Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do couples actually do together? (Split from Little rants)

What do couples actually do together? (Split from Little rants)

Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuff View Post
    thread idea: what do couples actually do together
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    Bwahaha! Seriously!
    Well??? DO IT! (or I will)

Edit: Split from here.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatloveihave View Post
    I don't find you a potential threat to human society, you're not crazy. Feces.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    You can split it if you want. xD
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

I totally split it.

So.. what DO couples actually do together?
    Off the top of my personal list:
    Clean house, make beds, make babies, practice making babies, exercise together, watch some shows/movies together, fish together, shop together, buy groceries together, horseplay together, banter together, sleep together, fart together.

Most enjoyable award: Horseplay (I know, not the obvious winner... but it lasts longer) <rimshot>
    Most appreciated: Exercise (Takes two to keep each other motivated)
    Most shitty if doing alone: Clean house... or maybe make babies? Ha.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatloveihave View Post
    I don't find you a potential threat to human society, you're not crazy. Feces.

Type
    xxxx
    (not prepared for the dark cloud of bitterness/meanness that would inevitably show up.)
    Last edited by jigglypuff; 09-29-2015 at 01:32 AM.

Type
    INFP
    Annoy the rest of us.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Type
    xxxx
    Poop together, back and forth, forever.
    "I fucking hate the cold!" - Wim Hof

art and flowers: https://www.instagram.com/cloudlilt/

.: PERSISTENCE IS ALL :. Pan_Sonic_000's Avatar
    Type
    ENxx
    I used to dread the idea of relationships because I thought it meant lost autonomy.

I remember as a kid, I'd see these soulless, unhappy fuckers getting dragged around shopping malls on the weekend - dudes who had clearly thrown in the towel on life upon realizing they lived in a middle-class prison. Shitty, screaming kids following them around and maybe some horrifyingly unattractive wife bitching the whole way. It seemed wretched. So it made me have this weird aversion to "doing stuff"; I imagined the routine of it was the first step towards the awful life above.

Actually, I still think that's true for most people. So I don't know where I was going with that other than to say I like to "do stuff" with my woman and it's actually pretty badass because it's not that kind of life. We never wanted it.

So we're together a lot - cooking or talking or laying in bed reading. Hiking. Going to animal shelters. Going to concerts or doing artsy stuff. Used book stores a huge one. A lot of it isn't the activity itself, but the fact we both appreciate it the same way. There's a shared joy, I suppose. Like grocery shopping is still fun because we can do it at 11pm, half-drunk and buying impromptu stuff to make parfait just cause we want to.

The cleaning and errands still happen, but even then we'll smoke pot and listen to Purity Ring while we clean the kitchen and that's cool too.
    Wild skies
    Full moon and thoughts collide
    We look for answers in those catatonic, bloodshot eyes
    A steady stream of madness
    Rises to a flood...

...The clock is ticking for Bad Blood

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuff View Post
    (not prepared for the dark cloud of bitterness/meanness that would inevitably show up.)
    Really? I don't think the forum is that intolerant. Err, I hope not.

For the record I never actually wondered any of this until I was forced to notice that my little sister and her bf never do anything, not even talk. They just lie around cuddling. I'd suffocate - but it makes me wonder how normal that is. At least they aren't fighting all the time, that seems much more common.

I don't think activities are rocket science, I focused on those things for a long time when in fact the important thing is being around someone whose conversation you enjoy; whose opinion has actual value. While we can and must "respect" each other, even when our opinions are kind of idiotic, I frankly can't put up with someone over the long term if all of their opinions are inferior to mine. A couple of months ago I went to watch an old film with a date and on our way out of the theater, he's like, "I think the children represent the innocence of blah blah blah..." :> I just wanted the earth to open up and swallow me. Like, here we go again. If you're thinking something stupidly obvious, keep your mouth shut. Seriously. But then that's what it turns into, you know. The whole thing. And imagine one day you might feel compelled to do what they say, for whatever reason, except -little detail- they're not very bright. So they can't be in charge of anything.

I dunno, maybe I'm just kind of despicable.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    INTP
    As more of a contemplative sort of person, I don't have an inclination to 'doing' much...for me, I'm prompted by inspiration and opportunity striking at the same time. My wife is more of a doer/planner, so we usually do whatever she's schemed. That being said, what we do is pretty much just live life and push one another to look at it differently and with greater insight whenever possible...we're both self-help junkies.
    ...the origin of emotional sickness lay in people’s belief that they were their personalities...
    "The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." ~Carl Jung

Type
    xxxx
    "I fucking hate the cold!" - Wim Hof

art and flowers: https://www.instagram.com/cloudlilt/