Page 402 of 402 FirstFirst ... 302352392400401402
Results 4,011 to 4,019 of 4019

Thread: Little raves that don't deserve their own thread

Type
    INTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    That's not the reason. You've shown pictures of your car. Anyone who drives a BMW, Audi, or a lifted truck is absolutely a cunt, 100% guaranteed.
    I should go back to a Mercedes then?

edit: also showed pictures of my hybrid.

Type
    INTP
    Limeys a cunt, regardless of what he drives

I've been super productive, just changed over all the utilities AND unsubscribed from 1000 emails clogging up my account!

Gonna go do next doors garden now so it can stop nagging at the back of my mind. Then go and do MY gardens.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post

You just don't fit into this age of neutered masculinity where boys are no longer allowed their toys.

Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxx View Post
    You just don't fit into this age of neutered masculinity where boys are no longer allowed their toys.
    I can't boast a Mercedes, but I'm pretty proud of my 2017 Accord Sport, enough so I get a smile every time I pass a hipster mustachioed man-bun with accompanying angry potato in their Yaris. I may have problems, but at least I'm not THAT guy.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post

@Sinny called it rightly. The vehicles didn't change you. Litmus test, not transmogrifier.
    People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    a hipster mustachioed man-bun with accompanying angry potato

I personally don't have that adrenaline-seeking trait that values speed and performance, but I have to admit it's fun to be exposed to it. I'm part of the bus-wanker, pedestrian tribe, and use a car club for work when I need a vehicle. I get to drive different types of cars because of it, but they are mostly hybrid/fuel-efficient vehicles. So it's a treat when I get to find out what it's like to be the fastest cunt on the road.

It's weird what kinds of things we don't mind spending our hard-earned money on that aren't really necessary. I could never spend a relative ton of money on a vehicle, yet I'll happily throw money at a room/holiday let with a stunning view when traveling.

And others, like Sinny, have babies

Type
    INTP
    and use a car club for work when I need a vehicle.
    I didn't know these things existed, that sounds convenient.

I never had the slightest urge to even learn to drive. Must be something hard-wired into us.
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    I didn't know these things existed, that sounds convenient.

I never had the slightest urge to even learn to drive. Must be something hard-wired into us.
    It's brilliant, they are scattered throughout the city (and country really) - they have their own dedicated parking bays. You use an app to book and unlock the car. You can rent it for 30 mins, a few hours, a couple of days. And they have a variety of different models.

Not learning to drive is quite commonplace in the UK. Is it similar in Argentina or Chile? Or are you the outlier?

Type
    INTP
    It's brilliant, they are scattered throughout the city (and country really) - they have their own dedicated parking bays. You use an app to book and unlock the car. You can rent it for 30 mins, a few hours, a couple of days. And they have a variety of different models.

Not learning to drive is quite commonplace in the UK. Is it similar in Argentina or Chile? Or are you the outlier?
    I didn't know it was commonplace anywhere. My social circle has always been a bunch of commies and struggling artists who couldn't afford a car if they wanted one, so I'm not the best person to ask. xD
    Heh. We've been here years now.