View Poll Results: What types are an INTP female's "ideal" match?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

5 23.81%
  • INTJ

5 23.81%
  • INFP

6 28.57%
  • INFJ

4 19.05%
  • ISTP

1 4.76%
  • ISTJ

1 4.76%
  • ISFP

1 4.76%
  • ISFJ

1 4.76%
  • ENTP

8 38.10%
  • ENTJ

5 23.81%
  • ENFP

5 23.81%
  • ENFJ

2 9.52%
  • ESTP

0 0%
  • ESTJ

1 4.76%
  • ESFP

1 4.76%
  • ESFJ

2 9.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Ideal" match for an INTP female

Type
    INTP

"Ideal" romantic matches for an INTP female

You can select more than one. Please share your reasoning.
    Last edited by baccheion; 08-30-2015 at 08:54 AM.

Type
    xxxx
    no one. seriously

Type
    INTP
    ENTJs are amazing. They seem as if they have their shit together, trust in you to get your shit together (and tell you so), and they're full of intellectual capabilities and confidence that are amazing. Okay, maybe it's just me and my friend. But seriously, the charisma that ENTJs have is kind of comforting for little awkward INTPs? No?

ENTPs would totally be my 2nd choice if we had a second vote. Their dominant Ne is nothing to look down on and I absolutely admire their outgoing-ness and spontaneity and brains. But my other best friend is ENTP so I might be a bit biased there.

Also "Ideal" match is a bit open? Like, is it a romantic, sexual, queerplatonic, intellectual etc. match?
    Sometimes I believe in as many as six impossible things before breakfast.

Type
    INtP
    @MidnightRune Eh, well... You could have chosen all of them. I demand a recount/revote!

Oh, and though I haven't looked at MBTI in forever, I'd still go for an INFJ. Their craft is spellbinding.
    The idea that there is more is essential to our humanity.

Type
    INTP
    Most modern type practitioners recommend the INTP-INFJ combination for various theoretical reasons, and in practice it is observed to work very well. Drenth/Personality Junkie has this relationship as do I. On a pure type basis I can verify that it is probably ideal. This presupposes however the more common INTP-male, INFJ-female variant, the opposite is more rare, and while I haven't known anybody in this kind of heterosexual relationship I've heard the rumor that INTP females are not so attracted to INFJ males. I do happen to know an INTP female (long time friend) who is gay, and we believe her partner might be an INFJ, so that's one variation that could work. So as a first approximation you can consider the INFJ male.

Barring that you'd want to look at other NF's. Again the current research believes that NF's pair best with NT's, and SP's with SJ's. Again this is due to sound reasoning and correlates with the research of couples in practice. So what other NF's might work? I think we can strike out the INFP as being too similar to the INTP, leaving the ENFJ and ENFP. I'm sure I've known ENFJ's but I haven't been good at identifying them, but this would theoretically be the best of the two. I have known a number of ENFP's, and can believe that this would be an excellent combination.

So based on my experience I'd try INFJ first, ENFP second, ENFJ third, and I wouldn't touch the SJ's with a ten foot penis.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Hombre.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

-
    Type
    xxxx
    The best relationship I've had was with an ESFP. We were like two sides of a coin. There were no deep, philosophical conversations but I didn't mind that at all – I could outsource those to my friends. We had music, poetry and a hankering for the good things in life as a common denominator and that was more than enough.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sappho View Post
    The best relationship I've had was with an ESFP. We were like two sides of a coin. There were no deep, philosophical conversations but I didn't mind that at all – I could outsource those to my friends. We had music, poetry and a hankering for the good things in life as a common denominator and that was more than enough.
    I was going to mention that in the S crowd I've always had great compatibility with the ESFP and ISFP. For a serious relationship I think the volatility and sociability of the ESFP would be too much (my mother was an ESFP), but my present best friend is an INFP. My INFJ wife calls him my 'man crush'.

Type
    xxxx
    i think we're too rare to be preferred by anybody. sometimes other people (?) don't realize they've struck gold when they find us, when we're available and feel like eating them back.

my autocorrect changed dating to eating and that's a lot funnier.

Type
    INTP
    I don't think there is an ideal type for all INTPs. What types you get along with is going to depend a lot on how strong your different functions are. An ENTP might be a great match for a less introverted INTP but I could only handle another introvert in a long term relationship. I can compromise on a lot of things but having to spend a significant chunk of time around other people isn't one of them.