Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ...curious is all.

facta non verba interprétation erronée's Avatar
    Type
    INxx

...curious is all.

You people are beautiful people. I want to understand you better. By the way, thank you to everyone for contributing their thoughts for me to read. From your thoughts there is much learnings to gain about life. But l sometimes wonder, "Why do they all say what they do as they do?" What initiates your thoughts and is it easy or difficult for you to write about them (popular contributors feel free to chime in)? If so, why? If not, why? What does communication with other members give you? What does exchange of information do for you? Why have you chosen to adhere to the cooperative principles of this internet community and why do some not? Are you all authentically representing yourselves for who you really are? Are any of your phonies (reveal yourselves)? Could you all share something humorously idiosyncratic about yourselves (perfectionism, slothfulness, sexiness, intemperance, stupidity, etc.)? What are your favorite foods i.e. mexican food, pizza, rat turds , etc.? What, if anything, prescribes the moral code you live by i.e. religion, nothing, something else, etc.? What are you personal standards of what is valuable and important? Are you green, blue, polkadot; what is your ethnicity? What in your collection of painful experiences have helped you change as a person in a positive way? Do you engage in accountability for your actions and why? What medications are you taking? What is the condition of your emotional well being? Why does my uncle insist that the U.S. did not land on the moon and did we, why?

I share about myself if you share first. I just want to get to know you, curious is all.

Last edited by interprétation erronée; 05-27-2016 at 05:07 AM.

Type
    INXX
    I am a lab rat!

I will give an extensive answer after I procrastinate. Also, welcome!
    Stand clear of the closing doors, please.

Type
    INxx
    *peels and nibbles on a banana whilst waiting*
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    Jan Bonclay
    “If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.” ― Malcolm X

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    This forum affords me something that is hard for me to have in meatspace. I can interact with people without feeling drained by it--because it's interaction that doesn't feel like it comes from behind a mask.

I know, that probably seems ironic, and depending on how you interpret the idea, it is. I'm not saying I'm never guarded, though I rarely am as guarded as I might be with physical presence involved. I am saying that in my normal interactions with people, at the end of the day, when I reflect on my behavior, and sometimes in the act itself, I become aware of how the person I was out there was a face I was wearing. It's a cosmetic image I've pasted on top of myself. Sometimes that really bothers me.

Here, possibly because the anonymity is sort of built in, I don't end up with that same strange stress. My fugue states produce things that make me laugh later, rather than groan. I like that. It's nice.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INFP
    give me 9 hours - I have to get ready for real life. Great questions and intro - thanks for calling me beautiful You're a beautiful wonderful curious person too!

in the meantime let me try to translate your signature from my memories of high school French. "We do not conform to the present era, but must transform for the renovation (?) of the mind, after which we can discern what is the volition of God, which is good, agreeable, and perfect."

close? ish??
    Last edited by Blorg; 08-12-2015 at 04:20 AM. Reason: 9

Type
    INTP
    Welcome, curious one.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    While we're going meta, why would someone write "much learnings". Nobody is that foreign!

Type
    INxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    While we're going meta, why would someone write "much learnings". Nobody is that foreign!
    "Learnings" may sound funny and look ungrammatical to you but parallel constructions of pluralized action words such as "teachings" and "findings" are actually commonplace and so that proves something ... also I use it all the time so by that fact it is entering into common use and you should welcome it to liven up your vocabulary a bit.
    Jan Bonclay
    “If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.” ― Malcolm X

Type
    INxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    give me 9 hours - I have to get ready for real life. Great questions and intro - thanks for calling me beautiful You're a beautiful wonderful curious person too!

in the meantime let me try to translate your signature from my memories of high school French. "We do not conform to the present era, but must transform for the renovation (?) of the mind, after which we can discern what is the volition of God, which is good, agreeable, and perfect."

close? ish??
    I like that you translated my quote using learnings from high school French. I enjoy this quote as well "People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." How absurd is that because the more you know the more you should know that you don't know what is to be known.

I remember an incident as a youngster when I was with my family. We visited a hamburger shack with outside seating. I waited whilst Dad ordered the food and then we grabbed our to-go order and headed for the vehicle. After we all piled in I saw my Dad's face grow angry as he sat in the drivers seat looking out his window. Back in the outside seating area there was a man motioning toward us. My Dad had taken offense and so began slowly driving away when the man began frantically motioning toward us. My Dad pulled to a complete stop and rushed out the vehicle to confront the hostile turning back to say "Wait here." Just then he realized our burgers were on the top of the van and the other man was just trying to help us.
    Last edited by interprétation erronée; 08-12-2015 at 03:12 PM.
    Jan Bonclay

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Je suis très curieux View Post
    "Learnings" may sound funny and look ungrammatical to you but parallel constructions of pluralized action words such as "teachings" and "findings" are actually commonplace and so that proves something ... also I use it all the time so by that fact it is entering into common use and you should welcome it to liven up your vocabulary a bit.
    les goûts ne sont pas à discuter
    "All my heroes are dead" - John Zorn

"It's not selfish if you hate yourself"