Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is the world worth saving?

Type
    eNTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    With that reasoning in mind, and ignoring self-preservation instinct, what's keeping you from killing yourself?
    Very little.
    "Just because it's 2020 doesn't mean everyone has perfect vision."--catchphrase of a fictional comedian in some movie

Quote Originally Posted by Neville View Post
    Yeah because the world would totally pay up. You'd just be a crazy lunatic screaming in front of a gas station how you saved the world.
    You mean the UN isn't going to pool together a billion dollars for me to bat an asteroid away with my massive imaginary dong?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by pathogenetic_peripatetic View Post
    The end is nigh every day, and every day most of us do something about it. A better question would be "how much would you do?" and for me the answer is "about as much as I'm doing now, maybe a little more tomorrow if I can manage the effort"
    Truth. Maintaining life takes effort, either from you or somebody else.

Type
    INTP
    I think the planet needs saved... I don't know about humanity.. but I could probably save the planet by killing human kind, so if this "end of the world" can be mitigated to just "the end of mankind", that's what I'd make happen.
    All truth passes through three stages:

First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

Type
    istj
    I'd do it if most countries agreed to enforce my new laws.

If I have the power to save the world, I might have the power to be super powerful and immortal-- if I am immune to death/unkillable, I would save the world after telling everyone they must enforce and follow my laws because I have the ability to reverse my decision at any time (I'll say that even if I can't reverse it, but they can't kill or catch me so wgaf; my bluff would probably be called immediately but there'd be no consequences for me because I'm a G)

If I could be killed/captured/tortured/whatever-- I would broadcast my new laws and encourage everyone to oblige OR ELSE. I'd laugh at the outrage of my new laws, then do absofuckinglutely nothing to save the world. Then we'd all die and I'd be happy because they forced my hand. They're to blame, I'm not. And I didn't get my cake to where I could eat it too so everyone pays!

Type
    iNtP
    Perhaps it depends on soul growth in this life and the past and whether or not you're in a position to influence sincere change for the better and at the point where you understand and feel profound personal conviction and truly possess belief in yourself when it comes to altering the course of future events. Nothing is carved in stone and unpredictability scares many.

Enough groups with little "power" could still form along with those who've received and recognized a similar call (think Ascended Masters), and so arrived here to intervene and prevent potentially horrific plans that have been carefully and strategically laid out over the past century or so alone (eg. The Protocols of the Elders of Zion among many other documents of a similar and varying nature). It takes a lot of belief in yourself and knowing who you are at the core of your being that determines who you truly are to help create a new future.

We live in a world which discourages authenticity and allows much room for self-doubt that so many lose themselves in the trivial and mundane, but many could still through self-discovery help prevent the elimination of the many groups of people living here on this planet and possibly beyond. Well into middle age I still believe the good guys will "win". Being a hero is the greatest reward one could ever receive.
    Last edited by Raven; 03-01-2020 at 10:39 PM.

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    No. If we've ever been visited by aliens, we probably have the intergalactic equivalent of this on us:

Type
    eNTP
    Quote Originally Posted by NedLudd View Post
    No. If we've ever been visited by aliens, we probably have the intergalactic equivalent of this on us:
    I think it more likely our ancestors were pets that got left behind and went feral. Aliens that visit us now do so for whatever their equivalent of anthropological curiosity is. Or maybe it's more zoological. In any event, I suspect it's more "Do Not Tap On Glass".

Of course, some xenos do--and then there's the researchers with their tranq and release tagging system.

"Just because it's 2020 doesn't mean everyone has perfect vision."--catchphrase of a fictional comedian in some movie

Type
    ENTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Scknk View Post
    Imagine that the end is nigh, unless you can do something about it. Would you, and why?
    if it were within my control, absolutely. it would be a relief to have my life's purpose cut out for me tbh. more importantly, i think it would be selfish to default to my own apathy while there are innocents out there who wanna live.