View Poll Results: Do you express these facial traits?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Competence

2 18.18%
  • Dominance

2 18.18%
  • Both

7 63.64%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: INTP - Facial Expression Affect and Intimidation Factor

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I don't think I have resting bitchface, but I can't see the way I look when i'm concentrating on something or daydreaming. I know I'm transparent though, because sometimes I'll get some passing thought and someone might ask, "What's the matter?" I think sometimes I lose self-awareness to the point that I don't realize I'm making a face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

facta non verba interprétation erronée's Avatar
    Type
    INxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    I don't think I have resting bitchface, but I can't see the way I look when i'm concentrating on something or daydreaming. I know I'm transparent though, because sometimes I'll get some passing thought and someone might ask, "What's the matter?" I think sometimes I lose self-awareness to the point that I don't realize I'm making a face.
    My Sister is notorious for displaying a frustrated/irritated expression when she shifts focus. When I know Kyli's busy at figuring something out, she looks as if poised to reach for an elusive fly, like "C'mere mister buzz pants!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    Jan Bonclay
    “If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.” ― Malcolm X

Type
    INtP
    Yeah I often would have RBF. But so much is projection because occasionally a more insightful person could tell I’m just absent-minded, and sometimes actually timid. My face was rather blank but people project their insecurities onto you.

I tend to look hostile or aloof to most people then, not particularly competent nor dominant. I think people interpret women differently though.

Men definitely were deterred from hitting on me. Women sometimes would think I’m snubbing them. This happens less so as I’ve undergone a lot of growth and now am much more present and feel more of an inner confidence even when I’m not certain of something. Having a present energy and sense of assuredness about oneself is much more inviting than being detached and pensive. I actually feel more like myself too, not less so. My mental energy isn’t wasted and so I’m problem solving better which puts me in a positive cycle of confidence building.

Edit -perhaps I have some air of competency in general though, because even in my airhead moments, which are not few, people still see me as the “absent minded professor type” not a true airhead.

Type
    INTP
    My face is what i describe as "resting dick face", as 99% of the people i've spoken to more than once have told me to smile. I have not the slightest hint as to why i still have a job in customer service.

Type
    INTP
    Mm, I don't think I have RBF..

I get told to smile more though (and I'm like "yo bitch, if I had something to smile about..!")

People tend to ask me if I'm "okay" when a certain line of deep thought Interrupts my multitasking ability.

Often times I'll just stop mid whatever, gaze to the distance and have a good ol' ponder.. often with a confused or angry look on my face I guess.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    The poll should have an option for neither.

I've been told I have resting bored face. It's been described as "someone is explaining at length and in painfully great depth something that already incredibly familiar with"." Which is an issue if I'm listening to someone explain something.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    i think i have mild RBF cuz people often ask me what my thoughts are, even from across a room. most of the time when they ask that, i’m not thinking about anything but they say it looks like i’m “thinking hard.”

i kinda know what they’re talking about but it’s really just my face.

i don’t think my face oozes competence or dominance, but the way i talk maybe suggests something as people generally don’t fuck with me. i just really value having the chance to speak cuz my appearance is probably misleading.
    Last edited by jigglypuff; 12-19-2017 at 11:59 AM.
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

The secret ingredient in bitchy resting face is a little touch of contempt. Do you feel ever so slight (or a ton of) contempt for the people at your work or out in the world? I know I do. It shows.

Type
    INTP
    After further thought on the matter, I must have a very dominant face because people(predominantly other guys) refrain from actively approaching me or even getting in my way when I'm walking down the street. Kinda satisfies me in a way.

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    I met a friend once and he told me hey why are you so angry? I was like wtf. Its just too sunny around here.