Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: letters to ex's

Type
    INTP
    To the one before the bitch of my previous post...

Sorry, I just hadn't sorted out who or what I was yet.

To the one before that:

Sorry, I probably should have called you back after that...

Type
    INXX
    In chronological order:

Met in Church:
    Dear Nina,

You are a disgusting pincushion sperm bank. How could you sleep with your sister's husband, several of my friends, your husband's brother's father, and 10 hundred others. Does it hurt to keep your legs closed? My life would have been better if I never knew you. I still suffer from the influence of my time with you.
    No, I'm not adding you to my facebook.
    Met in Army:
    Dear Mary,

You are a disgusting pincushion sperm bank. And a gigantic liar! You broke my heart.
    No, I'm not adding you to my facebook.
    Met in Bar:
    Dear Dawn,

By the time you met me, I had devolved into a useless sorry excuse for a human. I'm so sorry. If I was who I am today I never would have left. I dream of you about 6 times a year.
    Met on Internet:
    Dear Denise,

I'm sorry you had to deal with me. You didn't deserve that at all. I think of you often and am repulsed but who I was when you knew me. Nobody should have to deal with that crap. You would have been better if you never met me.

Type
    INFP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Dear exes,

You're welcome for affecting you in such a way that you married and had kids with the next man you met.

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    I've already said a lot of the things I wanted to say already, and I'm not sure what good the things I want to say would do....but:

Dear Ex #1: When I said I would be friends after you moved away, I wanted to be treated a little bit better than I was. Getting ignored for weeks, probably when you were romantically interested to someone, and hearing you talk about your romantic interests (while getting upset whenever I mentioned mine, which was somehow a different situation), was not that fun. So I really wish you had listened to me when I said that I understand if you don't want to talk to me when I see someone else, but if you do, you just tell me goodbye or something and give me closure. Instead you just said you would never do that , but of course, that is exactly what you did. (INFP, of course)

It wasn't a perfect relationship, but if I had proper closure, I would have had an easier time seeing it as a positive experience. In retrospect, we should have just cut it off entirely when you moved. For some reason that makes me a heartless douchebag according to many women (basing this off actual overheard conversations) but it seems more emotionally sensible.

I hope you're happy, though, wherever you are. You didn't understand me as well as I hoped you would have, but perhaps some of that was my fault for not doing a better job communicating.

Dear Ex #2: Maybe I overreacted, but I don't care. I suppose I had to force some honesty into that situation. Obviously, something had changed, and I didn't know what, though I had my fears. I would honestly have rather learned what it was, as I did (which was what I feared), than have it nag at me. I sometimes get the sense, when I run into you, that you regret the impulsive nature of the way you ended it. You mention what a wonderful time we had, and things like that, but for me, if it's over, it's over. We might have been able to work past it if you had been more patient, but I guess ESFPs aren't known for patience.

I don't think there's a way to write about this without looking self-absorbed. Neither of them were really that terrible to me, I guess, but the way they both ended sure as hell didn't make me happy.
    Last edited by msg_v2; 01-11-2014 at 06:53 AM.

Type
    ENTP
    Only one worthwhile ex to comment on:

I hope you're doing well in your life right now. I still care about you in a platonic way, and I hope you're happy. But I had to shut you out of my mind and my life, because I wanted you to move on. When you tried to contact me for the year or so after we broke up, I was intentionally non-engaging, because I didn't want to continue talking to you. But now that we don't talk, I can only wonder if you've moved on and you're happy.

P.S. I'm sorry I didn't break things off sooner. Because I was holding you back, and you were holding me back.
    We didn't land on Plymouth Rock. Plymouth Rock landed on us.

Type
    xxxx
    INTPx Award Winner
    Dear M,

I wonder if you ever feel guilt for what you did. You've probably rationalised your way out of responsibility, though. Human psychology is wonderful.

I guess it all worked out for the best though. I loved you so much it was destroying me. Now that I'm no longer wearing love-coloured glasses, I can see you for what you are: all excuses, no ambition. That's not who I want to be around. That's not who I want to be.

You're heroin in the form of romance: Ecstasy without substance. Happiness without fulfillment.

But you're happier with that new girl and you've grown since then. You definitely have. Things really do work out for the best!

Michelle

Dear R,

You have the perfect dick seriously how can you hate yourself? It's a work of art.

Love, Michelle
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Check out my art. https://www.instagram.com/karililt/

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    No because I haven't retained many memories of them

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    Dear guys,

I'm sorry. For giving you the best thing you ever had, and then taking it away. You have nothing left to live for in the realm of romantic love. I suggest you give up now, and join a travelling circus.

Luv,
    Annie

PS: You owe me money.
    annie r u fucking ok?

Type
    INTP
    Dear #1: I didn't know how to handle love or how to break up with you, but I did mind fuck you and I'm sorry for that.

Dear #2: I know you kept trying to get back in touch with me, which I wasn't opposed to, but I felt like you wanted to get back with me so I dropped off the face of the earth.

Dear #3: You were a manchild 20 years older than me, yet I was more mature than you. Regardless, you should have known better and not cowarded out...at the end of the day I think we both knew I was too good for you, it just took me years to realize it.

Dear #4: I hope someone breaks your heart the way you broke mine.