Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on Life, the Universe, and Consciousness - The Ghost in the Machine

Societal egress and ennui Catoptric's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

About EVP or paranormal observation

It’s a manner or process, and contrary to the assumption that “it can’t be measured,” you would first have to isolate the phenomenon and rule out the possibility of interference from the environment or tampering.

Introduction to the Scientific Method (http://teacher.pas.rochester.edu/phy...appendixe.html)

In that article, it states, “Another common mistake arises from the failure to *estimate* *quantitatively *systematic errors (and all errors). There are many examples of discoveries which were missed by experimenters whose data contained a new phenomenon, but who explained it away as a systematic background. Conversely, there are many examples of alleged "new discoveries" which later proved to be due to systematic errors not accounted for by the "discoverers."”
    It’s one thing to do an experiment when you know what to look for, but it’s another when it’s difficult to determine how evidence for paranormal occurrences are believed to exist (without explaining them away as aberrations caused by lack of insight into what is happening or as interference.) It’s far too easy for people to want to discount something only because they refuse to believe it is occurring. If the phenomenon occurred parasitically on the ambient atmospheric energies, would a scientist come across such a phenomenon and recognize it for what it is, or would they simply replicate the experiment not knowing what was causing interference until they got the desired results (sans ghost who gave up trying to communicate?)

Perhaps if a scientist boxed himself inside a giant Faraday cage and died after closing access to the giant box, and determined to set up an experiment in which he tinkered with the measuring devices; would people still accept results or would they explain it away as some static buildup from an isolated environment?
    Would it be similar to a Schrodinger’s Cat experiment where one would have to physically observe the phenomenon taking place for it to exist; or would that be like the tree collapsing in the forest which doesn’t make a sound if you aren’t there to observe it and hear it?

Schrödinger's cat: The favorite, misunderstood pet of quantum mechanics (https://www.livescience.com/schrodingers-cat.html)

Might as well use this when arguing.
    https://web.cn.edu/kwheeler/fallacies_list.html
    Last edited by Catoptric; 07-20-2020 at 07:07 PM.

Type
    INTP

Why the resurgence of supernatural/paranormal themes in modern entertainment?

A lot of modern movies are based on the Marvel comics as well as Star Wars (which is based on the author Joseph Campbell’s ideas and delves a lot into occultism and mythologies, such as the Djedi, based on supposedly mythological Egyptian Magicians.) When considering the shift from the 1960’s films, you could argue that scientific research into the ‘Space Age’ futuristic settings, as well as studies into occultism from the hippy movement and music entertainment drug use, gave a certain intrigue into mysticism. Tolkien’s books were popular and people were looking for a “Super Hero” to escape the listless dissatisfaction of uncertainty, where it’s far easier believing one has control and knows where we are heading (like some “coming of age”) when the peace and calm following major world events gave rise to escapism and a fixed timeline of where society is heading. People often sought out new ‘identifiers.’

Even life imitated “art” such as Jack Parsons of JPL/NASA rocket science who was into Theosophy and occultism, just as Hitler’s Thule society and the upper ranks of the Nazi’s were into occultism (partly for propaganda purposes,) and society was just getting out of a time when the “unknown” was less defined and open-ended, and people were trying to make sense of things. Technology gave people a way of justifying ancient occult thinkings, and as Arthur C. Clarke would say, “Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.”

Since society was still based on “novel thinking” and people were still questioning institutional thinking, fewer restrictions were placed on what people openly considered within government and religious institutions. Delving into such ideas became less controversial, and in an earlier time cults like Heaven’s Gate, Scientology, or the People’s Temple (Jim Jones used the lure of religion to justify a fascist-totalitarian, megalomaniac wet dream,) or any number of groups wouldn’t exist. People came out of restrictive environments and had a greater proliferation of inexpensive book publications. It was much easier to get access to ideas that were popular in book/magazine form, which has since proliferated in increasingly more cgi based methods to explore the ideas.

Consider why Stanley Kubrick delayed the production of the movie script for A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) and the reasons were simply because of improvements in technical capability. A lot of the movies made now wouldn’t have been as compelling, and one could say it’s a matter of perspective as to whether entertainment has been any less paranormal. Ancient texts are filled with supernatural elements which are what inspired Tolkein to write what he did, and the idea of divination and “summoning” is made in reference to Solomon’s Temple in pseudepigrapha texts .

Society goes through various stages where ambiguity is more tolerated, and ideas are explored more freely (and a significant record of antiquity has been destroyed over time with the likes of the burning of Library of Alexandria, or the censorship of celtic/”Pagan” literature, or the silencing of entire civilizations (Mayan, Aztecs, Native Americans, etc.) whose ideas were verboten to the new rulers.

In video games, I suspect a lot of them are trying to educate people on ideas that are considered taboo somewhat, as I’ve noticed in ‘Deus Ex Human Revolution’ some “Easter Eggs” with Amanita muscaria mushrooms which I thought was REALLY ODD, and I’m certain it wasn’t promoting what are considered recreational drugs. . . In fact, it was more likely taking the idea from Genesis (as well as Babylonian literature. . . an Ishtar reference) in the Bible where both the ‘Tree of Life’ and “knowledge of good and evil” as derived from the “apple” and the serpent reference (which I’m not going to argue whether it’s ‘Satan’ or a so-called Devil as it could be a title used by the church to keep people from questioning the occult meaning of the text) because that was the aspect of where technology is getting into and how it can change the course of human relations. Transhumanism is also explored in ‘Talos Principle,’ and it gets to be very deep philosophically as the game progresses, where it’s assumed that by not ascending the tower you then allow for the simulation to enslave you; by being able to escape the mental prison (sort of a ‘Plato’s Cave’ reference,) you can then be responsible for your own self (rather than to be controlled by something or someone that cannot ultimately be considered altruistic if it is only preventing you from truly understanding the moral concept of self-liberation; thus ridding society of auto-determination.)

And truthfully, society is and always was controlled by occult themes, and occult beliefs, which is why over the course of history you will find evidence of certain movements and identities that were determined to collaborate based on their own self-interest. Was society suppressing beliefs of paranormal because it was real or because it delved into what inspired our modern institutions? Governments afterall are the byproduct of religious beliefs that were designed to try and understand the nature of reality (and that desire to understand human nature and the natural world is what compelled people to use it to control and enslave people.) As religious institutions became TV spectacles so did marketing and “entertainment” begin to incorporate what appealed to people and kept their attention.

Modern shows like Stranger Things are just reexploring the ideas of 1980’s entertainment which were largely influenced by Stephen King books, but also as I was mentioning with regards to the “unknown” and where science was headed, people were wanting a means of defining things that are undefinable, or which people would hope to have a means of controlling and understanding the direction society is taking.

And no matter what people would like to think, stuff from the ancient world has not gone away to this very day. . .

Type
    INTP

EVP thoughts and commonality with known physics hypothesis

I’m reminded of this Do atoms going through a double slit ‘know’ if they are being observed? – Physics World.

Is a human observer/proxy required to manifest the EVP and other paranormal phenomenon? So if Marcello Bacci steps out of a room the radio with contact to the deceased relatives are gone, but if he returns and the phenomenon returns then he is somehow acting as a median of sorts?

If two people held different microphone recorders adjacent to one another neither of which hears anything prior to the recording and only one of the microphones detects an anomaly caused by how one person’s nervous system interacted on that specific device, what if the person that didn’t record anything is more convinced by EVP than the one that recorded/experienced it?

Then a levitating human then defies physics as has been recorded throughout the years ( Most Outstanding Case of Levitation in History, Witnessed by Multitudes: Expert Discusses ) including those claimed by Buddhist monks, but if the observer experience observing the anomaly then experience observing that phenomenon is considered a group-shared psychosis?

It essentially sounds like a panpsychism holographic projection, if it was somehow “existing” but “not existing.” Alternatively when considering materialism being contingent on a nonmaterialist framework, by allowing for observer phenomenon to manipulate matter (such as would hypothetically exist for telekinesis or some noncorporeal phenomenon manifesting) is the idea of it being dependent on biostatic feedback.

Different iteration

Credible evidence? Is the onus at this point to question human psychology and its tendency to believe the zeitgeist of it’s chosen identity? Why not claim those professing evidence are Witches that have caste demons at the “experts” and burn them as heretics; or am I confusing the sane ones with those who have somehow materialized evidence that likewise doesn’t exist?

Personally I think it’s very apparent that evidence abounds but few people have the intent to actually rebuff claims of evidence. I’ll just post some sample clips to see whether these are somehow disproven as you most clearly attest; rather than acknowledging the real truth of the matter, in which we don’t have what is considered a testable hypothesis, other than to acknowledge the existence of a phenomenon that has yet to be explained?

Recorded in Texas

damn that what mean - furneaux 010305.mp3
    not giving anything with government what happening - furneaux 010705.mp3
    ask how old are you - re we dont know - i am under 20 - we dont know - furneaux 010705.mp3
    im not worried-charlie chaplin -cont .mp3 (one of the more significant recordings

These were recorded in Indiana

-awesome- homer among fellowship - thats the after hour.mp3
    I dare ya.mp3
    I have no idea whose the messiah.mp3
    I would be meaning to others RIGHT.mp3

Throughout several moments it’s clear that these EVP appear to indicate communication between entities, and they refer to themselves as entities. In this next one I am commenting on a Dr. Pepper can that was engraved on a tombstone and this was the response. ( im a weird entity - some things look good.mp3 )

One gave some insight into the phenomenon ( any time they link you have to go on - 011505.mp3 )

As for UFO tell me what this Rorschach test reveals? (download by clicking the bottom arrow on top left and zoom in.)

Triangle UFO Ryan Mathew Parr MUFON 100393 dated 05162019.gif

Orb movement dissappearance.gif

Cameras, as well as recording devices, routinely recognize anomalies that would not be seen by the human eye simply because they are outside the spectrum of what the human eye and ears are able to recognize, especially if the “auditory” EVP phenomenon is demonstrated without an actual piezoelectric diaphragm such as exists for microphones, and when EVP does often show up it tends to register outside the normal vocal range (this might be inaccurate) implying it is occurring and is undetectable by the observer (which is why when I used studio monitoring headphones and spent extensive time distinguishing actual recorded EVP, it comes as no surprise that I wouldn’t have heard an aberrant sound I was unaware may have existed even if it was audible to me.) The most evident EVP recordings (one of them has my recorded voice and a very distinct British accent EVP is recorded damn that what mean - furneaux 010305.mp3 which would have probably been one of the original people buried in the cemetery who emigrated to the US,) and I was completely unaware it was even present when I was recording it.
    Full-spectrum cameras can be utilized by removing/modding the usual filter of the image sensor, and when I have photographed anomalies I’m aware that user error can take place, but it becomes apparent that you can take a sequence of photos and in only one photo will anything very apparent show up (which is where this photo was taken (025_22.JPG ) following this one (Iron Maiden Drexel Hall 024_21.JPG )

Some audio recording devices (like the Sony ICD-BM1) have audio file formats (MSV) that were practically obsolete as soon as they produced the recorder, and are rather difficult to mess with, so I assume that substantiates some idea of it being original to the locale that I recorded it.

I had the same skepticism as you which was 15 years ago—and I could perhaps try with newer equipment to see if something has changed with results (as I’ve not found any ghosts with the usual places that I’ve taken photos, and perhaps it has something to do with why certain locations are particularly appealing for people to investigate.)

Static electricity and paranormal phenomenon?

I would argue that the ghost phenomenon interacts through proxy of an underlying energy source, and does not interact as would a biological organism (which energy exists via mitochondria and metabolic processes.)

Perhaps just as a radio picks up energy from the atmosphere which is attuned to a certain frequency for “transmission,” perhaps such a phenomenon relies upon an observer/proxy that then has a better chance of relaying a transmission such as through contact of a recorder (and the Sony ICD-BM1 recorder I used to some success has an aluminum body.)

Take this idea, that consciousness affects matter, and perhaps if a fractal could explain a microcosm and macrocosm of all life in the universe, perhaps we are tied to particles we do not see because they are not within our spectrum of observation, nor can we comprehend that we observe them on a tangible level?

If our brains are a “more powerful than all computers combined in existence” and could thus interact in ways with our surroundings, perhaps the biological processes of a living organism and it’s nervous system likewise can be a proxy for a “quantum entanglement?"

Physicists prove Einstein's 'spooky' quantum entanglement
    https://www.cnet.com/news/physicists...-entanglement/

You know how when old TV antennas had a signal disrupted by walking in front of it, or if you ever placed your finger on a microphone port or an auxiliary input of an audio device it would sometimes pick up a radio station because your body transmits that frequency into the device. Similarly, we have electromagnetic interference from physical proximity even without making contact.

Consciousness does not confine itself purely to physical matter [5]and pervades the universe, and may comprise elements we can’t even fully comprehend which would explain why out of body experiencers seem to describe events and details they could not possibly know about. If certain cases of reincarnation are genuine (I’ve posted recently on the topic though not specifically with that title in the question) it would corroborate the OBE claims.

I’ve suspected that certain people might have a more active biostatic element to their metabolism which could explain a commonality of those claiming paranormal experiences, and maybe they attract such phenomenon, though I can’t be sure that electrical aspects are connected per se; however I do recall claims of TV’s that happened to be turned off when photographed, and they were the old cathode ray tubes that often had a ton of static electricity in them (which much like old PC boxes could have lethal static buildup which is why people wore grounding wires to their wrists when working on them,) which apparently had manifest as an apparition of something. . . (check the two links. I’m not saying these are 100% authenticated but it does answer the question of static electricity.)

Faces on Turned Off Television Screens

And more claims

Ghost face on TV screen!

Static electricity would be residual energy that potentially works, much as how when I took a photo of a claimed haunted building, the camera flash (a Minolta HS 5400) thyristor was being discharged of energy right before the flicker of the camera flash bulb illuminated with the shutter (which should have been 1/60th or higher on an Minolta Maxxum 5 film camera body, with probably 800 ISO film,) which shows several series of exposure of an anomaly. Static or energy source?

Image I took

Does Consciousness Pervade the Universe?
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-the-universe/

Physicists probe the paranormal – Physics World
    https://physicsworld.com/a/physicist...he-paranormal/
    Last edited by Catoptric; 07-26-2020 at 04:42 AM.