View Poll Results: What types are an INTP female's "ideal" match?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

5 23.81%
  • INTJ

5 23.81%
  • INFP

6 28.57%
  • INFJ

4 19.05%
  • ISTP

1 4.76%
  • ISTJ

1 4.76%
  • ISFP

1 4.76%
  • ISFJ

1 4.76%
  • ENTP

8 38.10%
  • ENTJ

5 23.81%
  • ENFP

5 23.81%
  • ENFJ

2 9.52%
  • ESTP

0 0%
  • ESTJ

1 4.76%
  • ESFP

1 4.76%
  • ESFJ

2 9.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: "Ideal" match for an INTP female

Type
    xNTJ
    ^ INFJ.

Your Ti will piss Te off. Our Te will piss your Ti off. It goes a lot like this:

Ti: <in-depth rambling about the intricacies of a thing>

Te: <abrupt cut-off> Christ - just bottom line it for me already!

Ti: <Autistic screaming>

As I mentioned above, my closest friend is an INTP. I greatly admire his mind; his ability to get balls-deep in to a topic and master it is something I applaud... but oh how frustrated he becomes with me when I tell him that I'm not arsed about any intricacies. I want to know the implications of a thing - very briefly - so I can quickly make a decision and move on to the next thing.

Sorry, that is incoherent as all shit. Day #4 of hardly any sleep ;_;

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by pmj View Post
    My closest friend and his long-term girlfriend have been confirmed as INTP and INFJ respectively. Their compatibility - from the outside looking in, at least - is astonishing. They seem to 'get' one another, and very easily connect on an intellectual level. They always appear as calm, collected and very much together.

Compare that to my xNTJ / ENTJ relationship. Christ. Don't get me wrong - we're absolutely mad about one another; without her I'd be lost... but our relationship is like one huge debating session / trolling fest. We're absolutely ruthless with one another. Heh.
    INTP male + INFJ female tends to be an exceptional pairing (when they are compatible). It tends to not work as well when the INTP is female.

http://forums.intpcomplex.com/showth...rs-on-OkCupid)

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Yeah, I wouldn't touch SN INFJ male with a 10 foot pole. They're needy as fuck and crazier than shit.

Type
    xNTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by baccheion View Post
    INTP male + INFJ female tends to be an exceptional pairing (when they are compatible). It tends to not work as well when the INTP is female.

http://forums.intpcomplex.com/showth...rs-on-OkCupid)
    I think a great many T females have a hard time.

I have no doubt in my mind that my wife didn't have a real relationship before she got with me (in spite of being a good few years older) simply because insecure men didn't know what the fuck to do with an alpha female. It certainly has nothing to do with looks, because (all bias aside) she's a solid 10/10. Way out of my league. She's the kind of woman you'd expect to be snapped up very quickly.

Heh.

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't touch SN INFJ male with a 10 foot pole. They're needy as fuck and crazier than shit.
    Did we date the same guy? XD

Type
    INTP
    INTP female, I was married to an ESTJ for 24 years. There were lots of good things. I was trying to be a good traditional Christian wife and then one day my head just burst out of it. Well, it was really like the 3rd time but we recovered from the other 2 times. But I've been alone 12 years doing my own crapola and now at 59 I really want companionship again. I am clueless what to look for. The last relationship still having a dramatic impact on what I expect in relationships. ENTJ are just too gregariousness. INTP just gets redundant. INTJ to are too mean. I really just want a playmate.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiliprepper View Post
    INTP female, I was married to an ESTJ for 24 years. There were lots of good things. I was trying to be a good traditional Christian wife and then one day my head just burst out of it. Well, it was really like the 3rd time but we recovered from the other 2 times. But I've been alone 12 years doing my own crapola and now at 59 I really want companionship again. I am clueless what to look for. The last relationship still having a dramatic impact on what I expect in relationships. ENTJ are just too gregariousness. INTP just gets redundant. INTJ to are too mean. I really just want a playmate.
    I don't have any dating advice for you, but welcome to the forum.

Renounce all your thoughts
    Repent and let your mind be re-taught
    You'll find what you sought...was based on the deception you bought
    A perception of naught
    Where the majority remains caught

~ Lauryn Hill

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiliprepper View Post
    I really just want a playmate.
    If you stick around a little more, there are additional forums available to established members in good standing (something to that effect). In one of those forums, there's this great thread called "The great socializing challenge" - in it, hardcore introverts have tried to go outside their comfort zone to at least try to make connections that could possibly evolve into the very thing you're looking for: a playmate.

Welcome.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by pmj View Post
    I think a great many T females have a hard time.

I have no doubt in my mind that my wife didn't have a real relationship before she got with me (in spite of being a good few years older) simply because insecure men didn't know what the fuck to do with an alpha female. It certainly has nothing to do with looks, because (all bias aside) she's a solid 10/10. Way out of my league. She's the kind of woman you'd expect to be snapped up very quickly.

Heh.
    What are your ages, if I may ask?
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    xNTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    What are your ages, if I may ask?
    31 / 42.

I had a thing for women that bit older than myself from a fairly young age. At 17 I was (unsuccessfully ) chasing women well into their twenties. I suppose it evens out once you get into your late twenties, but I always found a great many women my own age lacked maturity. I much prefer the company of a woman who is driven, takes no shit and knows her own mind.