View Poll Results: What types are an INTP female's "ideal" match?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

4 22.22%
  • INTJ

4 22.22%
  • INFP

6 33.33%
  • INFJ

3 16.67%
  • ISTP

1 5.56%
  • ISTJ

1 5.56%
  • ISFP

1 5.56%
  • ISFJ

1 5.56%
  • ENTP

6 33.33%
  • ENTJ

3 16.67%
  • ENFP

5 27.78%
  • ENFJ

2 11.11%
  • ESTP

0 0%
  • ESTJ

1 5.56%
  • ESFP

1 5.56%
  • ESFJ

2 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Ideal" match for an INTP female

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuff View Post
    i think we're too rare to be preferred by anybody. sometimes other people (?) don't realize they've struck gold when they find us, when we're available and feel like eating them back.

my autocorrect changed dating to eating and that's a lot funnier.
    Nah. If they don't "realize" what they found then they haven't found it.

Women often look for men who they view as equally or more intelligent than themselves, and the contrary would be taboo. But even intelligent men are happy with women who don't engage them intellectually. They're conditioned to expect intellectual satisfaction from other spheres. This is the big problem that NT women face in dating. In the long run, it's not acceptable for us to settle for someone we can't engage intellectually. But it isn't a priority for men, intelligent or otherwise.

At this rate I don't know if there's room for two intelligent people in a romantic partnership, generally speaking. Essentially because of how men are configured. I think they find it much more challenging than women to stay with someone intelligent. Sure they are attracted to brains, especially if they can confirm that she's as sexually expansive as she is intellectually. They're more primitive than us, I have no doubt about that.

Considering this, I have to be the stupid one, frankly, and my ideal match would be someone whose intelligence far surpasses mine. Not that I'm a genius or anything, but that just may not happen.
    Last edited by Madrigal; 08-30-2015 at 06:01 PM.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    INTj
    I don't think type matters much when it comes to relationships. I think there is a far deeper process that occurs when a romantic connection is established that can't be quantified by a short questionnaire.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Yeah, definitely not INFJ if you're looking for a hetero relationship. I'm sure female INFJs are nice and all but the male ones always seem to be so fucked up.

Haven't met anyone 'ideal' yet so can't really comment.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Why are men voting on this poll?

Type
    INTP
    I would say that INTPs are best matched with other NTs. My reasoning is that NTs are more likely enjoy one another's company, and tend to be pragmatic about working out solutions to conflicts that arise between them.

And I'm skeptical about NFs. In my experience, NFs have a nasty habit of creating drama. But then again, that's my experience, and I'm a dude.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrus View Post
    And I'm skeptical about NFs. In my experience, NFs have a nasty habit of creating drama. But then again, that's my experience, and I'm a dude.
    I think it's really sexy when men are completely unfazed by drama. Latin guys often have that attitude, I wonder why. xD

Type
    INTP
    In my experience the three things that have the most profound influence on a psyche is Sex (male or female), Type and Personality. Sex is obvious, Type is (I believe) based in the cortex and thus can't be changed. It is a modulation of how the cortex processes information streams. Simple example, an Intuitive is one with a low ability/low tolerance to process sensory data streams. A Se dominant has a high tolerance for sensory data. The Personality is the learned patterns in the neocortex, which is the only part of the brain able to learn (rewire neural nets). It was invented with the mammals, which is why previous animal kingdoms (lizards) can only react to the environment via instinct.

So yes, Type does play a part of the triad when choosing a mate. First, pick a compatible sex. Two, pick a compatible personality and three pick a compatible Type. I believe it's type issues which frequently lead to divorce.

dormant
    Type
    xxxx
    @Madrigal
    i meant intp women are just rare, rare enough that i can't imagine anybody "preferring" intp-ish women who usually don't fit an idealized feminine anything, and that rarity makes us hard to understand, hard for others to see/appreciate us for what we are. i do hesitate to say "we" cuz we (intp women) are also really different from each other and i don't think i relate much to most women on this site when it comes to the realm of dating.

personally i couldn't be satisfied with anything less then my equal. i wouldn't consider anybody dumber than me but neither would i tolerate someone who thinks themselves more intelligent that me. a relationship & partnership is meant to be my escape from bullshit and competition and games the world makes you play. i've got strengths and weaknesses and i have a lot to share, a lot of myself and my life to offer, and i want and expect the same. i could not settle for anything that feels like less than that.

dormant
    Type
    xxxx
    probably my last post in this thread but mbti is kinda really, really bad for determining relationship/dating matches cuz it reduces people to these simplistic psychological caricatures and almost nobody irl is that simple. past the surface stuff, it just becomes really useless. i get so frustrated whenever i go back to it to explain something lol

eyeing you rabbit warrior kitsune's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    a vast moor in the old world brimming with jackrabbits where three rivers decussate
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    I think it's really sexy when men are completely unfazed by drama. Latin guys often have that attitude, I wonder why. xD
    Men with lots of sisters are also unfazed. Probably one of my most peaceful relationships was with a guy with four older sisters. He was calm about everything. He knew when to just shut up and watch the fireworks.

"
    'I cannot play with you,' the fox said. 'I am not tamed.'" - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Le Petit Prince (1943)

REMINDER TO SELF WHEN DEALING WITH THE RABBIT WARRIOR: "All warfare is based on deception." - Sun Tzu,
    The Art of War