Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 75

Thread: Racist Teacher, Trolling Teen, or Something In-between?

  1. #1
    singularity precursor Limey's Avatar
    Type
    INTJ
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Mid Atlantic USA
    Posts
    5,838
    INTPx Award Winner

    Racist Teacher, Trolling Teen, or Something In-between?

    Just looked at the picture of the supposed clock that the muslim kid in Texas 'made'.
    As I mentioned before, I studied electronics engineering and noticed previously that there was no breadboard or signs of actually "making" any part of it, even the ribbon cables are all pre-made.

    What this kid basically did, was take a commercial alarm clock out of its casing and rather dangerously place it into a metal suitcase, (not a pencil case as wrongly stated) including no insulation on the transformer (short that fucker out and it will go bang, as I had one do on my lap once, melting a screwdriver in the process)

    It's pretty amazing how everyone got up in arms and assumed that this kid was just some smart kid who everyone is prejudging as a terrorist, when what the kid did, seems to be deliberate trolling. With the 110V cable hanging out the side like it was, someone could have easily received a nasty shock, had they plugged it in.

    He gutted an alarm clock, clumsily placed it into a metal case, powered by its auxiliary 9V battery, then took it to school on 9/11 no less, with the alarm set to go off during first class.

    TrollSwag


  2. #2
    Senior Member Senseye's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    What this kid basically did, was take a commercial alarm clock out of its casing and rather dangerously place it into a metal suitcase...
    But there was no C4! Lol.

    Bomb:


    Not bomb (or at least, not bomb until C4 added):

  3. #3
    Scobblelotcher Sistamatic's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,441
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Senseye View Post
    But there was no C4!
    That was my first reaction before seeing pics or any details. Bombs have to have some sort of something to explode. Pretty much everything is a potential bomb, sans that crucial component.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

    I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

  4. #4
    DOA Space Invaders Champion Neville's Avatar
    Type
    Taur
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    3,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    Just looked at the picture of the supposed clock that the muslim kid in Texas 'made'.
    As I mentioned before, I studied electronics engineering and noticed previously that there was no breadboard or signs of actually "making" any part of it, even the ribbon cables are all pre-made.

    What this kid basically did, was take a commercial alarm clock out of its casing and rather dangerously place it into a metal suitcase, (not a pencil case as wrongly stated) including no insulation on the transformer (short that fucker out and it will go bang, as I had one do on my lap once, melting a screwdriver in the process)

    It's pretty amazing how everyone got up in arms and assumed that this kid was just some smart kid who everyone is prejudging as a terrorist, when what the kid did, seems to be deliberate trolling. With the 110V cable hanging out the side like it was, someone could have easily received a nasty shock, had they plugged it in.

    He gutted an alarm clock, clumsily placed it into a metal case, powered by its auxiliary 9V battery, then took it to school on 9/11 no less, with the alarm set to go off during first class.

    TrollSwag

    Fleecing liberal America is getting way too easy. The kid knew exactly what he was doing. Unsurprisingly white liberals are tripping over themselves to make it happen.
    “Then there you lie like the one warm spark in the heart of an arctic crystal.”

  5. #5
    singularity precursor Limey's Avatar
    Type
    INTJ
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Mid Atlantic USA
    Posts
    5,838
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    That was my first reaction before seeing pics or any details. Bombs have to have some sort of something to explode. Pretty much everything is a potential bomb, sans that crucial component.
    That transformer (the square device in the foreground with the 110V cable connected to it) has wires look like they're getting ready to touch each other if it twists a bit more while plugged in, it could make a nice explosion, as I mentioned, strong enough to melt metal.

    I keep hearing people talk about this kid "making" a clock, when in-fact, it looks more like he broke a clock or at least made it dangerous. Some poor bastard in China made the clock.

    I've had this debate a few times on social media because I have black 'friends' (mostly race obsessed associates) that I went to school with who are jumping all over this for the aspect of him being prejudged for his skin/religion, when in-fact, no kid of any skin tone or religion should be bringing dangerously gutted 110V electronics in to school like this, plus there's the obvious what it looks like, it being 9/11, him being muslim etc naturally, but we don't even have to go there here.

  6. #6
    creator kali's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    Just looked at the picture of the supposed clock that the muslim kid in Texas 'made'.
    As I mentioned before, I studied electronics engineering and noticed previously that there was no breadboard or signs of actually "making" any part of it, even the ribbon cables are all pre-made.

    What this kid basically did, was take a commercial alarm clock out of its casing and rather dangerously place it into a metal suitcase, (not a pencil case as wrongly stated) including no insulation on the transformer (short that fucker out and it will go bang, as I had one do on my lap once, melting a screwdriver in the process)

    It's pretty amazing how everyone got up in arms and assumed that this kid was just some smart kid who everyone is prejudging as a terrorist, when what the kid did, seems to be deliberate trolling. With the 110V cable hanging out the side like it was, someone could have easily received a nasty shock, had they plugged it in.

    He gutted an alarm clock, clumsily placed it into a metal case, powered by its auxiliary 9V battery, then took it to school on 9/11 no less, with the alarm set to go off during first class.

    TrollSwag

    What's your agenda? Seriously. If he was some average joe white kid he would've scored first place at some science competition already. You really think this has nothing with him being muslim lmao. Islamophobia is the biggest cancer of America right now.
    "I fucking hate the cold!" - Wim Hof

    art and flowers: https://www.instagram.com/cloudlilt/

  7. #7
    singularity precursor Limey's Avatar
    Type
    INTJ
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Mid Atlantic USA
    Posts
    5,838
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by kali View Post
    What's your agenda? Seriously. If he was some average joe white kid he would've scored first place at some science competition already. You really think this has nothing with him being muslim lmao. Islamophobia is the biggest cancer of America right now.
    No, he wouldn't have, it would still be a shit clock gutted and stuffed into a metal case. It would only have the addition of not being a 9.11 trolling little shit.
    There's no such thing as islamophobia, no need to check DSM V. Though there is a concerted and deliberate effort to spread the ideology to the west.
    You're lucky to live in a country that has a sensible immigration policy, something that I wasn't fortune enough to enjoy in growing up in what might as well have been Pakistan.

  8. #8
    dormant jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    zone 10a
    Posts
    5,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    You're lucky to live in a country that has a sensible immigration policy, something that I wasn't fortune enough to enjoy in growing up in what might as well have been Pakistan.
    ...aren't you an immigrant, though? if that kid was born &/or grew up here, he's still more american than you are.

  9. #9
    singularity precursor Limey's Avatar
    Type
    INTJ
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Mid Atlantic USA
    Posts
    5,838
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuff View Post
    ...aren't you an immigrant, though? if that kid was born &/or grew up here, he's still more american than you are.
    More American?
    There are degrees of American?
    What makes someone more American than another?
    Is it how long their blood line have been here?
    check your privilege.

  10. #10
    dormant jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    zone 10a
    Posts
    5,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    More American?
    There are degrees of American?
    What makes someone more American than another?
    Is it how long their blood line have been here?
    check your privilege.
    you tell me. i'm just going by your rules, since you made it about "sensible immigration."

Similar Threads

  1. The Teacher's Dilemma?
    By Ptah in forum Academics & Careers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-06-2017, 01:48 AM
  2. Can a machine be racist?
    By Utisz in forum Math, Science & Tech
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-21-2015, 02:22 AM
  3. What makes something racist? A Washington Redskins thread
    By El D. in forum News, Culture & History
    Replies: 216
    Last Post: 06-23-2014, 07:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •