Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NaNoWriMo

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner

I'm not going to write a novel. I know this right away. But I always find it beneficial to increase my writing output over and above what I normally write, which is approximately 750 words/day. So I think that's what I'm going to do.

There's usually a daily poetry prompt during November on Campus and this year I might play along.

Type
    INTP
    In it to win it!

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan26 View Post
    In it to win it!
    Nice! Do you have a plan or an outline that you're using?

Mens bona regnum possidet ferrus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    I wonder if I should write the science fiction book I have on-off thought about doing on this month at times. But I probably won't.
    Die Logik ist keine Lehre, sondern ein Spiegelbild der Welt. Die Logik ist transcendental. - Wittgenstein

Type
    INTP
    Yeah I'm gonna try this again.

Now we know... Asteroids Champion ACow's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    I'm gonna give this a shot again this year. Although I'm headed to Thailand/Cambodia in two weeks, so I don't know if that's a good thing, or if it means I'm not going to do anything...

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    Nice! Do you have a plan or an outline that you're using?
    I've got two ideas. One is more concrete. It'd be a novel of a pilot that I've already done a couple of drafts of. It's a big idea so I'm wondering if I wouldn't be better off having it out, fully existing, to then try to pitch from there. Game of Thrones has a somewhat similar start to it.

The other has been a premise floating in the back of my mind for a few years. I know where it starts off, I kinda know the main character, i know the first thing he does (inciting incident) to get things going and what turns it into a mystery but I don't know the identity of the victim, much less who donit or why. NaNoWriMo is obviously the time to just spew out anything that comes to mind. I think there could be something good there but timewise I don't know if I wouldn't be better off being more practical now and maybe jumping off on that at the beginning part of next year.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    It's on! Everyone get writing!

Type
    intp
    I wrote in a paper notebook today and it felt really good. I'm not committing to the whole thing bc I'm not really in a good place for failing to reach more goals.
    I wanna see your goodreads, so add me.

Type
    INTP
    I definitely don't do enough volume to get a novel writ in a month, but I have one that I'm working on that I hope to tack a few thousand words on over the next 30 days. Have had odd strikes of inspiration here and there which have got the ball rolling, and critical pieces of the character psychology have fallen into place in my mind recently, so, yeah...fun!
    ...the origin of emotional sickness lay in people’s belief that they were their personalities...
    "The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." ~Carl Jung