Regression: 10
    Displacement: 20
    Denial: 0
    Repression: 40
    Intellectualization: 40
    Reaction formation: 0
    Projection: 50
    Compensation: 10

Per other's comments the questions are too black and white. Like the blood one. Yeah, I'm not blood phobic but someone covered in blood might upset me (although the upset might be along the lines of - lovely, now I have to call 911 and nursemaid this person until emergency services show up).

And is it just me or do these psych websites seem to display a consistent bias towards making people feel psychologically maladjusted and ergo seek professional treatment?

Most people will lie (or mislead/misinform) to achieve success CHECK.

Type
    INTP
    Regression: 50
    Displacement: 60
    Repression: 50
    Intellectualization: 70
    Reaction formation: 50
    Projection: 90
    Compensation: 50

Regression.
    Psychological regression is a childish way of dealing with challenges. Drinking, overeating and other forms of escapism are all examples of regression.

Displacement.
    Displacement is considered to be a neurotic mechanism, which means it is always negative and may take a toll on your relationships. When displacement is used, your aggressive impulses are directed to an unthreatening target that has nothing to do with whatever made you upset. For example, you may start a fight with your spouse after having a hard day at work, or you may yell at your children because you are upset with your spouse. The displacement technique is different from sublimation. When sublimation is used, your negative emotions are transformed into something positive. For example, if you are going for a run to get rid of anger, you are using the sublimation technique.

Denial.
    Psychological denial is a common coping mechanism. Basically, denial is an attempt to reduce anxiety and worry by refusing to accept the reality. A woman may deny there is a lump in her breast. An overweight person may insist she is big-boned. Many overly optimistic and overly positive people, in fact, are using denial as their predominant coping strategy.

Repression.
    Psychological repression is unconscious attempt to repel negative feelings as if they didnít exist. People who use repression as their predominant strategy typically are not aware of their own emotional situation and feelings. Sometimes they will not have any recollection of traumatic events that undoubtedly happened whatsoever. Repression is slightly different from suppression. While repression is an unconscious process, suppression is a conscious blocking of impulses and emotions.

Intellectualization.
    Psychological intellectualization is an attempt to deal with frustration and anxiety by leaving our emotions behind and concentrating on rational analysis of upsetting events. An example of this would be a patient diagnosed with a serious illness who deals with his anxiety by reading everything he can find about his diagnosis.

People who tend to use intellectualization may also use rationalization, another coping mechanism. The difference between intellectualization and rationalization is that rationalization typically involves minimizing the importance of upsetting events or giving excuses. For example, if your job interview didnít go successfully, you may be tempted to say you werenít that interested anyway.

Reaction formation.
    Reaction formation is probably the most interesting defense mechanism of all. Basically, reaction formation is converting your actual feelings to their exact opposite. For example, you may be so deeply in love that you feel extremely vulnerable. To get rid of anxiety, you begin to act as if you were indifferent to, or even hated the person you really love. Another example is when you behave overly friendly toward a person who you secretly dislike. The key to reaction formation is exaggeration and compulsiveness. Needless to say, reaction formation is not a healthy way of dealing with emotional problems.

Projection.
    Projection is a coping technique that helps reduce anxiety by attributing unacceptable behavior to somebody else. For example, your spouse may accuse you in being mean and not letting them talk while in reality itís your spouse who doesnít let you talk. Another example would be when you dislike someone without any obvious reason. To reduce your anxiety and justify your feelings, you start thinking that itís that person who doesnít like you in the first place. In extreme cases, people who use this defense mechanism may appear paranoid. They will display extreme distrust of others and build conspiracy theories.

Compensation.
    Psychological compensation is an attempt to compensate for real or imagined flaws in one area by excelling in another area. For example, someone who fails academically may compensate by becoming a great athlete, or someone who is physically weak may compensate by concentrating on their studies or career. Unattractive people may compensate by becoming great lovers and / or attentive partners. Compensation may be positive or negative. While positive compensation helps overcome challenges, negative compensation increases feeling of inferiority.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    xxxx
    INTPx Award Winner
    Denial: 70
    Reaction formation: 30
    Projection: 10

Denial: I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Check out my art. https://www.instagram.com/karililt/

Retired
    Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by kari View Post
    Denial: 70
    Reaction formation: 30
    Projection: 10

Denial: I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    I think it's hilarious that the test considers almost all positive statements arguments for "Denial".

Type
    iNtP
    washington... this sometimes changes withought planning...
    Intellectualization: 50
    Reaction formation: 10
    Projection: 50
    Compensation: 0
    "The vanity of intelligence is that the intelligent man is often more committed to 'one-upping' his opponent than being truthful. When the idea of intelligence, rather than intelligence itself, becomes a staple, there is no wisdom in it."
    Criss Jami

"When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion."
    "Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving."
    Dale Carnegie

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sappho View Post
    I think it's hilarious that the test considers almost all positive statements arguments for "Denial".
    There's also the presumption that denial is unconditionally bad. I think there is nothing wrong or unhealthy with denying needless and futile worry a place to live in your head.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    Well, I've got a lot of unhealthy defense mechanisms, and I think it picked up on all of them

Regression: Over indulgence (8's neuroticism for lust)

Displacement: When people make me angry usually want to physically kill them - logic dictates this action wouldn't be good for me in the long run - so I find other ways to channel that anger.

Repression: I've learned not to feel (except anger, of course)

Intellectualisation: Self explanatory.

Reaction Formation: The very reason why I'm incapable of trusting myself. I only ever really know anything in hindsight. There's a fine line between love and hate, and don't I know it.

Projection: This isn't a category I expected to score high on.. but in hindsight, it's makes sense. I pictured people who project a lot as those sorts of people who shit stir /gossip, and then accuse you of that when you were quite honestly minding your own business. Youknow the sorts of people who project their own issues onto others.. I don't generally do that, apart from in the Instance it mentioned; towards spouse.. my tendancy towards double standards is ridiculous, and completely unjust. I know that needs work, but I'm finding it almost impossible.

Compensation: Yea, I'm not clear on what on compensating for with what.. but I'm definitely compensating. I'm as critical to myself as I am towards others... but I make myself laugh, so there is that.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INXP
    Displacement: 30
    Denial: 10
    Repression: 60
    Intellectualization: 50
    Projection: 40
    But your individuality and your present need will be swept away by change,
    and what you now ardently desire will one day become the object of abhorrence.
    ~ Schiller - 'Psychological Types'

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    Displacement: 0
    Denial: 20
    Repression: 40
    Projection: 20

a lot of them were just fuckin weird and I relate 0%. what is this even

Deep inside I don’t enjoy spending time with my family. This makes me want to overcompensate by showering them with gifts and constantly showing my love to them.
    and unfortunately i know people who admit to this one

Sometimes I want to hit another car when I drive.
    Cut out all these exclamation points. An exclamation point is like laughing at your own joke.

Finding people annoying is a dead giveaway of projection I guess. This test called me out as an annoying person.