Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Would you still work if you didn't have to?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by kali View Post
    There's a difference between being busy and being productive though?
    Sure. I don't think I enjoy being busy, now that you're making me think of the two states of being.

Type
    ISFP
    Yeah, I would read, paint and record music forever, try to join projects to show my stuff to people. Be professional about it, which I haven't really tried to. Tho I did participate in some exhibitions here in Madrid.
    When you think of it art is so important and so little people give credit for it, won't consider it a job when its basically as tiring aw any other.
    Yeah, a bohemian lifestyle, can see myself drinking a cup of wine next to my window next to a crowded street inside my 60s dusty cavern.

chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by PureViolence View Post
    Yeah, I would read, paint and record music forever, try to join projects to show my stuff to people. Be professional about it, which I haven't really tried to. Tho I did participate in some exhibitions here in Madrid.
    When you think of it art is so important and so little people give credit for it, won't consider it a job when its basically as tiring aw any other.
    being a working artist is a lot of work, it's double the work of just having one mentally unstimulating day job* which is why more people don't do it imho.

when i say i would work, i'm also imagining creative labor being work. it'd be more on my terms and its value wouldn't be defined by how much money it makes. and i think i speak for many artists on this, that not having to worry about money would be extremely fulfilling, and would help the art.

* this is in my experience. depends on the job though. in my mind, it's like, working at an office VS working anything and hustling.
    the clouds in the sky caress my mind so tenderly

Type
    INtP
    I wouldn’t intentionally work for money. Id likely do a lot of projects, and if money came out of it, then it wouldn’t be a problem.
    I’m not someone who’d sleep all day and watch TV. However, most of my interests and talents don’t make for steady work, so they get put on the back-burner. I also like freedom to experiment and fail. Paying work doesn’t give so much wiggle room.
    Without needing to be concerned with making a living, Id say I might actually produce higher quality stuff.

I would not work for money, unless it aligned with my desires

Type
    INTP
    INTP's without work slide into a brown depression. Without an external impetus INTP's rarely get any work done. Ergo, INTP's function best with some kind of external push.

I'd probably start a company and hire people - that would keep me accountable.

Type
    ISFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Architect View Post
    INTP's without work slide into a brown depression. Without an external impetus INTP's rarely get any work done. Ergo, INTP's function best with some kind of external push.

I'd probably start a company and hire people - that would keep me accountable.
    Omg are you architect from intpf? He he I thought you had found the key?
    I'm TheManBeyond, got banned there. This is afterlife. Not yet reincarnation.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by PureViolence View Post
    Omg are you architect from intpf? He he I thought you had found the key?
    Yes same. Yes figured it out, just slum here occasionally.

I'm TheManBeyond, got banned there. This is afterlife. Not yet reincarnation.
    Hello. It's not so much an afterlife, more a sort of apres vie

Type
    INTP
    Would I work in the sense of a continued structured atmosphere with management and superiors telling me what to do? Fuck no.

However, I would do productive activities relative to my interests in which could become a source of income? Yes.

Type
    iNtP
    washington... this sometimes changes withought planning...
    i think it would depend on what resources were available to me... is owning your own property within the range of a reasonably comfortable life? if yes i would be happy making improvements to my corner of the world and leaving the world to it's own devices... that sounded isolationist, but i meant in terms of work... if i knew it would be secure in my absence i would work on setting up or taking down rainbow gatherings... i think something like that might be a pleasant way to.expend energy... i would probablly try to make something in my freetime... bet inwould spend more time with gaming than i felt good about... honestly any place out in the trees where i could kind of do my thing and be left to make it pleasant is where i would be...
    "The vanity of intelligence is that the intelligent man is often more committed to 'one-upping' his opponent than being truthful. When the idea of intelligence, rather than intelligence itself, becomes a staple, there is no wisdom in it."
    Criss Jami

"When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion."
    "Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving."
    Dale Carnegie