some sort of self knowledge or insight by analyzing the narrative.
    ...the origin of emotional sickness lay in people’s belief that they were their personalities...
    "The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." ~Carl Jung

Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Robcore View Post
    I've had a sense for a long time that in a past life I was a woman...black, I think...and in that life I had a lot of children...I got the sense that in that life I experienced the essence of motherhood...and perhaps I was a midwife of sorts, or I lived in a community where all the women served a sort of midwifery role to one another.

...could be entirely imagined, though. I have done a lot of research on past lives and reincarnation which has certainly filled my mind with plenty of material with which to craft elaborate narratives.

I suppose that whether it is simply a product of one's sub-conscious, or if it were a real phenomenon, one could still derive some sort of self knowledge or insight by analyzing the narrative.
    Taken from top 10 reasons for reincarnation

Interviewing just over 1,000 subjects over a ten year period, she [Dr. Wambach] asked each person about their gender, race, economic status and other often mundane specifics of their daily past lives as they recalled them in 500 B.C, the 1st century A.D., 500 A.D. and 1500 A.D. What Dr. Wambach’s data found was that the information she obtained proved to be remarkably consistent with what demographers know of the ancient past. For instance, as the majority of Dr. Wambach’s subjects were women (by about a 3-to-1 ratio) and working from the premise that most people would be unlikely to imagine themselves to have been a member of the opposite sex, there should have been a disproportionately higher number of individuals remembering themselves to have been females rather than males in a past life. Instead, she was surprised to find a large number of women remembering past lives as a man (along with a smaller number of men remembering past lives as women) that when tallied resulted in a biologically accurate 50/50 ratio of men to women throughout every time period recorded. If these ‘memories’ were based upon pure imagination, such a consistent male/female ratio should be impossible to achieve, suggesting a high number of authentic past life memories existed within her sampling.

DOA Space Invaders Champion Neville's Avatar
    Type
    Taur
    I don't even know who I am in this life and now I'm supposed to know who I was in past lives?
    “Then there you lie like the one warm spark in the heart of an arctic crystal.”

Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by ent View Post
    I don't even know who I am in this life and now I'm supposed to know who I was in past lives?
    I suggest a vision quest

A traditional Native American vision quest consists of a person spending one to four days and nights secluded in nature. This provides time for deep communion with the fundamental forces and spiritual energies of creation and self-identity. During this time of intense spiritual communication a person can receive profound insight into themselves and the world. This insight, typically in the form of a dream of Vision, relates directly to their purpose and destiny in life.

Some kind of slave or peon like at least 3 billion times.
    Last edited by flurps; 08-03-2015 at 05:52 AM.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    I was also a slave, but in nineteenth century North America (and long after Britain had abolished it). I know this because I can identify with the struggle. I've known the struggle, I can feel it in my bones, older than these cells and this, no-melatonin, or ass having body.

Trans-black all the way.

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    I was also a slave, but in nineteenth century North America (and long after Britain had abolished it). I know this because I can identify with the struggle. I've known the struggle, I can feel it in my bones, older than these cells and this, no-melatonin, or ass having body.
    I think you should sing about it. Or talk about it rhythmically to a dope beat.
    This just in: I'm accepting all friend requests too unless you're a fricken jerk and I can't stand your existence and inane drivel. If that's the case, then I'll accept your friend request so I can keep an eye on your ass unless you don't hold any interest for me; then only the threat of keeping my eye on you stands. feces