Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 3862

Thread: Little raves that don't deserve their own thread

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    It's Prince tribute isn't it?
    He's got the funk.
    That's right, and he likes to think so
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INTP
    Was struggling to get my dealers to drop to me tonight, and I really didn't fancy having to go out for it..

I was mulling this over whilst smoking out my bedroom window, when I noticed the neighbor was out too.. Hadn't met him yet, but I do know he was out in the garden, gardening a couple of weeks ago, listening to some DnB and he had a Doobie in his hands - So I just called down to him from the window asking if he could hook me up locally.

Affirmative.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

Banned
    Type
    ISFP

just watch this and read the comment section

"when your djing but you keep having vietnam flashbacks"

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    The ability of the human mind to percieve itself might impress some, but for me the big show is how imagination and memory can become recursive. Probably mentioned somethimg like this before but it still makes me smile to see it:

We can remember things and visualize the memory. We can also remember visualizing a memory. You probably did both just now--or you might have done something even more interesting and "only" imagined what that would be like. And now you can remember imagining what remembering remembering a visualization of a memory would be like.

But why stop there? Press on and see how deep your recursion limit is. Can you imagine remembering imagining a dream where you visualized remembering a conversation with someone about what was happening in the dream and why it made you think of them?
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    A friend asked me to help with a splinter. I put on my head mounted magnifier and unzipped my redonkulous dissection kit. The look on his face. I live for these moments.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    INFP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Some rando guessing the ages of passersby on the street thought I was 27

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Type
    INTP
    Ha, I'm at that age where all the boys younger than me who had a crush on me think it's okay to approach me, now they are now in their early 20's.

Aha, ahh.

I'll probably take them up on that in a year or two, at the moment I'm still getting over the fact that they grew up and filled out.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I just realized I've developed a new dream superpower: I can taste things--and they don't taste like linen!
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    It's a Monday, it's after DST, and I had a dental appointment this morning. And yet I feel pretty fucking good.
    "All my heroes are dead" - John Zorn

"It's not selfish if you hate yourself"

Type
    INTP
    One of my Irish- American friends just popped up to me asking:

Last edited by Sinny; 03-16-2018 at 07:29 AM.