Page 301 of 335 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 3348

Thread: Little raves that don't deserve their own thread

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Just heard that I'm most likely assigned any work next week. Yuss!
    It's been a really tough month and I'm only just beginning to dig my way out from all the travel, expenses, and reporting.
    I'm going to get my work done and sit in the sun, get a tan, some vitamin D for a change. It's been years since I had anything like a sun tan. Even when I was in Hawaii, I spent two weeks working in a room with no windows!
    Well, there it is.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Injecting ink into my cartridges seems to work well for my printer. I'm rethinking the laser printer that I was about to buy. A big benefit would be that the ink doesn't smear on laser printed pages so it's still worth it in some cases. If you use an injet, mail yourself a letter and see how badly it smears. I think the PO uses rollers that causes the ink to transfer to other parts of the page. I did an experiment a few years ago and weighting didn't cause ink transfer but rubbing and rolling something over the folded letter did. It was totally unacceptable for important letters and I'd been sending letters like that for years. This happened even with pigment based ink. So, I'll either be pre-rolling my letters on scrap paper before I mail them or I'll be getting a laser printer.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Got a call back from my health insurance company. Wow, they went above and beyond. After hearing that my incompetent health provider were lying to me about them not covering my visits and a previous cortisone injection, they contacted them fixed everything, even setting it up where I should be getting a $400 rebate.

Well...shit!

I need to find a new general practitioner, that place has gone to shit since Novant bought them.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Big lightning strike just took out power for about five seconds. I just set all the damn clocks too!

I have three uninterruptible power supplies running and my lights didn't even flicker, the TV, PC, internet, everything stayed up but for the kitchen light.
    Even the battery that powered the 55" TV is still at 100%

Big lightning too, multiple shockwaves, lots of sonic booms.

They just finished building a big ugly apartment building across the street from mine in my otherwise beautiful neighborhood. For more than 160% of what I pay they are offering a private bed/bath in a 4 bed suite. My place may be a rundown old converted attic but it's all mine, kitchen and everything. It's the location that really makes it, it's a five minute walk to both campus and downtown. And I've been able to keep my cat here in spite of a nominal 'no pets' policy. Also I blast my music fucking loud and never get complaints. I'm grateful to have found this place.

Type
    INTP
    What should two INTPs do on a third date?

Answer: Go to Comic Con

All I ever wanted
    Was the secrets that you keep
    All you ever wanted
    Was the truth I couldn't speak

~ Linkin Park

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I finally found the best cat litter. It seems like a small thing, but if you have cats, you know what a big deal quality litter is. Doesn't stick to pan. Clumps don't crumble. Cats like it. Not perfumed. Good stuff.

Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    INTP
    My earphones are bleeding out, broke my better pair.

Fuck it, the whole bus can start their day with a bit o' Black Sabbath.

All I ever wanted
    Was the secrets that you keep
    All you ever wanted
    Was the truth I couldn't speak

~ Linkin Park

I have been doing my algorithms homework at least in part because it's fun. Python is so nice for this! And I'm learning that if I design my algorithms right I can compensate for the slowness and work with large data structures.

fry cook on Venus bass_n_treble's Avatar
    Type
    INTJ
    Been on a bit of a spiritual cleanse as of late.

Notably, I have intentionally deleted the 14,000 songs off my iTunes (ownership means nothing anymore... I can access anything I want at any time), hundreds of saved YouTube videos, donated half my book collection, consolidated pretty much ever superfluous possession I own. Paying down some credit card debt. I only work 32 hours a week, I have three days off, and I spend my time writing stream of consciousness, taking drum, guitar and piano lessons, and just inviting people over my place.

I have IRL haters so I know I'm doing something right. It's probably because I don't have children keeping me up at night or mortgage payments. The rat race is over.