Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you still work if you didn't have to?

Type
    ENTJ

Would you still work if you didn't have to?

Consider that you have an income to give you a reasonably comfortable life. Would you still work for money?

Type
    INTP
    Work might offer better access to interesting technologies and problems. Otherwise I don't see any reason I'd partake except for status and socializing. I'd be content being of no use to anyone.
    "All my heroes are dead" - John Zorn

"It's not selfish if you hate yourself"

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I would pursue options that satisfy my purpose for being here, and would no doubt be doing other things apart from interacting with people. Ideas I would have in mind is writing, reading/studying, and probably investing in programs that would assist needs (I'm thinking of creating inexpensive living options with some possibility of self-sustainability.) The problem is that most of these ideas are still "pipe dreams" in today's world.

Type
    INTP
    Yes, but I would work at more things that interest me, instead of an organization or other people. I'd also like to do some humanitarian or charity service work, perhaps for an extended period of several years. It was about me far too long. I don't think I could just sit and relax though, or just constantly party.

Type
    INTP
    Yes if it were doing what I want to do.

Type
    intp
    The OP is confusing, I already fit the qualifications. I have an income that allows me a comfortable lifestyle, and I don't give my labor away.

However, if I had enough money to not need to work, I'd try to do consulting for non-profits without pay, probably on the order of 20 hours a week. It isn't good to have nothing to do. The rest of my time would be filled with studying.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Depends how much and whether I had a marketable degree that I could trade for not having to work hard, or long hours, or without autonomy. I guess it ultimately depends upon the definition of work.

If I had a trust fund, my work would probably involve trying to get some kind of project started.
    Chris Brown did nothing wrong

Type
    INTP
    No. But I would do stuff and make things.
    --Mention of these things is so taboo, they aren't even allowed a name for the prohibition. It is just not done.

Type
    INTP
    Nope. I took a year off and it was glorious. Working sucks.

Unemployment was only depressing because I didn't have money to go out and do things or provide for anybody. It's a big world and money goes a long way, I'm sure there's enough out there to turn my back on work forever thanks very much.