Page 328 of 329 FirstFirst ... 228278318326327328329 LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 3290

Thread: Little raves that don't deserve their own thread

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I finally got around to getting a SNES "Classic Mini" console and have now been able to play the games I've been needing to play, though you have to hack it. . .

The files and tutorial are all you need (Retroarch, SNES9x2010 and the roms of course, and indeed the " --retroarch" at the end of the command line.) It seems the files I was using weren't quite right, and this enabled me to play Star Ocean, Tales of Phantasia, Terranigma, Illusions of Gaia, etc.) For those that don't know, it had not been working for many people, even with following the directions that were being offered, so it seems the exact file placement in the user_mods folder, and flashing the kernel with both emulator files selected, will work well. Hit the L+R+select+pause buttons to get the in game SNES9x menu.

Of course I could just as well run an emulator program on my computer, though perhaps due to constantly having the hdmi hooked up, the screen compatibility hasn't worked correctly, and I prefer to have a native resolution for the window, plus it's just easier using a separate console and controller for a tv monitor (secondary monitor.) It's neat that I can just leave the mini console plugged into a usb port freely available, and when I need to reset it's easily within arms reach.

Most games require nothing special to run, and these ones were just bothering me to the point, that I was hoping I wouldn't have to omit them from the console. Thankfully they seem to run perfectly with the English translations. I mostly have a ton of RPG games with the exception of a few unique games (and it helps to review the SNES for "hidden gems.)

Type
    INTP
    Found a dept store gift card that I assumed was spent and I only held onto in case there was a screw up and I needed to make a return. Well, I just checked the balance before nearly throwing away and found out I've got $22 left on it! Gonna go get me a shirt!

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Hooray! I own pi!
    This just in: I'm accepting all friend requests too unless you're a fricken jerk and I can't stand your existence and inane drivel. If that's the case, then I'll accept your friend request so I can keep an eye on your ass unless you don't hold any interest for me; then only the threat of keeping my eye on you stands. feces

i did it. i requested an appointment with a podiatrist with their online form. good job

Quote Originally Posted by LordLatch View Post
    Hooray! I own pi!
    what is desert island

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky balbotox View Post
    what is desert island
    It's where ice cream comes from.
    This just in: I'm accepting all friend requests too unless you're a fricken jerk and I can't stand your existence and inane drivel. If that's the case, then I'll accept your friend request so I can keep an eye on your ass unless you don't hold any interest for me; then only the threat of keeping my eye on you stands. feces

Type
    INTP
    Pie shells, got 10 of them at the 99 Cents Store. I'm all set for Thanksgiving and then some! They didn't just have the generic but some Keebler graham cracker crusts as well! (Often $2.50 in regular grocery store). One of the worst things to try to find as turkey day draws near. They also had pint sized whipping cream that's good until mid Jan, so I got four. I know some recipes call for whipping cream, some will say heavy cream, I'm not really sure what the difference is. That stuff as gotten expensive over the past couple of years and also harder to find. Will experiment with one over before the w/e to see if I won't have to go out and get the other stuff. Just like being ahead of the game!

Senior Member Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    infj
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan26 View Post
    Pie shells, got 10 of them at the 99 Cents Store. I'm all set for Thanksgiving and then some! They didn't just have the generic but some Keebler graham cracker crusts as well! (Often $2.50 in regular grocery store). One of the worst things to try to find as turkey day draws near. They also had pint sized whipping cream that's good until mid Jan, so I got four. I know some recipes call for whipping cream, some will say heavy cream, I'm not really sure what the difference is. That stuff as gotten expensive over the past couple of years and also harder to find. Will experiment with one over before the w/e to see if I won't have to go out and get the other stuff. Just like being ahead of the game!
    It's based on fat content, I think whipping cream is like 30%, the other is 36% ish, and then there's manufacturing cream which is 40%ish

They'll all work pretty much the same but each one does certain things better. Whipped cream made from whipping cream is going to be lighter and fluffier than heavy or manufactured cream which work better in sauces and shit because of their higher fat content.

Type
    INTP
    ^ yep. Trying to make whipped cream from >36% usually turns out more like buttercream frosting.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
    It's based on fat content, I think whipping cream is like 30%, the other is 36% ish, and then there's manufacturing cream which is 40%ish

They'll all work pretty much the same but each one does certain things better. Whipped cream made from whipping cream is going to be lighter and fluffier than heavy or manufactured cream which work better in sauces and shit because of their higher fat content.
    That's kinda what I imagined it having to do with. Good to know, thanks. 30-36 doesn't seem like that much but then the difference between 2% and 1% is night & day. I've not really tried to use them interchangeably. I've winged it with some sauces and potato based dishes but there were so many other ingredients I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference unless a side by side comparison.

I did just get a mixing bowl so it'll be nice to use that to fluff things up instead of standing like a dork with my hand mixer.