Page 432 of 454 FirstFirst ... 332382422430431432433434442 ... LastLast
Results 4,311 to 4,320 of 4535

Thread: Little raves that don't deserve their own thread

Type
    intp
    I like investments. I made over $400 yesterday doing absolutely nothing.

Societal egress and ennui Catoptric's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Kingdom Come: Deliverance is free on Epic Games

I had hesitated in getting it because of the frame rate issues mentioned in reviews, but also because I never got into slightly similar games like Dragon Age or the Witcher series despite having all of them (I have put over 150 hours into Assassins Creed Odyssey, however, but that's because I know how predictable it is and get tied into quests leading up to the main story, and even then I was very reluctant to buy or play it.) It seems like they were pandering to people that like Game of Thrones (I despise it for the most part; though have watched similar HBO tripe like that of the Rome series.) Looking at the game again it does look like I had a very different understanding of how the game plays, as initially, it seemed like nothing but a battlefield.

Epic Games also released The Messenger with the DLCs for free, which I consider amongst the best indie games ever made (it will surprise you once you get into the game.)

Type
    INTP
    Another free week of energy from my energy provider! Awesome!

The last month just cost me 45.

For comparison, I know people who are being fleeced for 200-350 a month!

Most of our energy companies are rackets, and I seem to be with one of the very few ethical providers.

EDF (French) are absolute scum. They tried robbing me the minute I moved in for inflated costs and the previous tenants debt! I high tailed outta there asap! It was the best decision I ever made.

(When I registered, as a new customer they put me on their "default" tariff which was about 4x inflated standard pricing, I said "so buy default you rob people" - just to name one of their very many insideous practices).

The deal with PowerShop, is that you buy advanced credit, but they reward you with HUGE discounts. I love it. Encourages buying in advance so you're never in arrears, and of you do go away or forget to top up they give you ten days notice of your arrears and or collect at the end of the month.

Also, my credit report increased from "very very very poor" to just "poor"

(18 year olds should never be given credit).

I've got a plan to get it up to where it should be (credit worthy!) But it's gonna take at least 18 months to implement the plan. Bleh.
    Last edited by Sinny; 02-14-2020 at 11:16 AM.
    If Biden is the answer... what the fuck was the question?!

Type
    INFP
    I realized that I like almost everyone on this forum (it's a little smiley feeling, like "oh yeah, that's a nice person!" when I test the theory with a random username)

Which is good because it seems I can't abandon ship.

A Transient Configuration Sistamatic's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Blorg View Post
    I realized that I like almost everyone on this forum (it's a little smiley feeling, like "oh yeah, that's a nice person!" when I test the theory with a random username)

Which is good because it seems I can't abandon ship.
    We aren't the ship, we're the ocean! You jumped in a long time ago.

That ship has sailed.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

This SEP field is glorious!

Type
    INTP
    7 of 9 is back in Star Trek!!

(Another woman crush of mine).

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    7 of 9 is back in Star Trek!!

(Another woman crush of mine).
    OK, CBS All Access. You win. (grumble mumble ... shakes fist at TV... "But as soon as you stop feeding me star trek we are through!")
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    OK, CBS All Access. You win. (grumble mumble ... shakes fist at TV... "But as soon as you stop feeding me star trek we are through!")
    Ha!

(It's on Prime, if you have that)

Type
    INTP
    Only if you live not in the US.

Type
    INTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    Only if you live not in the US.