Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "You still don't get it!" -- Equality NOW -- #blacklivesmatter, and more!

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner

"You still don't get it!" -- Equality NOW -- #blacklivesmatter, and more!

Rewinding a bit to the summer, but this has been on my mind. Bernie Sanders, the best friend minority groups have in this extremist, reactionary political climate, was rudely chastised by the #blacklives matter reps, they literally hijacked the stage. Why would they chose their ally to attack? Is it because he is an old white man (and that's bigoted too, ya know, but...anyway).....OR does this reflect a tendency found in human nature to polish and buff up the one with the most potential, accidentally alienating said person (Everyman/woman) during the act? Sanders tried to adjust his message so as not to offend or overlook the rightfully indignant #blacklives folks...but should he have to? Am I simple minded or something, but, if you want respect, treat others with respect?

Why didn't they tackle the politicians that unabashedly hate their living guts? I mean, those guy, ream them, sure! Maybe activist minority groups in general should go after the right targets; this environment is so toxic right now, that I wonder if they are afraid to crash the far right nutters' speaking engagements. See, their followers are pretty aggressive fucks...cowardice? No hope in redeeming this crowd?

It's pretty entitled to hijack someone's event, particularly when that person is trying his best to understand and represent you. #blacklives matter folks are a product of their times, anyway.

Sorry this is scattered, but does this anger represent a tendency to be more disturbed by what is *almost* right, but not quite? It is more frustrating when someone nearly gets it, but keeps. falling. short. Then again, I'm not sure if this is what is going on here. Maybe it's far more shallow. What say you all?

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    These are strange days. That's `bout all I've got to say about that.
    /Gump

Type
    INTP
    My guess would be that they wanted to expose/paint him as an enemy. It looked to me like they were asking for a confrontation.

Simplest explanation is that it was a misguided crime of opportunity. Extreme activist types aren't known for their foresight and tact. It wouldn't happen to any of the other candidates because they can afford some security.

Going conspiracy theorist: could have been a plant to make him look bad.
    Violence is never the right answer, unless used against heathens and monsters.

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    These are strange days. That's `bout all I've got to say about that.
    /Gump

There's an 80 year old man who lives down the road. Day after day, he sits on his front porch, drinking shit beer. If I wanted his opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by P-O View Post
    My guess would be that they wanted to expose/paint him as an enemy. It looked to me like they were asking for a confrontation.
    But that's counterproductive.

Simplest explanation is that it was a misguided crime of opportunity. Extreme activist types aren't known for their foresight and tact. It wouldn't happen to any of the other candidates because they can afford some security.
    But that's just it: extreme activist types presumably want more than attention, they want real change. So, foresight and tact would be awesome traits to possess! Unless people are just pissed and want a punching bag. In which case, they wouldn't be activists, just a bunch of punks.

Going conspiracy theorist: could have been a plant to make him look bad.
    I think Hilary gets all the plants to destroy her campaign. Not sayin' she isn't shady, but, eh, i've known that forever.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    [QUOTE=Lurker;131996]

edit: wtf, where did my post go?

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    @Limey

?? Don't know!

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    ugh, I posted something up, I haven't seen a forum eat a post like that unless the database fell over. Weird.
    Anyway, I'm kinda tired of thinking about my opinion on these topics anyway. It's like beeping your horn in NYC, too much fucking ordinance out there.
    I think most people by now are familiar with my views on race, culture, and religion.

I will just keep something from my failed post: All lives matter.

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    ugh, I posted something up, I haven't seen a forum eat a post like that unless the database fell over. Weird.
    You and Ptah need to have a man-to-man. *brisk head nod*

Anyway, I'm kinda tired of thinking about my opinion on these topics anyway. It's like beeping your horn in NYC, too much fucking ordinance out there.
    I think most people by now are familiar with my views on race, culture, and religion.
    Too bad. I was curious to know what you thought about this incident.

I will just keep something from my failed post: All lives matter.
    Racist!

Type
    xxxx
    All lives matter.
    I have no idea why the movement just can't understand this simple idea. But it's not just an illness of the #blacklivesmatter movement. You see it all the time in mainstream media and advertisements. I turned on my TV for the first time in ages and they had this ad on famine-ravished children in Ethiopia. How much they were suffering and how much they needed our help etc. It was ridiculous, why would I donate my time, money, & effort to one subset of kids when #alllivesmatter ? Kids are kids no matter what part of the world they're from.
    "I fucking hate the cold!" - Wim Hof

art and flowers: https://www.instagram.com/cloudlilt/

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    ^

I agree @kali; however, I think there's an implied "too" at the end of #blacklivesmatter . Now...reacting hysterically when anyone says all lives matter is insane, though. It almost seems like bait.

Which is one reason why I really question motivations. Or I expect too much. I guess there's nothing wrong with being enraged and ready to fight, but one really doesn't advance one's cause.....