Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NaNoWriMo

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I think this might actually be a good thing for me because for a while I've been mulling over variations on the same thought/set of words. Sometimes things just come to me and other times it's like a long birth. But I'm feeling like it's something that I need to move past so I can write about other stuff.

Type
    INTP
    My dad made a "what if" comment today, and it was a brilliant short story idea. Now I've forgotten both the query, and the topic that it related to. I need to start carrying a notepad with me everywhere again. I don't know why I ever stopped--oh, right, because I had too much stuff in my pockets and my shorts kept falling down.
    For some, "how", not "why", is the fundamental unit of measure for curiosity. This divergence is neither parallel, nor straight. Where one might have a "why?-5" problem, it might only be a "how?-2" question. But then, there are also many things where the "why?" is immediately obvious but the "how?" is best measured in centuries of perpetual wonder. Both approaches have their drawbacks.

If one is superior, the other is unaware of it.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    My dad made a "what if" comment today, and it was a brilliant short story idea. Now I've forgotten both the query, and the topic that it related to. I need to start carrying a notepad with me everywhere again. I don't know why I ever stopped--oh, right, because I had too much stuff in my pockets and my shorts kept falling down.
    Sounds like you need a man-purse.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    Sounds like you need a man-purse.
    Satchel.
    For some, "how", not "why", is the fundamental unit of measure for curiosity. This divergence is neither parallel, nor straight. Where one might have a "why?-5" problem, it might only be a "how?-2" question. But then, there are also many things where the "why?" is immediately obvious but the "how?" is best measured in centuries of perpetual wonder. Both approaches have their drawbacks.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Obfuscate View Post
    hmmm, you may be on to something there... i will keep that in mind, though it would take me sometime to find a good way to frame that...
    It's a bit cliche in concept, but I think there's still value depending on how you do it: If you consider mankind, as an animal, dividing itself into packs it calls 'family', generally with an alpha male and alpha female that have breeding rights and frequently deny such rights to other members of their pack, beasts that have over time, evolved not just their bodies but their social constructs and hidden the beast behind layers and layers of invisible swaddling and visible tools that temper and curtail interpack violence and increase the maximum population density before they're at each other's throats for resources--the mundane activities of the lives of people are the eldritch horrors of the flora and fauna in their environment.

So... if you extend that to what you might consider an eldritch horror, then empathize with the creature from beyond as it's just a working thing, trying to make a squatzit to keep it's spawnlings in food and tentacle covers, I think there might be something there.

Senior Member Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    infj
    I just stayed up all night rambling/writing. I guess I just started this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    It's a bit cliche in concept, but I think there's still value depending on how you do it: If you consider mankind, as an animal, dividing itself into packs it calls 'family', generally with an alpha male and alpha female that have breeding rights and frequently deny such rights to other members of their pack, beasts that have over time, evolved not just their bodies but their social constructs and hidden the beast behind layers and layers of invisible swaddling and visible tools that temper and curtail interpack violence and increase the maximum population density before they're at each other's throats for resources--the mundane activities of the lives of people are the eldritch horrors of the flora and fauna in their environment.

So... if you extend that to what you might consider an eldritch horror, then empathize with the creature from beyond as it's just a working thing, trying to make a squatzit to keep it's spawnlings in food and tentacle covers, I think there might be something there.

They sorta did this in the SyFy show Being Human with monsters trying to live an everyday-life and it was amazing.

Also, as for your notes issue, pretty much any cellphone will allow you to create notes on it. I personally use it for keep a running list of gift ideas for people. Whenever they mention something be cool or wanting it I throw it on the list and for some strange reason I always seem to buy everyone the best gifts now.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Well... If I'm going for a poem a day I've already failed.

But I guess 30 poems by the end of November is still possible. The past few days have left me really exhausted and it's hard to string words together.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I'll post my daily poems in my blag. Get ready for lots of half-baked, unedited shit.

Senior Member Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    infj

Spoiler:

Now to catch up on 3 weeks of real life. ; ;

facta non verba interprétation erronée's Avatar
    Type
    INxx
    Country Strokin'

Spoiler: A short story
    It was a usual Saturday afternoon. Ate my supper early so I could vege out on the couch. I saw this documentary about quigong and Shaolin monks doin contortions. "Never bent mah'pecker befo'." So thought I'd try it. Mhm. Walkin' to my bathroom I gotta lil eager like you do befo' sex. Peeled off mah britches, an - I gotsa beg dangalang so I paused fer a moment to admire it [grin] heh - then I tossed my clothes into a pile in the corner. The 1960's shower tile gots mildew growin' all over the grout. Yep she's diriter than a sink full a dishes. I been meanin' to head over to the Home Depot and get some compound fer it. But I don't much mind either way honestly. Mhm. Took of my beater and there I was. My pot belly was a hangin' and my beg pecker was a danglin'. "I'm a mess", I thought. I gots me this magazine from some feller at work. Said it gots nudies in it. Think I'll pound off to 'em. Mhm. I grabbed my elephants trunk and started strokin' it. "Whoa", I said, "He's transformin'". After he growed up big like I tried to bend 'em in half. Wreckon' I stood there fer 15 minutes. "Not gone happ'n", I started to mumble. And I was right.

Crazy Chinermen.

The end.
    Last edited by interprétation erronée; 11-25-2017 at 08:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    Jan Bonclay
    “If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.” ― Malcolm X