INTP

Watson Personality Insights

https://watson-pi-demo.mybluemix.net/

Go on. You know you want to :P

Mens bona regnum possidet ferrus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Three different results using blog posts:

You are a bit compulsive, somewhat indirect and skeptical.

You are laid-back: you appreciate a relaxed pace in life. You are intermittent: you have a hard time sticking with difficult tasks for a long period of time. And you are unconcerned with art: you are less concerned with artistic or creative activities than most people who participated in our surveys.

Your choices are driven by a desire for well-being.

You are relatively unconcerned with taking pleasure in life: you prefer activities with a purpose greater than just personal enjoyment. You consider helping others to guide a large part of what you do: you think it is important to take care of the people around you.

You are self-conscious: you are sensitive about what others might be thinking about you. You are intermittent: you have a hard time sticking with difficult tasks for a long period of time. And you are unconcerned with art: you are less concerned with artistic or creative activities than most people who participated in our surveys.

You are relatively unconcerned with both taking pleasure in life and independence. You prefer activities with a purpose greater than just personal enjoyment. And you welcome when others direct your activities for you.

You are susceptible to stress: you are easily overwhelmed in stressful situations. You are self-conscious: you are sensitive about what others might be thinking about you. And you are unconcerned with art: you are less concerned with artistic or creative activities than most people who participated in our surveys.

You are relatively unconcerned with both taking pleasure in life and independence. You prefer activities with a purpose greater than just personal enjoyment. And you welcome when others direct your activities for you.
    I took 7000 words from various posts and got:

You are guarded, somewhat critical and can be perceived as inconsiderate.

You are unconcerned with art: you are less concerned with artistic or creative activities than most people who participated in our surveys. You are intermittent: you have a hard time sticking with difficult tasks for a long period of time. And you are empathetic: you feel what others feel and are compassionate towards them.

You are relatively unconcerned with both tradition and taking pleasure in life. You care more about making your own path than following what others have done. And you prefer activities with a purpose greater than just personal enjoyment.
    GAH, I agree with the title of this article: Watson Says I Hate Art. Now I Hate Watson.

Also...
    Last edited by ferrus; 08-19-2015 at 10:30 AM.
    Die Logik ist keine Lehre, sondern ein Spiegelbild der Welt. Die Logik ist transcendental. - Wittgenstein

-
    Type
    xxxx
    You are unconventional.

You are empathetic: you feel what others feel and are compassionate towards them. You are independent: you have a strong desire to have time to yourself. And you are unconcerned with art: you are less concerned with artistic or creative activities than most people who participated in our surveys.

You consider independence to guide a large part of what you do: you like to set your own goals to decide how to best achieve them. You are relatively unconcerned with tradition: you care more about making your own path than following what others have done.
    Eh?

Just about every sentence in that "analysis" was off.

Take two:

You are sentimental.

You are empathetic: you feel what others feel and are compassionate towards them. You are calm-seeking: you prefer activities that are quiet, calm, and safe. And you are independent: you have a strong desire to have time to yourself.

You consider helping others to guide a large part of what you do: you think it is important to take care of the people around you. You are relatively unconcerned with achieving success: you make decisions with little regard for how they show off your talents.
    I suppose I should really stop dishing out unwanted advice in my PM's.

-
    Type
    xxxx
    The longest English text I have on my computer is my translation of the first few pages of Grillparzer's autobiography. The result:

You are genial and generous.

You are empathetic: you feel what others feel and are compassionate towards them. You are calm-seeking: you prefer activities that are quiet, calm, and safe. And you are confident: you are hard to embarrass and are self-confident most of the time.

You are motivated to seek out experiences that provide a strong feeling of connectedness.

You are relatively unconcerned with achieving success: you make decisions with little regard for how they show off your talents. You consider helping others to guide a large part of what you do: you think it is important to take care of the people around you.
    Well, from what we know of the man, this seems to be mostly accurate.

Now we know... Asteroids Champion ACow's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Just copying wordy posts from my blog, i get:

You are a bit compulsive and excitable.

You are intermittent: you have a hard time sticking with difficult tasks for a long period of time. You are empathetic: you feel what others feel and are compassionate towards them. And you are proud: you hold yourself in high regard, satisfied with who you are.

Your choices are driven by a desire for connectedness.

You are relatively unconcerned with tradition: you care more about making your own path than following what others have done. You consider helping others to guide a large part of what you do: you think it is important to take care of the people around you.
    I pasted the intro and outro to the manual of one of my projects that I wrote, and it gave me this:

You are shrewd and skeptical.

You are independent: you have a strong desire to have time to yourself. You are authority-challenging: you prefer to challenge authority and traditional values to help bring about positive changes. And you are philosophical: you are open to and intrigued by new ideas and love to explore them.

You are motivated to seek out experiences that provide a strong feeling of prestige.

You are relatively unconcerned with tradition: you care more about making your own path than following what others have done. You consider independence to guide a large part of what you do: you like to set your own goals to decide how to best achieve them.
    PS: It also says I don't like art :P

Type
    INTP
    If I paste stuff from my blog stuff in there.

You are a bit compulsive, somewhat shortsighted and somber.

You are fiery: you have a fiery temper, especially when things do not go your way. You are prone to worry: you tend to worry about things that might happen. And you are unconcerned with art: you are less concerned with artistic or creative activities than most people who participated in our surveys.

Your choices are driven by a desire for efficiency.

You consider helping others to guide a large part of what you do: you think it is important to take care of the people around you. You are relatively unconcerned with taking pleasure in life: you prefer activities with a purpose greater than just personal enjoyment.

Spoiler: Personality Data - It seems to think I'm extremely emotional, but don't need to express myself.
    Big 5

Openness 9%
    Adventurousness 1%
    Artistic interests 0%
    Emotionality 80%
    Imagination 5%
    Intellect 20%
    Authority-challenging 58%

Conscientiousness 1%
    Achievement striving 9%
    Cautiousness 17%
    Dutifulness 16%
    Orderliness 97%
    Self-discipline 0%
    Self-efficacy 1%

Extraversion 14%
    Activity level 47%
    Assertiveness 63%
    Cheerfulness 37%
    Excitement-seeking 66%
    Outgoing 9%
    Gregariousness 18%

Agreeableness 60%
    Altruism 4%
    Cooperation 13%
    Modesty 68%
    Uncompromising 61%
    Sympathy 83%
    Trust 13%

Emotional range 100%
    Fiery 100%
    Prone to worry 100%
    Melancholy 100%
    Immoderation 92%
    Self-consciousness 100%
    Susceptible to stress 100%

Needs
    Challenge 5%
    Closeness 32%
    Curiosity 25%
    Excitement 49%
    Harmony 96%
    Ideal 6%
    Liberty 62%
    Love 94%
    Practicality 100%
    Self-expression 0%
    Stability 21%
    Structure 4%

Values
    Conservation 45%
    Openness to change 26%
    Hedonism 21%
    Self-enhancement 30%
    Self-transcendence 85%

Type
    INTP
    From scraping up many posts here:

You are inner-directed and skeptical.

You are independent: you have a strong desire to have time to yourself. You are reserved: you are a private person and don't let many people in. And you are philosophical: you are open to and intrigued by new ideas and love to explore them.

You are motivated to seek out experiences that provide a strong feeling of efficiency.

You are relatively unconcerned with both tradition and taking pleasure in life. You care more about making your own path than following what others have done. And you prefer activities with a purpose greater than just personal enjoyment.
    I submitted a second selection of my emoticon haikus

PLEASE MAKE IT STOP! <Error 401: System Failure>
    which I thought was also pretty accurate

Type
    INTP
    I entered:

I'm far too lazy to enter the 3500 words your analysis would like at a minimum. In fact, it will be a stretch to manage the 100 word absolute minimum.

I shall have to resort to inane small talk that the general populace uses for trite interactions.

As such, I am fine, thanks for asking. I did not do anything interesting this weekend (well, I did things that interested me, but you would find them boring, and since your question is rhetorical, it's best just to move on).

Yes, the weather is fine. The forecast is for rain this weekend though. Indeed, it has been nice talking to you, see you around.
    I got:

You are boisterous.

You are assertive: you tend to speak up and take charge of situations, and you are comfortable leading groups. You are intermittent: you have a hard time sticking with difficult tasks for a long period of time. And you are laid-back: you appreciate a relaxed pace in life.

You consider achieving success to guide a large part of what you do: you seek out opportunities to improve yourself and demonstrate that you are a capable person. You are relatively unconcerned with tradition: you care more about making your own path than following what others have done.
    That analysis is contains a few surprisingly accurate assessments (although it's off on the boisterous/success angle). So maybe if I ponied up 6K words it might do pretty well. Alas, guilty as charged, I am intermittent and rarely stick with difficult tasks for a long period of time.

Type
    INTP
    I copy-pasted a bunch of blog posts to get ~5000 words. I'll let you all decide how accurate this is:

You are sentimental, somewhat compulsive and can be perceived as indirect.

You are empathetic: you feel what others feel and are compassionate towards them. You are unconcerned with art: you are less concerned with artistic or creative activities than most people who participated in our surveys. And you are uncompromising: you think it is wrong to take advantage of others to get ahead.

You consider helping others to guide a large part of what you do: you think it is important to take care of the people around you. You are relatively unconcerned with achieving success: you make decisions with little regard for how they show off your talents.

Type
    xxxx
    put in a cynical analysis of social media, my dream about dancing with evil bernie sanders, and a couple of blog-like emails i wrote my bf during various times being out of the country

You are a bit compulsive and unpretentious.

You are intermittent: you have a hard time sticking with difficult tasks for a long period of time. You are empathetic: you feel what others feel and are compassionate towards them. And you are fiery: you have a fiery temper, especially when things do not go your way.

You are relatively unconcerned with tradition: you care more about making your own path than following what others have done. You consider achieving success to guide a large part of what you do: you seek out opportunities to improve yourself and demonstrate that you are a capable person.